Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BraveUlysses posted:

happy friday everyone, have a listen to one of the best mashups you'll ever hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Upzye9Ctw

Ha, that works too well.

My favourite mash up artists are The Hood Internet, they're loving experts at this poo poo and have been doing it since forever. Below is 40 years of rap/hip hop in one cohesive 4 minute track. Insane amount of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNx_3hNhCho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

nm posted:

Man, my local video store finally closed. I'd been going there for decades (well, except the 10 year gap when i didn't live here), though a lot less in recent years. Owned by an older couple who liked movies and apparently were just funding it out of pocket the last few years.
In the era of amazon and netflix, I understand exactly why it closed (which is why I didn't go there), but I'll miss browsing when I had nothing better to do. They had a pretty amazing selection too.
I'm impressed they lasted this long, but it sounds like they just liked owning a video store and had money from elsewhere.

This one makes me sad now:

We still have a place here, it's about 10 minutes walk from my house. It's basically floor to ceiling films, they rent games out still too. I should really visit more often.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Watching poo poo like Robocop at 8 was a trip, the execution scene at the start where Murphy's hand gets blown off has stuck with me foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (though it didn't scar me, I'm just amazed to this day it was allowed in a movie, poo poo was hyper violent).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ferremit posted:

Even In my late 20’s Event Horizon would give me hosed up dreams and poo poo sleep for about a week. Something bout that movie creeps the gently caress out of me

"...is that guy eating his own loving arm?!"

and other assorted pits of insanity you see extremely briefly in that video clip.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I love Speed Racer because it's so unashamed of what it is. A lot of films straddle this awkward line of serious and playful but Speed Racer knows what it is and just runs with it. The only time it's even vaguely realistic is the incredible part where Royalton explains stock market manipulation via fixing races. In a kid's movie. ...but then Speed Racer was born to race, it's his destiny, his loving name is SPEED RACER he can't lose. And yet the end of the movie gets my hyped every time.

It's superb.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Never watched FMJ.

Dude. Rectify this mistake immediately. Full Metal Jacket is such a superb film.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Wrong. That movie is amazing once they go to war. It makes it hit home so much more.

Yeah the PT stuff sets the tone then they get shipped out and it hits home how bleak the whole affair is.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

It was a movie that was adored by the same people in the military that I loathed. Protein-powder-chugging brickheads that idolized the hazing scenes and made fun of Pyle for"being a pussy," so I went out of my way to never watch it.

I feel like those people didn't actually understand the movie past the first half. It's definitely worth watching despite how you feel about those dickheads.

*edit: what Spog said ^^

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If doing your own taxes is freedom then shackle me the gently caress up because I don't want that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

slothrop posted:

Today was much better, I took a deep breath, set up my turntable...

Music makes everything better imo. I could live without an awful lot of things in life but music isn't one of them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Hlel yes son

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Smoking is gross.

Imagine waking up, having a shower, brushing your teeth, putting nice clean clothes on, strutting outside into the fresh air on a beautiful morning and then lighting up.

At least vapes don't make you smell like an old pub ashtray.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

spog posted:

We all have odd sex dreams.

:lol:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Until you realize that noise was the sound of it shearing.

Me last week getting the coil pack off a 2JZ.

...luckily it's the front coil which sits under a pointless plastic cover which is now no longer pointless as it's been packed to hold the coil pack firmly. I'll extract it at some point, more important things to do right now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

Two owners later: "Why the gently caress is there all this foam around the coil pack?"

Ha, the engine is eventually getting transplanted into my Supra so I don't get to be the previous owner :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I'm not a phone whiz nor do I care to be. If I can have a thing that works with only the odd reset, I'm happy. Having hosed around with android in the past on a tablet, I've no interest in doing that on a device I need to work 99% of the time.

ios ain't bad and I say this as someone forced by work to use it.

*edit: itunes however is still hot garbage.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tide posted:

Binge watching Breaking Bad.

I have an insane desire to know what Los Pollos Hermanos fried chicken tastes like.

Is it nearly lunch time by any chance?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

MCU movies are better than all other comic movies and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Not exactly a high bar...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

I will forever defend Tank Girl.

It is lovely in so many ways, over the top and almost nothing like the comics, but it is such an -entertaining- mess.

I too am a devout worshipper at the church of Tank Girl. It's just a gloriously stupid mess and knows how stupid it is.

"...ugh, fabulous. I have died and gone to hardbody heaven."

And the soundtrack? Perfect.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rogue One's worst problem was making the robot the most likeable character in the film by far. He was the only character I gave even half a poo poo about. It also suffered from it being a totally pointless movie. Why do people need to know every single little detail of things? It's like the recent Alien movies, poo poo is better when it's mysterious. The current trajectory of aliens is basically "oh a robot did it" and Ridley Scott's fetish for gay robots is weird as all hell.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Ain't gonna be no crumpets and tea.

BRUSH YOUR TEETH!

(I love that Ice T was in this. How in the gently caress??)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

How did I forget about Iggy Pop playing a loving paedo??

"...the clapper, that's what you get for being a perv!"

And McDowell is superb in everything, chews the scenery a bit in this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Well he's not wrong is he? I love that he's in the movie, it's just an extra level of madness seeing Ice T of all people playing a mean kangaroo man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Automotive Insanity > Tank Girl is v.underrated - The May 2018 Chat Thread

:v:

*edit: I own no pets so here's a cat in a Mini.

• Locked thread