Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
This poll is closed.
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 9 12.68%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 10 14.08%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 9 12.68%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 10 14.08%
gently caress Duke 33 46.48%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
It's very cool the SEC/Big 12 Challenge matchups are determined on a two year cycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Metapod posted:

Coach k is bad at coaching

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why does Missouri keep getting left out?

j/k I know why

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
They're playing at least one Big 12 team this year anyway, possibly two.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/jasonsmith929/status/1001501922275352580?s=21

Good for them. I’m a Vols fan, but it’s good for my hometown of Memphis when the Tigers are good, and hiring Sam Mitchell as an assistant should pump up the already insane buzz around town.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Admiral Schofield announced he will be returning to Knoxville for his senior season. :getin:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Austin Wiley, Bryce Brown and Jared Harper returning to Auburn. Mustapha Heron not entering draft but surprisingly announces he intends to transfer? Danjel Purifoy, the other player held out this year along with Wiley due to the FBI investigation, earlier announced he won't enter the draft (though he has to sit about 10 games next season). Faded down the stretch due to a lack of big man depth after Anfernee McLemore's injury, even with Heron leaving we've got a leg up there. Should be pretty good y'all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

2019 SEC/Big 12 Challenge matchups announced:

Alabama at Baylor
Iowa State At Ole Miss
Kansas at Kentucky
Kansas State at Texas A&M
Vanderbilt at Oklahoma
South Carolina at Oklahoma State
Florida at TCU
Texas at Georgia
Arkansas at Texas Tech
West Virginia at Tennessee

Kentucky's schedule next year now includes Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, and Kansas. Also have games against Seton Hall and Utah.

I read somewhere that it was either going to be Kansas or WVU for the Vols. I wanted Kansas but I guess WVU will do.

Texas would have been interesting but I guess that wasn’t an option

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Heron reportedly seeking hardship waiver to play immediately at UConn or St. John's due to father's illness.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I read somewhere that it was either going to be Kansas or WVU for the Vols. I wanted Kansas but I guess WVU will do.

Texas would have been interesting but I guess that wasn’t an option

It would have been more fun to see a KState and UK rematch, even if the key players are gone from this year. I got the sense that the Sweet Sixteen game wasn't enjoyed by either fanbase, since it was such a refshow. There was never any flow to that game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm tremendously annoyed that A&M doesn't get to play Texas. Kansas State is a fine program and will be a good test but come on y'all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm tremendously annoyed that A&M doesn't get to play Texas. Kansas State is a fine program and will be a good test but come on y'all.

A&M is rear end, my dude.

But seriously, no clue why. How good is Texas's basketball program these days?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

A&M is rear end, my dude.

But seriously, no clue why. How good is Texas's basketball program these days?

It's not anything special (turns out one lucky NCAA tournament run with a team that shouldn't have been in the field may not actually make you the next Coach K), but the reason they're not playing is because the two schools are locked in an "actually they're not a REAL rival anyway" pissing match and are both angry about how the Big 12's near implosion went down.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

tadashi posted:

It would have been more fun to see a KState and UK rematch, even if the key players are gone from this year. I got the sense that the Sweet Sixteen game wasn't enjoyed by either fanbase, since it was such a refshow. There was never any flow to that game.

Nah, I'd take a game with Kansas over any other team in the big 12.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

It's not anything special (turns out one lucky NCAA tournament run with a team that shouldn't have been in the field may not actually make you the next Coach K), but the reason they're not playing is because the two schools are locked in an "actually they're not a REAL rival anyway" pissing match and are both angry about how the Big 12's near implosion went down.

Man what babies!

*posts about how I don't even think about Missouri at all*

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Jontay Porter withdraws from the NBA draft and it kicks rear end.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Jontay Porter withdraws from the NBA draft and it kicks rear end.

I'm stunned, and question whether it's the right move for him.

But also excited to see him play more for my team. Really helps out the timeline for Mizzou since this was going to be a bridge year where they were expected to be poo poo. And maybe they still will be, but at least they'll be less poo poo than they would've been.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

I'm stunned, and question whether it's the right move for him.

But also excited to see him play more for my team. Really helps out the timeline for Mizzou since this was going to be a bridge year where they were expected to be poo poo. And maybe they still will be, but at least they'll be less poo poo than they would've been.

