Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LloydDobler posted:

Hah april fools on me, I thought I'd finally find out what this tax cut BS was all about.

Now I'm pretty sure my company didn't do my withholding like I asked because I owe loving $2500 federal which usually means another $1000 to the state.

new lovely tax law doesn't go into effect until you do your taxes next year. sorry you might have to pay more because we had to give tax breaks to "job creators"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dumb but its definitely ai as gently caress

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/30/glenwood-canyon-high-speed-chase/

Mustang driver hits 150 mph outside Glenwood Springs, troopers give up chase :cumpolice:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

Can't remember my password to login on regular site.

Recaptcha place that lowtax uses changed their links in 3/31 and S.A. still hasn't updated.

Oh, these dead gay forums.

this is a good reminder to get a password manager

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
ugh put a wig or a hat on that mandel-head of yours

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dawwwwww

how about :

muffler
burnout bernout :bernin:
wheelie

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Beverly Cleavage posted:

My grill died. Several brackets for the "heat tents" (covers the burners) rusted and broke off. With a decent tax return coming back, I've begun searching for a replacement that isn't piece of poo poo after 5 years.

What's a good, medium sized replacement? Hopefully with the drat "heat tent" things either not supported by brackets that will rust/fall off or made of stainless? I think 3 burners is sufficient.

Propane and propane related accessories only please. Don't want to break the bank, but this thing lives out doors, so must withstand the elements (Vermont...so cold/snowy/wet winters). I'm hesitant just to pay for a name because it's the most prevalent, but if there's a good case to be made, I'm open to it.

used big green egg :getin:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fermented Tinal posted:

New star wars makes more sense when you realize that Kylo Ren is every die-hard star wars fanboy ever.

lol, ok this just improved my perception of it a lot

one of the engineers i work with...i just can't pin it down exactly why but every single time he talks to me I wish I was having a stroke...holy loving poo poo give me a stroke right now so this conversation ends

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
back up a copy of that video to a few copies of physical media and get it stored in a safe deposit box

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
happy friday everyone, have a listen to one of the best mashups you'll ever hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Upzye9Ctw

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Ha, that works too well.

My favourite mash up artists are The Hood Internet, they're loving experts at this poo poo and have been doing it since forever. Below is 40 years of rap/hip hop in one cohesive 4 minute track. Insane amount of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNx_3hNhCho

yesssss im a big fan of their mixes and this one is really on another level entirely

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

AvE has gone completely off the deep end these past two months or so.

as soon as i saw the thumbnail of the video he did about the collapsing pedestrian bridge i knew things were going poorly

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Kimchi on grilled cheese is soooooooooooo good

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Larrymer posted:

Anybody have podcast recommendations? I think somebody did an effort post (MGS maybe?) on this sometime back. I've just started listening to them so I haven't listened to much. So far I like the ESPN 30 for 30s, and Serial. I couldn't get into Lore despite being a nerd. Same for a video game podcast I tried.

i like Last Podcast on the Left for my fix of comedy while they cover serial killers and cults

kexp for music

politics:
chapo, citations needed, intercepted

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slidebite posted:

https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
Download Blueprint For Armageddon parts I-VI

You'll have probably drat near 20 hours of material to listen to for that alone, and Dan Carlins way of speaking is amazing. Very few people speak in a way where I can picture in my minds eye EXACTLY what the speaker is describing, and he's one of them.

if you think dan carlin's normal stuff is good prepare to die laughing

:nws: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834414 :nws:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My podcast list (adding on what has already been posted):

Heavyweight
Freakonmics
Dirty John (since you liked Serial)
Revisionist History
Sword and Scale (my favorite True Crime podcast)

i liked sword and scale until i started learning about the guy who does it and was instantly turned off forever

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Well I am going to go ahead and blissfully ignore him as a person and just listen to him tell stories.

I can tell a bit of ego comes through the longer and more successful the podcast has gotten but his stuff is so far above others as far as the story telling goes that I will look over that.

He has been banned from the subReddit about his own show like 3-4 times :aaaaa:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Larrymer posted:

All states are bad, some are worse.

Civil war chat :bahgawd:

:getin: for some civil war chat

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/586153536037244929

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Well. My interview was not great.

https://youtu.be/2q6rndPvFcI

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seminal Flu posted:

gently caress the steaming pile of cancer that is YouTube targeted to kids.

I've got a traumatized 8 year old, because my dumbfuck brother-in-law and his wife don't pay any attention to what their kids watch.

We were at a family gathering on Saturday and my 8 year old girl ran off to play with their 10 year old girl. Just like they always do. Except, after that, she's been inconsolable with her crying about this scary video the 10 year old showed her.

What did she describe? The exact scene of 4:30-ish here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tjd8no-9Eo

Holy gently caress. That whole douche bag's channel is a steaming pile of cancer. And that video should NEVER be seen by anyone, much less a 10 year old.

