Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

spog posted:

You'll pry my hot glue-gun from my cold, dead, hot-glued hands

Can I just say I love what you do here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Currently in the middle of remodeling my wife's old house so we can put it up for sale. Bought two porch lights from Amazon, one was a warehouse deal. Went to install today, and the damaged box light was fine while the new one was completely inop. Sigh.

I spent most of the day in the tiny AF attic with my face in dusty blown cellulose insulation, trying to figure out the flying splice spaghetti mess of wiring that her ex-husband made when they "remodeled" years ago. I also found where he "repaired" a copper line in the wall with rubber hose and hose clamps.

:suicide:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Comedians in Cars is a fine show to wake up with.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

At this trailer/camper park I go in for work sometimes, there is a white manual E46 sedan that has been parked in the same spot while multiple tenants have moved through. It has quite the covering of mold and mildew.

It's crossed my mind that it would make quite the lemons racer... With all or most of the "graphics" etched into the patina of mildew. Has that been done already? Seems like low hanging fruit now that I think about it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If you're definitely not gonna use the furnace, turn off it's gas supply. No sense in testing what may be a 24yo control valve if the unit isn't in use.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

We're looking at different things. From what I've seen, there's a crimpless/clampless fitting type that expands the tubing and it re-shrinks over a barb. Seems to be the best way to PEX.

There are manual PEX expander tools, but they are difficult to use, and comparable in price to the crimp type that use copper rings. The crimp tools are proven and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that style fitting. If a crimp fails, the tool was out of adjustment. There's a reason the tool comes with an OK/NOT OK crimp ring gauge.

Battery powered PEX expanders are priced right out of range for a non-pro.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Always be nice and polite to people who are being drunken assholes in the bar you work at 10 years in the past. Because you never know when the dude who slapped a waitress and has to be tazed out on the sidewalk will end up being the head of the service department where you think you're going to start working and vetoes your hiring with a smile on his face.

That should tell you all you need to know about apartment maintenance personnel.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I ordered two LED porch lights, one was an Amazon warehouse deal. The warehouse light worked perfectly and the "new" one was DOA. :downs:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Not Amazon, but I ordered 4 LED replacements for 2 of my 4' fluorescent fixtures in the garage. I didn't notice on the website that they were glass (...why?)
Not that big of a problem, unless you don't know how to pack 4' long glass tubes to survive FedEx Ground, which they didn't. 3 of the 4 were broken, one so badly the glass severed the LED strip inside. To their credit, the company is replacing them, and so far no noises about sending back the broken ones (I sent them pictures), so maybe I'll get some usable 4' long 120V LED strips out if as well. Tubes were only $6 each, plus $11 shipping.

I did power up one of the broken ones, and they appear bright enough. Match my existing T8s, at least.
Don't think I'll buy those again, though. Glass tubes are stupid if you don't *have* to have them.

With plastic housing LED tube retrofits, you have issues sometimes where the tube sags slightly over time and the terminal loses good contact.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

trouser chili posted:

I got a mouthful of gasoline today. Can't touch cards and had no cash to fill lawnmower, so I siphoned the generator. What's the best way to wash gasoline out of your mouth? I chose bourbon.

Bourbon is probably the best.

But if you need to siphon from an open container in the future... Just shove a bunch of line down in the tank, pinch or plug end other end with your thumb, then snatch it up quickly and release your pinch with the hose end over the second container. May take a couple tries to get going, but is much better than a mouthful of gasoline.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I mark the door of my hotel room with the blood of a slaughtered lamb, and that usually keeps the staff out.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Started with the master bath, cause I had to poo poo.

You don't say...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

That's not the part of my post that your original post is in response to. Also TLJ is not very good. It's okay if anything. A few decent ideas on a small island in a lake of poo poo. TFA is a joke. It's bad on so many levels. Daisey Ridley is a very bad actress.

I agree with all your takes. Also they should have killed off Leia in TFA.

• Locked thread