Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't know how big of a grill you need, but I've had a Weber Q for going on ten years now and just recently replaced the burner for $30. They are smaller but are built like tanks, I left mine outside for awhile with a cover but now I just keep it in the shed cuz its easy to just pick it up and move it. They are also great for outings/camping.

So much this. I moved into a place where the owner had left the Weber Baby Q for us to use and when I moved out it was the first thing I got for myself. I don’t know what size your family is but I couldn’t see myself needing a bigger BBQ in a hurry. For the two of us + occasional guests the Baby Q is spot on. If your were regularly entertaining they do make a larger size. Aside from being built like a tank and fairly easy to clean they are super frugal on the gas. In a year of at least once a week use I didn’t even go through one 4.5kg gas bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

IOwnCalculus posted:

Dead tree carcass? Sick!

Cat interceptor: one other tick in the move to Canadia column - snow rallying.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

I use it mainly for quick cooking meats like chicken breasts, fish and shrimp etc and use my charcoal grills for steaks and stuff I wanna cook low and slow. The combo works out perfect.

That’s very much my usage model too. I have a Weber charcoal kettle and a charcoal hibachi but for everyday convenience the Q is hard to beat.

The place I’m moving into soon has a wood fired oven out in the backyard so I’ll really have my bases covered! I think that’ll be fun for having people over and doing a full leg of lamb etc

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
poo poo! Hope you're ok

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn I'm loving sore.

Did you get checked out? Concussion is nothing to gently caress with, neither is neck pain.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

Im paying AU$110 a month for an unlimited 100/40 fiber service here in Aus, and im one of the lucky ones WITH fiber who can actually GET close to the 100mbit im paying for- we sit on around 98mbit most days. Brothers on the other side of the National Broadband Network- Fiber To The Node and hes paying for a 100mbit service that occasionally delivers 70mbit but usually sits on around 60mbit.

Yeah the house I'm moving into tomorrow is STILL on ADSL2 and tops out at 12mbit. That'll be AU$69.99 for the privilege thanks.

Meantime it turns out I can fit 80% of my life in the back of my Corolla. I bet the suspension and clutch hate me in 1000km's time.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Drove ~700km today, we stopped to camp overnight and discovered we broke my pop up tent by having the kayak sit on top of it.

It’s still usable, thankfully. Now copping some decent rain, wind and a serious lightning storm. Hope the lake we camped next to doesn’t rise too much :v:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fermented Tinal posted:

Well, the city I live in passed a new bylaw a week ago, and it contains this whopper:

The typo is directly from the by-law page for the city, but we can probably assume they mean plate.

This is a problem, I have two unplated vehicles, one without any wheels and half a suspension. Right now they're at my folks' place but that's changing very soon. It's gonna be at least two-three months before I have the remainder of the parts needed just to get the cruiser road legal, let alone not looking like rear end. Longer if I end up having to buy a new bed instead of getting the old one fixed. It has to stay in my driveway once I lose shop space, I have nowhere else to put it. As for the Hilux, it is partially disassembled, has no bed, wheels, or rear suspension. I was planning on moving it to my back yard so I could work on it here, that truck's at least a year away from reassembly. I don't know what to fuckin' do other than hope my neighbours don't mind it since my privacy fence will at least hide it from the street.

That applies to your back yard? Does it matter if it's in a shed? Could you get one of those tent garage type setups? Anyways, seems unnecessarily draconian.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

There's no "seems" about it - it IS a wonderful place. South island especially.

Visiting there and living there are two different things. However this poo poo has got me considering moving back :rolleyes:

Yesterday was a poo poo day, trying and failing to get a bunch of poo poo done around the house. Girlfriend's e36 has a no start issue and I can't diagnose why, the water main can't be turned off so I can't fix the taps in the shower, the internet is obviously shithouse, but is much worse than when she moved in and I broke one of the keys so now I have to replace a lock.

Today was much better, I took a deep breath, set up my turntable and then went and drove my nephew and his mum around buying stuff in preparation for his first birthday tomorrow. It's nice to have some family nearby after 15 or so years.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Liquid Communism posted:

Does NZ have winters? I would miss winters.

Depends where you live. If you go far south, sure. Snow, great skiing and all that jazz. Live in the middle and it's just windy and rainy and poo poo. Go further north and it's cold-ish and probably rainy and gray but at least you have a sweet active volcano to ski on if you so wish.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Enourmo posted:

Oh dear god I just found out that our 6-hour-long senior design showcase is gonna have our table stationed outdoors. With suit and tie required.

end me now

https://www.opposuits.com/suits/summer-shineapple.html

Rhyno posted:

I like this plan.

Or just be the bigger person, forget the whole thing and move on. It'll be amazing how much better your life is.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

gimpsuitjones posted:

Dang I missed New Zealand chat

Need to work on your jandal sprints bro

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

cakesmith handyman posted:

So er, what tool should I buy to remove a broken-flush bolt?

an Exorcist? But seriously, someone did some black magic around here recently with a broken bolt that had a broken drill bit in it, I can't remember what thread it was in.

Has anyone had any experience with buying parts from ebay?

This crank sensor is straight up $100 cheaper than what I can find through the local parts places, which I know to be a rip off for most things. I don't know if I'm willing to risk it though.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

KakerMix posted:

I just bought an AZ-1

No tall people allowed.

Nobody? Nobody?

What forum is this?

Super stoked for your tiny dream car! Hope you get to flog it a bit before you sell it on

:perfect:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you're looking for something to do this weekend, I highly recommend seeing The Death of Stalin if it's at a theatre near you. Much like Iannucci's earlier work it's dark and funny. The set dressing is sublime and it really does have an all star cast. They way they've handled regional accents is brilliant too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ5dMYx2no

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

MomJeans420 posted:

I must read AI too much because I do remember that, and I just had to ask my wife what we did last Friday night.

In other news, Ford will trim it's North American car lineup to just two cars, the Mustang and a new Focus Active crossover.

This isn't satire? I was really expecting that to be an Onion link

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
:bravo:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

I need a cheapish body that can do it all when I need to.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Losers is my pick of comic book movies. Sure it’s not as good as the comic but I still enjoyed it enough to watch it more than three times. Also it has a great Kills song in the soundtrack and that’s my jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ephphatha posted:

One of the cycling goons (jamal I think) keeps posting photos of post-ride tacos on his strava rides and it's making me salty as gently caress that there's nowhere nearby I can get tacos.

Also slothrop I've been meaning to upload photos of where those stickers you gave me ended up, most are on the toolbox (and it's not exactly photogenic) but that if I crash one ended up in about the most appropriate location I could think of given I seem to crash every other MTB ride:

(That's the bottom of the downtube near the bottom bracket, if that's visible then I've no longer got the wheels on the ground. It's been visible a lot since then :v:)

:perfect:

• Locked thread