I've got my kids on a pretty solid supervisory system. They know I watch what they watch and I search their history. They have NEVER strayed... it's just not in them right now. But now I'm uber-pissed off about this, because I don't even know how to deal with an absolutely innocent 8 year old having seen that poo poo, explaining it to her that it's meant to scare adults, and it's only makeup and scary camera shots, and then have her say "I know that in my brain, but my eyes keep seeing it" as she sobs.

gently caress people.

the scene at 4:30 isnt nearly as bad as the one after it

the whole genre of 'reaction' videos is entirely traaaasshhh

i think your kid will be ok soon but i did see poltergeist at a pretty young age and it scared the poo poo out of me for a long while

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I just got offered a job! A real person adult job!

Congrats at making adulthood at 40!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
paid my taxes last night, there goes another 2k :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

cakesmith handyman posted:

So glad we mostly get our taxes done automatically. Worst case we overpay and get it back automatically.

lol you could only wish you knew freedom like we do :911:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If doing your own taxes is freedom then shackle me the gently caress up because I don't want that.

ahem freedom to pay intuit or h&r block yearly, after they successfully lobbied to block all efforts to automate personal income tax processing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ferremit posted:

I watched a coworker with a milwaukee rattle gun and a grade 8.8 bolt lock his locker with that, got it as tight as he could, then put a 1 size too big socket on the bolt and spun the gun until the nut and bolt head were round when he gave notice.

They ended up replacing the locker handles!

lol this owns so hard

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Is it me or did BB get the seasons out way faster? Seems like they are filming BCS at a snails pace, it started years ago and is only on the 3rd season.

bb was putting out a season per year until they did the split season for the last season, bcs was doing a season per year but season 4 is already late and wont be out till later this year.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
"Spring Black Friday" isn't a loving real thing Lowes, gently caress off forever and ever

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geoj posted:

Job chat: previous employer is dicking me out of the balance of my PTO, claiming that I was terminated and did not in fact resign (policy is balance of PTO is paid if two weeks notice is given.) Not going to fight it - not worth the effort and they clearly need it more than I do.

On the upside new employer confirmed I can start Monday, so I'm not going to have to roll into the first full week of May on fumes.

report them to the labor board

it's always worth it to fight, you earned it and it's theft to take it from you.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fight it, if not for you for the next guy they screw over. I'm guessing you aren't they first and won't be the last they pull this poo poo on.

Larrymer posted:

Yep, absolutely don't let those fuckers get away with it.

never forget: wage theft exceeds value of property taken in robberies in this country. can you guess which problem gets almost all the press?

https://www.epi.org/publication/emp...mies/#epi-toc-1

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The real trick to buying less at Costco is to forego the cart and only buy what you can carry

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
not all curries are spicy :shrug:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i literally cant believe people still get excited about these ridiculous marvel movies (except BP)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Good job 'mo

How long till you go back for your Master's? :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geoj posted:

If they did that they wouldn't be able to license their IP rights to the lightning standard.

Which I'll maintain is also the reason they did away with the headphone jack on the most recent generation of iThings - it had nothing to do with making the device slimmer or doing away with "antiquated technology", it's all about getting licensing fees from companies that make accessories like credit card readers who now have no choice but to use Apple's proprietary connection.

*squints*

are you implying credit card readers for phones would use the audio jack instead?

IDK why people complain about the single jack, new devices come with an adapter, apple gets no extra money from it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
huh well i'll be damned

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tide posted:

Binge watching Breaking Bad.

I have an insane desire to know what Los Pollos Hermanos fried chicken tastes like.

probably a safe bet it's not as good as CFA

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
thank god, i've finally found a vanpool to work that fits my time schedule so i'll be going from a tank a week to maybe 2 a month

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

My brother's sick. It might be pretty serious.

I'm having a very hard time putting my aside anger at him for what he pulled the day before my wedding. I'm not enjoying how this is making me feel. But if it turns out he just has an STD from banging a hooker I'm going to be even angrier at him.

W...w...w.... why is this the reason you are thinking he is sick

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Why on earth would you be watching movies when you could be playing PUBG, is my question
https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousTenaciousPotatoPraiseIt

lmao at anyone playing TPP in 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i got into a vanpool for work and its the absolute best thing ever, my employer will pay 60% of the monthly fees and i drive for 8-10 mins to a park and ride and get dropped off right at the factory door 20 minutes later, no more walking a mile to/from the parking lot.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

The why the hell did you buy it?

Third person has some advantages with respect to peripheral vision. It's easy enough to switch back and forth, though.

oh yeah i'm well aware of that but between the hackers who almost always seem to prefer TPP and the unfair advantage that gives to campers, it's definitely the worst way to play PUBG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
may thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855682

• Locked thread