Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
I have never actually played through a Paper Mario game. Yeah I know I probably should have. I've only really played Super Mario RPG. Can't emulate it right now even if I was willing to bother with emulating so don't bother telling me to do so. I can't afford any other paper mario game on the VC atm so don't bother telling me to get another Paper Mario game either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
okay. thanks.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
I'm really enjoying this. I'm starting chapter 3. It's been a bit more challenging than I expected. I can't just breeze through it without any strategy whatsoever.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like they used some of the sounds from Ocarina of Time like the bomb fuse/blast and wolf

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017

Pneub posted:

And don't waste them all on HP/FP-Up badges. Equiping one of those badges cost as much exp. as just upgrading the stat twice as much as the bagde would give you.

yeah, fortunately I was aware of this already. I did spend one upgrade on HP though because this is my first playthrough and I thought I might need a little extra HP. I'm feeling pretty light on FP though

edit: wait huh? At this point I get 5 HP/FP and 3BP per level. The HP/FP plus badges cost 3BP and increase those stats by 5 so I'm a little confused about what you're trying to say

Alan 00X fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 3, 2018

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
I seem to be having trouble on bouncing on more than two enemies with the action command with the multibounce technique after getting the boots upgrade and spin jump (aka butt stomp). It's like mario refuses to bounce on a third enemy and just decides to do a spin jump on the second enemy no matter when I press A. I do have the dodge master badge equipped but I don't see why that would lock me out of getting more than two consecutive jumps unless it's a glitch.

edit: NEVERMIND I am dumb, I just hadn't gotten the hang of the timing change

Alan 00X fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 3, 2018

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
Killer Penis Fly Traps? I don't remember that enemy

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
Holy poo poo this game was amazing! Totally worth it. I'm on my 3rd playthrough with 5HP until I had to level up HP as a danger mode Mario. Was a blast until I had to level up HP finally lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
god dammit. breaking 10 hp ruined my game lol

• Locked thread