Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Buy 350 SBC, take it apart after not being able to move the crank despite it being advertised as moving free.

Cylinder 3 is rusted into the bore April Fools!

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

To drink or to loosen the piston?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Continuing the Pet Toll

Last month I lost my Bulldog which was very hard as she was so young. The wife and I work with a number of rescue organisations because that is how we make ourselves feel good while consuming more than our fair share and not having kids to be selfish. Someone we know through that work reached out about a bulldog they took in as a stray who needed someone who knows how to care for them as they are terrible mutants. Now being unimaginative and how he is coming from Texas the wife has named him Tex

Hug your dogs.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Formula E is literally the worst loving racing I have had the displeasure of watching in a very, very long time - There's not enough alcohol or drugs to make that poo poo in any way enjoyable.

Make the cars solar powered and allow full contact, I would watch slow motion sun stock car racings.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Pistonheads is that way.

Pistonheads is a bunch of London Lawyers and Stockbrokers lording it over those who do not have a car worth 6 figures.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Poe's Law basically. I'm too used to seeing this nonsense on Pistonheads, where people genuinely do believe the simplistic "anything on finance means you can't afford it".

Last time I will reply about Pistonheads but when they banned tit monday it all went south.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Pay negotiations are one of those things people are terrified of just like most money things. I was offered 4% this year and countered with 13% and they gave it to me. Just have to know how much you are worth because your boss probably doesn't want you to walk over an extra few grand.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I had to stop weights once I did my ACL squatting 400lbs. That was the end of all that.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

The best GW game is not even under their control anymore so :colbert:

I am of course talking about Blood Bowl. I never forgave GW for killing Gorkamorka off so soon.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Blood Bowl is very much still GW. it was the first of the boxed games to get a refresh, actually, and they're still rolling out teams for it.

Weird so that whole thing with the rights being signed over to some outside group was cancelled?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Paul Verhoeven specifically said he basically wanted to take the piss out of fascists with the movie.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

New Zealand is a great place to visit. However I have known a few people, including the wife, who lived there for a time and they mostly say it feels very isolated because... well it is. The second complaint is that your shopping options tend to be limited by what turned up on the ship that week but I think that is an exaggeration in my experience. Just have to like lamb, you should like lamb it is good.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I swear man your life is like a super dystopian version of Friends or some other sit com.

Meant as sympathy of course.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

I'm possibly looking at a few used Civic SIs and Focus STs. I'm afraid of buying a car that has been modded and then had the mods removed. What should I be looking for specifically?

Check the condition of the wiring, anything stripped back and taped, extra wires that are not connect to anything. Look at the exposed metal parts in the engine bay and see if the corrosion is uniform. See if it has anything left on like "performance" brake pads (the backing will be painted a dumb colour) or uprated suspension rubber parts that make no sense to remove. Finally are there any holes in the trim or things that look like they have been removed and put back badly.

Those are the things I noticed most when looking at cars that have been put back to stock before being sold. Pretty common in Japan so I always had the inspector report on those things.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

spog posted:

E: Can;t see gently caress all else there that isn;t more expensive than Amazon, even at clearance prices.

Which is the main reason they are going out of business.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

InitialDave posted:

When i told an American friend how much I make as a qualified, experienced engineer in the UK, her face was pretty much :staredog:.

In the UK I would probably make 2/3 of what I make in the greater Boston area doing software engineering work. Then my family ask why I bought a house here and said I am not planning to go back to the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I go to work and gently caress around with computers all day. I want to go home and not have to gently caress around with phones and tablets so I just keep my old iPhone that had had a new battery put in after 2 years because it just keeps going.

• Locked thread