He could have easily wound up in the 2nd round if he had stayed in the draft this year. He's still really young and skilled for his class. He can get himself way higher in next year's draft if he gets in better shape and can stay on the court more, it's a lot more shallow than this year's will be.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tyler Cook is coming back to Iowa which should not be surprising because he had zero chance of being drafted but for some reason all the dipshits covering the team were convinced he was gone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

He could have easily wound up in the 2nd round if he had stayed in the draft this year. He's still really young and skilled for his class. He can get himself way higher in next year's draft if he gets in better shape and can stay on the court more, it's a lot more shallow than this year's will be.

I've made that argument myself about Jontay, but it just feels like this rarely works out the way people want it to. At least I can't think of a bunch of guys who have gone back to school for a sophomore year that will clearly be their last (barring disaster) and then went high.

But yeah, he is still really young and next year's draft isn't as good and I should just shut up and be happy anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

I've made that argument myself about Jontay, but it just feels like this rarely works out the way people want it to. At least I can't think of a bunch of guys who have gone back to school for a sophomore year that will clearly be their last (barring disaster) and then went high.

But yeah, he is still really young and next year's draft isn't as good and I should just shut up and be happy anyway.

If he was like a lock for the first round I might agree but he's extremely borderline (even though I personally really like him) so I guess I don't really see him necessarily risking that much barring a career ending injury

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bruce Pearl extended through 2023, lmao at all the national media who only read the words "Auburn" and "scandal" and rushed to the nearest TV studio to insist he would be fired any day now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Vols get commit/signing from DJ burns, 4* 6’8” center from SC.

Anyone know anything about this kid? Seems like a great add for the Vols, who have the whole team from last year coming back.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
UConn is being a real rear end in a top hat to the coach who got them a title.

https://twitter.com/hartfordcourant/status/1009567836912717824?s=21

Just pay the man, take some of that money you would’ve put toward your moribund football program.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Democrazy posted:

UConn is being a real rear end in a top hat to the coach who got them a title.

https://twitter.com/hartfordcourant/status/1009567836912717824?s=21

Just pay the man, take some of that money you would’ve put toward your moribund football program.

His contract specifically says the following:

quote:

The phrase ‘just cause’ shall include, in addition to the definition contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement: a violation by the Coach of any law, rule, regulation, policy, bylaw, or official interpretation of the University, the Conference or the NCAA.

This definition of "just cause" is intentionally vague in his contract, which means it probably includes everything listed in the report. They absolutely have a right to fire him without pay, even if it's not the right thing to do. They'll probably end up settling because Ollie will lose this one in arbitration, and I can't imagine the school wanting this to go on any longer.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Guys, top prospect Zion Williamson is UC Santa Barbara legend Alan Williams with hops
He's the rich man's Alan Williams
In other words, the GOAT

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you love dunking Zion is the truth.

Duke is loaded! On small forwards.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
gently caress Duke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol Rivals re-labeled Zion a power forward after he signed with Duke. RJ and Cam are still SF.

They do this kind of poo poo all the time. Zion, your 6-6 power forward for the next generation of Dukies.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Zion is more like a 6'5" center, unless he suddenly learned to shoot and handle in secret he's definitely not a SF

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Zion is Anthony Bennett in that his only year of college basketball will be the best basketball he ever plays, someone will draft him high, and you'll only ever hear again about how he sucks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The dunks are gonna be super good though

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Folks Duke is looking to be fun as gently caress this year. Get in, the water's warm.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Adun posted:

Folks Duke is looking to be fun as gently caress this year. Get in, the water's warm.

that’s piss

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

elentar posted:

that’s piss

Still safe to drink

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Duke Basketball: It's sterile and I like the taste

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Duke Basketball: extremely erotic for 15% of the population

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Adun posted:

Duke Basketball: extremely erotic for 15% of the population

At least half of northern New Jersey though

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestenr's very own Aaron Falzon led Malta to glorious victory at the Fiba Small Countries European Championship over Norway. He led the the tournament in almost everything, but it may have helped that Malta have an absurd 7'6" guy while Norway had no one over 6'8" and it was the funniest poo poo in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Adun posted:

Duke Basketball: Urine for a treat

• Locked thread