Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, though we have the opposite problem here, the police won't pursue scrotes on stolen motorbikes in case they get hurt. No helmet, no pursuit.

Hey man, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8KrdixvZc (I think the shooting might not start until a few minutes in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFmj1s8nD70 no shooting, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yup. They hosed with the 1 out of 10. I may not have money for a lawyer, but I'm self employed. Which means I have a whooooole lot of time on my hands when I need to be a gigantic dick.

Already talked to a couple of neighbors (one of them is my regular self checkout cashier at the grocery store I buy 90% of my beer from); SCO cashier confirmed her rent went up by a bit (more than mine did).

Is this in Dallas or in Austin?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
You can always find some code violations and call these guys. http://www.dallascityattorney.com/cphome.html Or just leave. Lawyering up sounds like it's unnecessary for you given you've gotten what you want and as you're moving there's very little upside in looking for some kind of justice.

Of course... for $10 you can probably copy a bunch of leaflets saying things like "Leases transfer with the transfer of the property. Your current lease is still in effect. You can request a copy and Texas law requires a landlord to provide a copy of the lease within three (3) days of a tenant’s written request for a copy of the lease. Failure of a landlord to provide a copy of a lease to a tenant within the three (3) requested days will prevent a landlord from enforcing a lease. If the landlord is trying to raise your rent, you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY THE INCREASE (but you still have to pay your old rent). You should request, in writing, a copy of your lease and make sure not to pay more than you owe." then put them under everyone's doors and post them around the property.

Here's a good resource. http://www.tyla.org/tyla/assets/File/Tenants%20Rights%202014.pdf

As is this. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/overview-landlord-tenant-laws-texas.html

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rhyno posted:

As far as weight lifting I may as well be! This sucks!

Just go and do it. That’s all. Very few things matter even remotely as much as consistency. You’ll always be stronger than some dudes be weaker than others. But go for you, not for anyone else. Plus it takes like 2-3 weeks to really get into the swing of a new program if you haven’t been lifting for a while. Are you stretching and foam rolling? I find a good rule of thumb is spend 1/2 the amount of time you’re lifting on stretching. So 30 minutes lifting, 15 minutes stretching. Also, for the first two weeks, Advil.

E: how did you gently caress up your shoulder doing deadlifts? If it’s really messed up, take it easy but still do what you can. Going and doing 15lb weights is better than doing nothing.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Seminal Flu posted:

gently caress the steaming pile of cancer that is YouTube targeted to kids.

I've got a traumatized 8 year old, because my dumbfuck brother-in-law and his wife don't pay any attention to what their kids watch.

We were at a family gathering on Saturday and my 8 year old girl ran off to play with their 10 year old girl. Just like they always do. Except, after that, she's been inconsolable with her crying about this scary video the 10 year old showed her.

What did she describe? The exact scene of 4:30-ish here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tjd8no-9Eo

Holy gently caress. That whole douche bag's channel is a steaming pile of cancer. And that video should NEVER be seen by anyone, much less a 10 year old.

I've got my kids on a pretty solid supervisory system. They know I watch what they watch and I search their history. They have NEVER strayed... it's just not in them right now. But now I'm uber-pissed off about this, because I don't even know how to deal with an absolutely innocent 8 year old having seen that poo poo, explaining it to her that it's meant to scare adults, and it's only makeup and scary camera shots, and then have her say "I know that in my brain, but my eyes keep seeing it" as she sobs.

gently caress people.

Purely fwiw, sometimes, pretending is a useful way to deal with this kind of fear. She knows it's not real so it's only fair that if she can get scared by something fake she can use something like a stuffed animal or whatever to pretend it will fight the bad thing off. Alternatively, something real and big that's special. "hey kid, sorry that's scary. We both know it's not real, but here's a breaker bar. Anything comes through that door that's not me or mom and you hit them right in the face with this and they're going down for the count." Either way, it still sucks when other parents (in particular) or the world (in general) ruins all the good parenting you've been doing.

Seminal Flu posted:

It ended up okay, but the initial denial of responsibility was tough to take.

This drives me crazy. Lying is developmentally appropriate behavior for kids. Don't be surprised when your kid lies or pretend they always tell the truth. They're literally supposed to be lying to their parents and then those parents are like "nah, not my kid." Yes, yes, your kid. And all the other kids too.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Seminal Flu posted:

I must not have been clear. Of course a child that age is going to lie, I agree... That's typical development. The problem I had was the child's FATHER assuming his snowflake could do no wrong and his lack of responsibility-taking. Or maybe we were saying the same thing. :shrug:

Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

This is probably our #1 priority with our son. Do not loving lie to us or the punishment is going to be ten times worse than if you just fess up. We stress to him that we need to be able to trust him if wants to do things now and in the future, and lying is not going to help him if he wants to have any kind of freedoms.

He's been doing well so far knock on wood, I'm just hoping once he's a teenager he stays relatively honest or it's gonna be a constant battle of the wills.

If it's in highlights it must be true and good advice. https://www.highlights.com/parents/articles/four-truths-about-lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Darchangel posted:

...seriously? They're going to let a personal vendetta from this guy be the deciding factor? I mean, I guess it would be awkward, but, man, that's unprofessional.

This is entirely consistent with my experience of how the world works.

Maksimus54 posted:

Honestly probably a hell of a lot easier with a 5 month old than a toddler. At least they can't run around the cabin yet...

Give the kid baby advil an hour before takeoff and an hour before landing. Give food or a bottle during takeoff and landing.

• Locked thread