Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I've been tempted to get a new Vette - at least locally the dealers are putting $10-$15k on the hoods of those in stock. The problem is Vettes are highly personalized and those in stock are typically optioned badly. Aka if you're going to buy one, you're going to order one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn I'm loving sore.

Use more lube next time

(In all seriousness, max dose Advil - 4 every 6 hours - and rest)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Easily my favorite part about cheese is how it never expires

Dick cheese

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

He had another small breakdown and went scorched earth on facebook. Haven't heard from him since.

aka flew over the cuckoos nest

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

dee eight posted:

Windshield chat reminds me of that time when there was a deluge of telemarketing calls here for auto glass replacement. The pitch invariably started with "Do you have a cracked or chipped windshield?".

~~~~~~~~~

and the best: Son answers the phone "Hello?....No, but I have a crack in my rear end. Can you fix that?"

This is the best answer

Edit - re: back chat

I've been planking (I know, I know) for several months and it has really helped my lower back pain.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

One of the things I like most about my new place is the jetted two passenger bathtub. Nothing like some cheese, crackers, wine and a hot soak while goon posting on a Sunday afternoon.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Powershift posted:

Just don't think about the kind of stuff that generally grows inside those jet systems.

The first thing I did after changing the toilet seats was doing a nice jetted bleachy bath to clean out the works. I'm telling myself that will make it all better.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yeah, that sounds like a job I wouldn't want to have

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

iwentdoodie posted:

So, grabbed the wrong shirt this morning to use as an undershirt, and since I went to the gym it was too late to change it.

So now I'm wearing a white, striped polo with a normal white t shirt underneath instead of a real undershirt. Which is fine, except it's a Cooney rejects shirt, so if I stretch or move weird you see big red letters saying OI OI OI coming out.

I have a meeting with our VP this morning :v:

Also, STR I sent you an email the other day, did you get it?

Oooh - reminds me of a time (think late 80s/early 90s) when a friend and I decided to hit the community pool one summer. We didn't have swim trunks but were wearing shorts, so we emptied our pockets and jumped in. He was wearing white shorts and red underwear. Which were visible to everyone as soon as he got in the pool.

It could have been worse -- he could have been wearing whitey tighties

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yeah, the high road can be quite satisfying and entertaining. I try to stay on it as much as possible.

Today I got publicly called out for not attending a mandatory meeting, to which I was not invited. I assured the caller-outer (who happened to be the non-inviter) I would attend the next meeting he invited me to. That seemed to make him happy until he set up the next meeting and realized he was the one that hosed things up. Watching the blood drain out of his face and his poo poo-eating grin turn into a turd sandwich was priceless.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Seminal Flu posted:

Amazon's warehouse is having a tough-to-pin-down 20% off sale on some things. It's very hit-or-miss, but but I just grabbed an LG G6 for $265 delivered, which I think is p. good.

Now, is the phone crap? I'm replacing a Nexus 6p.

I'm about 50/50 on Amazon Warehouse items being dead/broken/damaged beyond as described. Sometimes you get a screaming deal, some you get a visit to UPS to return.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cage posted:

And when you tell them about it they'll most likely tell you to keep whatever it is and they'll send a new one.

That's not happened to me yet, but I'm mostly ordering electronics/components. I've been getting full refund plus freight.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

:gizz:

I came

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You're doing it wrong if you don't go for the 5lb Gummy Bear

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Darchangel posted:

The best part is that you would think that Sears, of all places, would have been well-positioned for the advent of online sales, being pretty much the king, if not the inventor, of mailorder sales, but they were too slow and squandered that opportunity.

edit: I need all you folks who quoted me to go back and edit that you're to your so I don't look like an idiot (as much.)

The amazing thing about Sears was that they *had* an online presence before online was even a thing. They started Prodigy along with IBM, and even had an online version of their catalog.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I work at a Fortune 100 corp and we are actively moving away from Apple and towards Android. The planned obsolescence lifecycle with Apple is costing us millions annually in hardware and redeployment costs. The hardware in general is 3x more expensive right out of the gate. App development, maintenance, and support has become more difficult over the past 2 years because Apple keeps incrementally monkeying with the foundation of iOS. The security slamdunk is more of a freethrow now.

Android has its bugaboos too, but we've decided it's a better fit for our 3, 5, and 10 year plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

April showers bring May flowers
Mayflowers bring pilgrims

• Locked thread