Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

Wait a minute, the Superman animated series had 3 Seasons? How do I have them all in one box set?

It's called a box set, googling tells me there's 54 episodes, if you have that many you've got them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Skwirl posted:

It's called a box set, googling tells me there's 54 episodes, if you have that many you've got them all.

Oh, it does have 54 episodes. I don't know, I just thought that it was only one season because it was only one box. Back when I was a kid I didn't even notice.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are they doing more movies in the DCCU?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

McDuffie deserves far more credit for JL/JLU than he gets (and Dini / Timm get more than they should).
Timm gets way too much credit, but legitimately was a driving force till the very end. It was fun being dorky teenager on Toon Zone back in the day and waiting after every episode of Justice League for Bruce Timm to show up and post.

Dini is insanely over-credited in the sense that I think a lot of people still imagine him being a key figure in Justice League which he almost had nothing to do with. But I think, more frustratingly, because he was a writer, a lot of people imagined him as the sort of executive power of everything which was never really true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are they doing more movies in the DCCU?

Yes, Aquaman is planned for this year or next, they're doing a cyborg movie, Wonder Woman 2 is confirmed.

Edit: I took that as DC Cinematic Universe, but if you meant DC cartoon universe then they just did a Harley Quinn movie set in the DC Animated Universe but that's the last one so far with no plans going forward.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

Yes, Aquaman is planned for this year or next, they're doing a cyborg movie, Wonder Woman 2 is confirmed.

Well, gotta give them points for tenacity

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Aquaman and Shazam are kind of sunk costs at this point as the former is in post-production, and the latter is in principal photography.

Wonder Woman 2 is just a no-brainer. It's as obvious as doing a Black Panther 2. Not making it is basically setting fire to a big pile of money. (I believe it's also shooting or just about to start)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shazam's gonna be so good.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

He looks like a huge dork, which is perfect.

And that hair

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vincent posted:

She didn't just cast the thing, she voice directed it. All those great performances were directly influenced by her work on those shows.

Yeah, and she didn't work on the Killing Joke, so that kinda proves my point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

Shazam's gonna be so good.

Oh my god, that costume. It's not covered in pointless lines or strangely textured! They did a good superhero costume!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my god, that costume. It's not covered in pointless lines or strangely textured! They did a good superhero costume!

Don't worry, it'll have lightning constantly arcing across every inch after the visual effects are done.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not ...strangely textured!

It's got the modern Superman suit type texture.

but also Tawky Tawny cape clasps :)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Zach Levi looks absurdly buff in some of those pictures. :eyepop:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's got the modern Superman suit type texture.

but also Tawky Tawny cape clasps :)

That looks like cloth to me, while the Man of Steel suit looked like rubber

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

Zach Levi looks absurdly buff in some of those pictures. :eyepop:

I can’t loving believe this is CHUCK from CHUCK

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can't believe he betrayed Rapunzel by doing a DC movie.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What the hell is going on with the Stan Lee saga. Is there anyone who's trying to help him?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Would a liveblog thread be of interest to anyone, or would it better to just keep that to relevant threads like the DC thread?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Liveblog of what?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Readthroughs of old series and comics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A 'what are you reading' thing could be quite cool since news and bad hot takes usually edge that out of the megathreads.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

Readthroughs of old series and comics.

do it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854028

What's X-O going to do, close the thread? :smug:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man the THR story on Stan Lee is just so sad. Nobody should have to put up with that poo poo so close to the end of their life. And those videos of him at a recent con where he looks completely out of it and his handlers have to tell him how to spell his own name are heartbreaking.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really hope that we move out of the faux 80s nostalgia stuff, with like Stranger Things, and into faux 90s nostalgia. Because then the'll be able to make a X-Statix movie

I just came back from Orlando and it's hilarious to me how the Marvel part of Universal Islands of Adventure is locked into being a time capsule for the 90's. The Captain America-themed diner has a bunch of random Avengers-based images all over the walls and ceilings and the most prominent ones are 1) Black Knight standing alongside brown jacket Crystal and 2) Clint Barton as Goliath.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Gavok posted:

I just came back from Orlando and it's hilarious to me how the Marvel part of Universal Islands of Adventure is locked into being a time capsule for the 90's. The Captain America-themed diner has a bunch of random Avengers-based images all over the walls and ceilings and the most prominent ones are 1) Black Knight standing alongside brown jacket Crystal and 2) Clint Barton as Goliath.

