Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Moving two cats, already scared from letting a Roomba loose on their home, a 120 miles isn't fun.

One ("monkey") was crated and meowed for a half hour straight, other ("shadow") meowed for 15 minutes then pooped in the little box we had for him to lay in. We promptly pulled over and dumped the poop and 5 minutes later he peed. loving cat.

On the plus side... The heavy duty floor liners came in handy! When we let monkey loose all she did was curl up in said crate. Both got baths when we got home, which of course neither one liked.

Easter was a long day, and there wasn't even chocolate for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Darchangel posted:

I knew Ready Player One was aiming to mine my nostalgia, and I was OK with that. I am absolutely square in the target demographic age group for what they were dishing out. I loved it. Story was nothing world shaking, but it was gorgeous, and I had a ball noting all the references. Still missed a pile, like where the outfit Parcival was wearing in the nightclub scene came from, though I think that was mainly because I had to go pee when they apparently did the costume change scene.
I was gratified to note not only the Delorean, Akira's bike, and Bigfoot in the initial race, but also the '66 Batmobile, and the Mad Max Interceptor. I missed that there was also Christine, the A-Team van, and a variation on the Mach 5 in there as well. Also, the Delorean has a KITT scanner on the front.
SO MANY movie and video game characters, weapons, and vehicles in the climactic battle. Others just wandering around in the lobby areas of the world.
I won't lie - I want to live in Oasis. They are absolutely correct in how it will go down if such a thing ever actually exists.
The hosed up thing is that, logically, he should have hit the big red button and shut it all down, to force people to address problems in the real world.
I will, in all likelihood, buy a Blu-Ray of this.
I saw RP1 on Saturday and also quite liked it. I know a lot of the references I missed, being a smidge too young for it, but loved the ones I did get.

Also they shut it down Tuesday and Thursday specifically do people could enjoy the real world a bit.

Also I like how they changed the challenges from the books. The new ones made sense and saved a lot of tedium time wasting that existed in the books that would not have translated well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Oh, I know, but a YT vid made the case he really should have done it the other way, and logically, was not wrong.
Yes, let's fight like maniacs to save the super powerful virtual world system just to irreversibly turn it off. Brilliant plan!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Only thing swole about me is my belly.
I lost 50 pounds in 2016, got a GF and regained 50 pounds in 2017, and have been stable right back where I loving started. You're doing fine.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I rode my motorcycle over Donner pass the day of the Superbowl. Send some of that snow West, please.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Larrymer posted:

Civil war chat :bahgawd:
I'm staying out of it, at least.

Though to be fair, 30% of CA, meaning nearly all the Californians with guns, would fight on the side of TX.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

MomJeans420 posted:

Without getting into politics, does anyone know if the previous CAFE mileage standard of 54.5mpg by 2025 was considered attainable by auto manufacturers? I know it's not a real world 54.5mpg avg, but I've heard conflicting reports of one the hand the manufacturers were beating the increases needed every year, while on the other people have said the incremental increases weren't going to be sustainable.
It's doable if half of new car buyers buy hybrids and half of the rest go electric.
So theoretically yes, but lol at it actually happening. There's just too much demand for trucks and SUVs. Tiny shitboxes have no demand and no margin.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

So in Bizarro America where either of those things fit the use profile and available infrastructure for the two thirds of the country that isn't dense urban hellholles.
My brain isn't parsing that. What?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Siochain posted:

Ayup. Give me a cheap 4-cyl pickup that's peppy at low speeds, good on gas, and that I can haul a load of lumber/tow a small trailer comfortably with, and I'm happy. I mean, I love my Tundra, but jesus gently caress that V8 sucks gas faster than gun chat sucks the fun out of AI (jokes, jokes). I miss my old Tacoma - it was at least a bit better on gas.
So get a new Tacoma? Or the upcoming ranger has the 2.3EB in it. Should be fun and decent on gas.

The one thing I'd love to see on my F150 is a turbo lockout button. Because when they spool, and they spool pretty easily/often, the mileage goes out the tailpipe.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I just got offered a job! A real person adult job!
Awesome! Deets?

STR could learn from you.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

Working with your SO can be a little rough, depending on your personalities. Especially if the power dynamic is disrupted. My fiance and I have been working together for about a year and if we both weren't so easy going, it would have been rather trying on our relationship

Be prepared to take poo poo for each other's mistakes, day 1
Sounds like he's working for the friend's company, not the wife's.

Good poo poo, Rhyno. Congrats.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Powershift posted:

I've never really given charging ports a second though, always had batteries fail long before anything else, and with the subsidies they used to give on phones, it used to be cheaper to get a new phone than replace the battery.

Now they require you to be over $105 a month to get the subsidy and aww hell naw

You start at $105 and they bill creep your rear end up to $150
My bill is $85 and includes payments on the phone. Wtf are you guys getting to have stupidly high bills?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Geoj posted:

Unlimited data plus payment and insurance on the latest and greatest flagship.
I have 5gb of data on Verizon and a pixel 2 XL. Y'all are still bad at this.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

i literally cant believe people still get excited about these ridiculous marvel movies (except BP)
I cared more when it was 1-2 a year instead of 1-2 a month. I've missedskipped most of the recent ones.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

If you could put the disc into a brand new component built PC and have it activate, the charge is valid. If it required being installed on an oem/bios-keyed Mobo the charge is bullshit, and the article doesn't make it clear which it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The NFL draft is tonight and nobody gives half a gently caress because NFL
Fixeded.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Probably getting an 80d for the mrs. birthday/Mother’s Day gift. I don’t think we’re quite ready for full frame yet. Still, excited for the upgrade from a t5i.
If you're good with lightly used PM me. I never use mine.

• Locked thread