Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just back from doing about 1200 miles in my new cheap Hyundai and, well, I could be biased but it was fantastic? Really if it had a usb and power port in back seat I’m not sure what else I could complain about. Averaged nearly 42mpg. Has plenty of power. Comfortable and plenty of room for me 6’ 2” and tall kids. Trunk swallowed plenty of cargo. Thule rack test run was rock solid. Apple CarPlay is good just good not fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I don't have any form of medical coverage on my car insurance. :sigh: Any medical stuff will have to go through my own medical insurance, or through my lawyer.

Yes, I pulled the stereotypical American thing and called a lawyer. Legally, I'm represented.

Yanno, it's been a few days since I had a helping hand. :wmwink:

Hoping you get a nice settlement because they could have been cool and instead are threatening. Plus this car is your job can't wait to hear what lawyer says. Let him do his thing AND DO NOT TALK TO TRASH PEOPLE AGAIN.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
inspired by box chat i am right now about to go throw away like 20 boxes i've been saving at the shop for ebay purposes. Here is hoping this cleansing will somehow make my life better yay!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
ok threw the boxes away now what

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just Enjoy that new truck while you have it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours cleaning and scrubbing and vacuuming this house and throwing away every rug and I have sat here finally feeling like it is going to be ok and I just found another flea on me guys I am not exaggerating I feel like I am going to have a psychotic breakdown I don’t know what to do the loving vet can’t shave and treat this loving cat til next Wednesday but it’s outside I don’t know what to do please someone tell me

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I know you don’t need apps but I couldn’t be more pleased with my TCL roku tv and you can get a 55 for $350

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have a 49 TCL and I promise it is one of the few things I am 100% satisfied with. I’d buy the 55 but I literally don’t watch tv unless the kids are here, does anyone want to talk about “Spirit Riding Free” on Netflix because I have seen each episode 25 times. But anyways get a TCL

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I literally have never heard of TCL TVs until now.
Is this real life? A4K 55” TV for $399!?

That is overpaying I’ve seen them as low as $329 and I’m not a shill couldnt be happier than with mine. Tvs are toasters now cheap unless you want some weird gimmick it is awesome.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm tempted. I'm with Progressive and any time I've made vehicle changes or policy changes over the past 15 years they've never not once ever asked to see any of the cars. Not. Once.

One time I had hail damage and the Progressive guy claimed hail could not have cracked the windshield it was impossible and wouldn't pay for it. I called and bitched they paid for it. But he did come see the car.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I got a stand-alone “Egg Maker” for like $5 when Sears was going out of business and it is a game changer! Love hard boiled eggs but hate hate hate making and peeling. This makes it a dream if it ever breaks I’d definitely pay full price for another one.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

slidebite posted:

Which egg maker are you talking about that peels/shells the eggs? I don't think I've seen one of those before.

I love me some soft boiled eggs mixed in with toast :3:

AH it doesn’t peel them too but you puncture the eggs and steam them after cooling down it takes like 2 minutes to peel 6/7. Which for me is a feat I just never have them peel easily or I destroy halfway if them when making the traditional way

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

CA has ALL the money and 1/8th the population of the US, though. And money buys drones, and drones supercede your AR-15.

I hope you really don’t believe this. We have all the drones and tanks and missiles in the world and we can’t wipe out ISIS and cave people and all that jazz for a reason.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

And we have a highway system so we can just, like, drive the tanks there instead of shipping them overseas. And also they use a money that only has value because everyone believes it has value, and also that money exists in decentralized computer systems. And also civilians and world image. And also FOOD and bartering systems (and the lack thereof).

If any state tried to leave, or if a war were declared against a rogue state, even Texas, that state would be hosed.

Nobody cares about your guns at home (I say this as a supporter). It's literally irrelevant in the big picture.

In this theoretical Cali vs Texas debate, one has food, water, money, and people. The other has less. Still a lot, but less.

I think you were taking what I said wrong or I misunderstood, I thought this was a one on one cage match CA/TX. But all the best weapons and tech and money doesn’t mean you can crush a resistance AND WHY THE HELL ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hey for Toyota stuff it is worth a phone call to Toyota shops that have been around FOREVER, the only one I know is Fox Toyota in Clinton, TN but they’ve been there 40 years you never know what might be sitting on a shelf.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Well that's loving weird to see the Toyota shop I lived ~10 minutes from mentioned in thread.

Puppy tax, Finn at 5 weeks

In 2001-03 at least they would have parts in stock for my 70’s HiLux

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

QuarkMartial posted:

I'm in one of those super dense places on the map above (Davidson Co, TN), and there's not that many charging stations. There's a few, but they are still pretty uncommon. We considered an electric car, but there's no stations, really, and we take a lot of road trips. Again, population is spread out pretty far and visiting family takes us out of the range of one charge of an electric car - and there's no stations in between despite being on an interstate. There's barely any gas stations, even.

I saw a Spyder with the tags "ITZBITZ". Couldn't snag a picture, but I found it amusing.

I'm in a town to the east with a tiny fraction of the people of Davidson Co. and we have multiple charging stations and a Tesla supercharging setup. It's crazy. I think there are only 3-5 Teslas in town and the Tesla station has at least 10-12 chargers.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Sitting in a hotel lobby and just watched Formula E race for the first time. Even the crashes were boring.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Last weekend was staying in a fairly nice place and at 9am (when it is a 12 pm check out) they used their key and tried to come into the room, that was insane! Won't name them because they refunded my points but man I was out all night and it was one night without kids and I wanted to just crash and sleep late.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was probably a mistake, poo poo like that happens.

believe it or not the manager said they start "checking" the rooms at 9 since it is an airport location, man i was pissed but the manager made it right. he said put the do not disturb sign up and it wouldn't happen, but my thing is I don't like doing that. to me that just advertises that someone is in the room in case something bad was going down.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hey I understand all that but I’ve been in 20+ different hotels the past year and this doesn’t happen, even Disney is taking away do not disturb signs. It is what it I should if I stay at this location again will have the sign out.
I feel no ill will towards hotel they were cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Devyl posted:

In the 3 days I've had my Infiniti in the body-shop, I've gone through just as many rental cars from Hertz. Each one I get has under 30k miles but comes with so many issues I have to keep swapping them out.

Like what?

• Locked thread