Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Enourmo posted:

thread of the year, goldmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I scrapped the locus of my automotive hate. It was liberating.

I hope it screamed as it got crushed.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

cursedshitbox posted:

I put my last two Rovers and some asshats' new Infiniti in the ground, still wasn't enough.

Some people come broken from factory.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

Easter and April Fool's Day should always be the same day.

I am dreading it. I have to drive for two hours to dinner this year and it was snowing this morning.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Pursuits can be really dangerous and it's not uncommon for police to back off.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

NumbersMatching320 posted:

ALL THE loving WAY, AND THEN KEEP GOING

I'm the Crown Royal bag shifter boot.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

<AHEM>

<AHEM AHEM AHEM>

I never even saw your post.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Morris

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

All I'm hearing is that somebody doesn't believe in our lord and savior, Titebond.

There is only Elmer's and Probond is his messenger.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
New star wars makes more sense when you realize that Kylo Ren is every die-hard star wars fanboy ever.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Like, TLJ completely confirmed it when Mark Hammil shrugged off all of their hopes and dreams. That moment Kylo screamed it was as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

I laughed in the theatre. I am enjoying the new movies and I don't give a gently caress if they are just rehashes and side stories that are outside the EU. They're certainly better than the prequels.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
TLJ was a great homage to Empire, the best movie, and it was also a huge middle finger to the worst of us.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

Yes, let's fight like maniacs to save the super powerful virtual world system just to irreversibly turn it off. Brilliant plan!

Like you could stare at that button and say no.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You are completely allowed to have that opinion.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I think you forgot to add that more importantly, you did Toblerone wrong.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
They'll snap three more and claim it came in like that.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

bolind posted:

My late grandpa was King of Box Hoarders. At one point, cleaning out the shed, about five years after he died, I threw out an entire trailer worth of old product boxes. Yes, that reel-to-reel tape recorder box sure was worth saving for three decades. At least the squirrel thought it was a good nut cache.

That side of the family is actually a bit of a bunch of closet hoarders, and I have it myself as well. I need to force myself to throw stuff out. It's so dumb.

I'm not a hoarder, I'm just incredibly lazy.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I just cashed out slightly less than one buttchoin for $8365. It was worth $34 when I got it.

$1840.30 in capital gains, hooray.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Last time I rented a car I booked a mid-size coupe and ended up with a crewcab colorado.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sweet, hope you get it dude.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Turns out most of the time all you need is a pulse and more than two braincells.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Versa's valves are tappin something fierce so I got it in my head that I'd take it to the local Nissan dealership to get them adjusted. Neither service rep even remotely came close to understanding what I wanted, one thinks it's related to an oil change, and the other says they've never heard of what I'm talking about. :cripes:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Their price board behind the service counter has Valvetrain Service: $2## or whatever posted RIGHT THERE on it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, there is always option B: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-Nissan-Sentra-Engine-2-0L-MR20-MR20DE/183164007407?hash=item2aa56cf3ef:g:HV0AAOSwDn5Z3ml7&vxp=mtr

It's the same block and the ECU doesn't need to be changed...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Yanno what is great about this Friday?

I'm not working tonight. :smugdog:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

I ain't liftin' heavy poo poo and also Rollins lived a pretty hard life did he not? I'm just a formerly fat nerd who wants to tone up.

Treadmill.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I literally have never heard of TCL TVs until now.
Is this real life? A4K 55” TV for $399!?

Too bad that's not true in Canada, TCL isn't even a brand here apparently. Cheapest 55" 4K smart tv I can find is this: http://www.poweredupav.com/partner/site/p/55UJ6200

That's about $550 USD.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

It was a half pound of Reypenaer

Challenge accepted.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I put eggs into pot, fill pot with cold water, set it on stove and wait until the water is boiling. Boil for 9 minutes, shock them in cold water. Never get grey on my yolks.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

KakerMix posted:

Tomorrow is bushing replacement day :toot:

Ahahahahahaha, if you think replacing leaf spring bushings on a Toyota is a one day event...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Ferremit posted:

The only way its a one day event is if you rip the entire loving mess off and replace it with brand new leafs, polyurethane bushings and brand new greasable shackles.

