Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Covok posted:

I would like to coin a new law: Nicholas' Law. Whenever something happens, someone on the internet will assume it's being done out of malice and spite.

Just having a little jest.

You made that jest out of spite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

X-O posted:

Man the THR story on Stan Lee is just so sad. Nobody should have to put up with that poo poo so close to the end of their life. And those videos of him at a recent con where he looks completely out of it and his handlers have to tell him how to spell his own name are heartbreaking.

I'm glad you brought this up (well, not really).

A while back, I joined a Jack Kirby fan group on Facebook. If you know anything about Jack and Stan's relationship, you know that people who regard Jack as the King of Comics tend to really have it in for Stan, basically saying that without Jack Kirby, Stan would be nothing, he stole Jacks' credit, etc.

And certainly, Stan did some unethical things.

But some of the vitriol when the stories about Stan's descent after Joan passed made me sick. Real sick poo poo, "He deserves it" "That's what happens you gently caress people over", etc.

So I hope all of you will do me a favor: if you see poo poo like this anywhere online, light those fuckers up. Stan is hardly a perfect human being, but nobody deserves this. I've left the group, thankfully.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love both groups, so this rules...

https://twitter.com/MarkOStack/status/984235151398850560

• Locked thread