Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Supposed to get around 4" of snow overnight.

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

RIP brave saturd

STR I hope you are able to wring out that garbage company's insurance.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I know its not a good idea to share the video at this time, but drat I'd love to see it.

gently caress that bullshit company and their dangerous drivers.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

InitialDave posted:

I'd suggest a Saab 9-5 Aero estate with a manual gearbox for family duty, while keeping the Panda for lone commuting.

Arc is nice too: More power than linear but with better fuel economy and some comfy upgrades vs Aero.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

He had another small breakdown and went scorched earth on facebook. Haven't heard from him since.

The internet is serious business

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Dude had actual brain trauma some years back. He was always abrasive but after his accident he had a hair trigger.

Gotcha. I didn't start spending much time in AI until after he wasn't around very much a couple years ago.

I can hardly imagine the frustration of brain damage.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

spog posted:

Britgoons:

I am sure you are all familiar with EuroCarParts https://www.eurocarparts.com/ and their bizarre pricing strategy of high prices on the website with discount codes on the same website.

Well, I found this oddly-similar site https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/ with a smaller range of the same products at cheaper prices, even with the ECP discount codes applied.

I ordered from both and they are the same company: same products, same DHL shipping, same packaging, everything

High price/Heavy promos is a strategy that actually works pretty well for a while but once people catch on or your margins become too high for the promos to work it kind of falls apart. A lot of people love to feel like they're getting a deal even if they really aren't.

It seems like that company wants to have their cake and eat it too or something by doing both :shrug:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

spog posted:

That's my thought, too.

Seems odd, because anyone who is willing to order stuff online is usually savvy enough to check the prices on the usual places before making a decision and brake pads aren't an impulse buy, so you have time to search

e.g.

You might be surprised at how often it works. Limited time frame 20% off hits ya right in the psychology.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

Or its just a good looking color combo. Also, bronze wheels own in general. Granted, I say this as a person with a dark grey car. Bronze is basically my only non-black non-boring option.

These are great looking.

I'm a big fan of these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Sometimes I think I have IBS but then I remember all the beer I drink and all the spicy food I eat.

This is 100% my life.

• Locked thread