Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So I guess this is the April chat thread now...

In light of Lowtax' latest medical/financial challenges, I have purchased a few platinum upgrades. If you are an AI regular non-poo poo poster who could use that upgrade, e-mail me at alphageek.dk@gmail.com and post in this thread that you have done so and I'll hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Seminal Flu posted:

:lol: like such a thing exists.

That's why I figured that "a few" would be more than plenty. :D

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
No takers yet, so repeating my offer from upthread:

bolind posted:

So I guess this is the April chat thread now...

In light of Lowtax' latest medical/financial challenges, I have purchased a few platinum upgrades. If you are an AI regular non-poo poo poster who could use that upgrade, e-mail me at alphageek.dk@gmail.com and post in this thread that you have done so and I'll hook you up.

Also jus discovered that the oven in our new condo will go too 300C and beyond... hellooooo pizza! :getin:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean, I don't know if I'm a shitposter or not so I just assumed I was :v: if not I'd do one.

E-mail me and I'll sort you out.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Poor Saturd, getting creamed again and again.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My late grandpa was King of Box Hoarders. At one point, cleaning out the shed, about five years after he died, I threw out an entire trailer worth of old product boxes. Yes, that reel-to-reel tape recorder box sure was worth saving for three decades. At least the squirrel thought it was a good nut cache.

That side of the family is actually a bit of a bunch of closet hoarders, and I have it myself as well. I need to force myself to throw stuff out. It's so dumb.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
TT that's a great quote. There's also an excellent negotiation thread in BFC (disclaimer, I helped write the OP.)

TLDR: Good people are hard to find and even harder to retain.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

nm posted:

This one makes me sad now:

Sad that it's closing, but that's an awesome banner for the situation!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
LloydDobler, that sucks. Hope you can pull through man.

Just finished the kiddo's baptism. Holy gently caress that was a relief to have that sorted. Now just to survive the next three weeks with four inlaws in the house. Who have trouble with comprehending concepts such as induction cooking, seat belts, daycare and hot/cold water.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
^^^^^hahhaha that's pretty awesome, in a terribad kinda way.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hallelujah! Inlaws leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn for Austria and I have 55 hours of GLORIOUS solitude.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Seminal Flu posted:

(iris scanning is def. cool)

It's a pretty rad biometric modality in fact, much more so than face recognition IMO.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

spog posted:

Have you realised how much poop and how many old men's willies you will have to deal with?

Hello spog

I notice you don't have platinum. If you would like an upgrade, give me an email to send to and I'll sort you out (bought a few to help out Lowtax' broken neck.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
When I'm done fixing computers and explaining poo poo all day, I'm happy to come home to an Apple ecosystem that Just Works*. Yes, it's expensive and a lock in. Dontgiveafuck.

*) The latest iMessages has me seriously considering switching over though. I have several contacts where messages just appear slightly out of order. How hard can it be, Apple?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Dave’s Insanity Sauce made it to the sales aisle of my local supermarket. I remember reading about it here. Worth a try?

Got the Hurtin’ Habanero or some such and that’s pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress yeah! Congrats on your impending financial and social deroute

• Locked thread