Coincidently, its also the only way to make a leaf sprung toyota ride even remotely close to comfortably.

This. ^^^^^

Seriously, KakerMix, you're going to potentially fight like hell to get the nut off the first bolt and then that's when the problems begin.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

KakerMix posted:

Guess what I just finished up doing :smug: :smug: :smug:

Started at 10 am, it's now 4:30 so let's say 7 hours. Besides the surprise of having to lower the fuel tank (which I just filled up yesterday) to get the rear shackles off everything went as I expected. The thing doesn't have any rust at all so I was only fighting undercoating as I threaded these nuts off for the first time. Absorber bushings are also shot so I figure I'll just replace all four absorbers later.

I had a worse time with changing the Liteace's oil than the leaf bushings in this Cruiser.

drat, usually you have to burn the bushings out. With my Pickup I had to use a sawsall to cut the bolts on both sides of the bushings and ultimately cut the hangers right off the frame.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
TOYOTA
GENUINE
PARTS
:suicide:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

TuRD RACING!!!

I just paid hundreds of dollars for two pieces of plastic. Please help me.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

The Door Frame posted:

Did you buy a Warlord Titan too?

No, I broke a 40 year old grille badge.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Bajaha posted:

I know the feeling very well.

Although at least availability isn't something I have to worry too much about. Are there many NLA parts on yours or is Toyota pretty good about having NOS parts on hand?

It seems to vary wildly by region. Any part that is common across every year seems to be common enough, various year-range specific poo poo gets a little more finicky. I've only ordered a handful of things through a dealership and there are a lot of NOS OEM parts on ebay.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Anyone here have any idea what bulb this is?

The stamping says 12V 2W N.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Looks like either a BA7S or a BA9S.

BA7S, figured it out about 5 minutes after I posted.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The seat bolts right in. The pattern on the upholstery won't match, but it's the same color. If I wanted everything to match, I'd have to swap all of the seats.

But the padding in the 5 way is just... gone. The upholstery isn't torn, but the left bolster looks like a 90 year old man's scrotum - it's just hanging there, for the entire world to see, and the rear end padding is worn heavily.

Can you swap the ion2 seat onto the 5 way's frame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

I think the prevailing theory on that is partially due to the prevalence of high speed highways in the US versus the UK, and possibly the litigious environment in the US.

As far as small pickup availability, a young friend of mine was talking about this. His '80s B2000 got wiped out by an inattentive driver, so he was looking at getting a replacement. His dad was being a dick about him buying a used car, so he was looking for a new Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder single cab 4x4. He was having difficulty finding anything. They all seemed to V6 4-doors, with prices approaching a full-sized Tundra, enough so that you would be stupid to not just step up to a Tundra. A coworker had the same issue with Chevy's Colorado. Sort of a chicken and egg problem. Dealers don't order base model 4-bangers because people don't buy them, but they can't buy them because no one has them. Cheap gas doesn't help.
I definitely don't want to pay $35K for a "small" pickup, not even getting into the fact that the Tacoma and Colorado aren't really that much smaller than their full-sized equivalent.

This is a real shame, I had a similar experience around the time I bought my land cruiser. I wasn't looking for a 40yo project truck, but a 4cyl 5spd manual Regular Cab Tacoma. In 2011 they weren't even offered in Canada and I looked into buying one in the States as they were still offered down there. I tried about a dozen dealerships but couldn't find a single regular cab, or 5spd. If I wanted a 4cyl, had to be auto and access cab or double cab, if I wanted a stick had to be v6 with the failure-prone 6spd and double cab. Someone turned me onto the cruiser as I lamented to them about how hard it was to find the truck I wanted and the rest is history.

• Locked thread