Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

We are all going to die in like 2 centuries.

Well we will all be dead long before then, but you get the point.

Or, put another way, from discord (no idea the actual source):

Addamere posted:

The problem remains that right now there is enough carbon in the air that even if we add no more to it - as in cutting emissions 100% magically over night - the already emitted carbon is enough to drive us to the methane gun triggering in a few decades, which will in turn turn global warming up to 11.
Most of earth will be uninhabitable by humans in a couple centuries, even if we stop polluting right now.
We need some kind of breakthrough in carbon-scrubbing and widespread adoption of same, if we want to beat global warming and survive as a civilization.
This is all independent of global sea levels rising and wiping out our big cities.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I at least live inland, but in the middle of the population centre so if Kim-Jong Un is worth a drat I'll just get instantly vaporized.

gently caress eating rabbits. They are friends not food

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Seems a good time to mention how Star Wars the term "solar forcing" has always sounded to me.

• Locked thread