In a way it makes sense, that is the most beloved and remembered time period in Captain America's storied history.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hollismason posted:

What the hell is going on with the Stan Lee saga. Is there anyone who's trying to help him?

Mark Waid has been posting a bunch on Facebook and Neal Adams posted something on BC but as far as directly helping, not really. He's had everyone who was actually good to him pushed out in favor of people trying to bleed whatever money they can get from him.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Kevin Smith just offered to have Lee shack up with him, and honestly I think that is probably a better offer than what is happening right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Liefeld just went to visit him on a very thinly veiled pretext to see if he's being abused and came back saying "it seemed okay", for whatever that counts for.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CapnAndy posted:

Liefeld just went to visit him on a very thinly veiled pretext to see if he's being abused and came back saying "it seemed okay", for whatever that counts for.

Liefeld seems to be a nice dude, but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. I haven't read the THR article and don't have any insider information or anything, but if I was trying to take advantage of a possibly senile Stan Lee but wanted to put on a show of how he's fine and being well taken care of, Rob Liefeld seems like the perfect eyewitness, they know each other, but not well, and he seems easy to fool.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

Mark Waid has been posting a bunch on Facebook and Neal Adams posted something on BC but as far as directly helping, not really. He's had everyone who was actually good to him pushed out in favor of people trying to bleed whatever money they can get from him.

Bleed him literally, as in they took his blood to mix it with ink for him to sign in. I mean what the Christ is that all about?

Article complete with pictures of the COA: http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/05/stan-lee-stolen-blood-for-sale-black-panther-comic-books/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

X-O posted:

Man the THR story on Stan Lee is just so sad. Nobody should have to put up with that poo poo so close to the end of their life. And those videos of him at a recent con where he looks completely out of it and his handlers have to tell him how to spell his own name are heartbreaking.

I'm glad you brought this up (well, not really).

A while back, I joined a Jack Kirby fan group on Facebook. If you know anything about Jack and Stan's relationship, you know that people who regard Jack as the King of Comics tend to really have it in for Stan, basically saying that without Jack Kirby, Stan would be nothing, he stole Jacks' credit, etc.

And certainly, Stan did some unethical things.

But some of the vitriol when the stories about Stan's descent after Joan passed made me sick. Real sick poo poo, "He deserves it" "That's what happens you gently caress people over", etc.

So I hope all of you will do me a favor: if you see poo poo like this anywhere online, light those fuckers up. Stan is hardly a perfect human being, but nobody deserves this. I've left the group, thankfully.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm glad you brought this up (well, not really).

A while back, I joined a Jack Kirby fan group on Facebook. If you know anything about Jack and Stan's relationship, you know that people who regard Jack as the King of Comics tend to really have it in for Stan, basically saying that without Jack Kirby, Stan would be nothing, he stole Jacks' credit, etc.

And certainly, Stan did some unethical things.

But some of the vitriol when the stories about Stan's descent after Joan passed made me sick. Real sick poo poo, "He deserves it" "That's what happens you gently caress people over", etc.

So I hope all of you will do me a favor: if you see poo poo like this anywhere online, light those fuckers up. Stan is hardly a perfect human being, but nobody deserves this. I've left the group, thankfully.

I'm sorry to say that we have such sadistic dipshits in our midst.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Liefeld seems to be a nice dude, but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. I haven't read the THR article and don't have any insider information or anything, but if I was trying to take advantage of a possibly senile Stan Lee but wanted to put on a show of how he's fine and being well taken care of, Rob Liefeld seems like the perfect eyewitness, they know each other, but not well, and he seems easy to fool.

A lot easier to fool Rob Liefeld than me, a random guy on the internet who has never met Stan or any of the people involved but who definitely knows what’s up.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

A lot easier to fool Rob Liefeld than me, a random guy on the internet who has never met Stan or any of the people involved but who definitely knows what’s up.

I bet Skwirl can't even ink while driving!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It was Todd McFarlane, not Rob Liefeld, if that matters for anyone's sense of how easily they can be grifted (it doesn't for me, really).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

From the sounds of it Lee himself is being manipulated by those involved, so it’s not like a visit from an acquaintance is going to crack things wide open. He’ll just say “no I’m fine” and what’s Todd supposed to do? Bundle him up and run out?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I've been going to Motor City Comic Con almost every year for the last seventeen years. This will be my first year as a dealer. Just got an email from GalacticToys, and they want me to help run their booth. I'm pretty excited. I've always enjoyed selling people nerd stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love both groups, so this rules...

https://twitter.com/MarkOStack/status/984235151398850560

• Locked thread