Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

gently caress all going on this month, no one wanted to make a new thread

the sentient potato is apparently making waves and pissing people off but there's nothing new there, something something white south african farmers, something something being killed by subhumans (that no one else in the rest of the world apparently caught)

there was a local election the greens expected to romp home in and hosed up superbly

there's gently caress all going on this month, and gently caress all else happened last month that I remember

welcome to auspol april, it's 3 days late. enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The megathread is dead, long live the megathread.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

tithin posted:

there's gently caress all going on this month, and gently caress all else happened last month that I remember

SA accelerated towards the abyss.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Senor Tron posted:

SA is an abyss.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Senor Tron posted:

Yeah I hope Lowtax feels better soon

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Senor Tron posted:

Funniest thing about it is that the libs can do gently caress all about most of the clean energy projects underway without losing a pile of money or feeding the opposition.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/cameronwilson/status/980715076817571841

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
the ball tampering scandal getting so much play over all the issues sports have with dudes abusing women (see how little rubbish Matt Lodge is getting in comparison for a contemporaneous example) tells me that mandatory ball tampering for all men should be policy going forward. come get your cypro, boys

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Dutton is right in saying that SA farmers are under threat.

Fuckin upstream irrigators keep stealing all of the water.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

the ball tampering scandal getting so much play over all the issues sports have with dudes abusing women (see how little rubbish Matt Lodge is getting in comparison for a contemporaneous example) tells me that mandatory ball tampering for all men should be policy going forward. come get your cypro, boys
In Australia, spiro is actually a lot more common than cypro.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/981031900205654016

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Box of Bunnies posted:

Endemic vs. Catastrophic.

We're terrible at dealing with things appropriately because we had to get used to family members dieing for no reason while still having a fear reaction to predators grabbing us. So every week a sportsperson beats their wife, but very rarely do they cheat in sport, so one's a big deal that must have serious consequences and the other is ignored.

See also: Car Crashes vs. Terrorism

It's hosed and wrong, but that's sadly how our brains are wired to assess risk.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
what do all of these words mean?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

CrazyTolradi posted:

In Australia, spiro is actually a lot more common than cypro.

That's weird, I'd have thought we'd be more in line with Europe in that regard. Spiro is only so much a thing in the US because cypro isn't FDA approved so I don't know why there'd be issues here

hooman posted:

Endemic vs. Catastrophic.

We're terrible at dealing with things appropriately because we had to get used to family members dieing for no reason while still having a fear reaction to predators grabbing us. So every week a sportsperson beats their wife, but very rarely do they cheat in sport, so one's a big deal that must have serious consequences and the other is ignored.

See also: Car Crashes vs. Terrorism

It's hosed and wrong, but that's sadly how our brains are wired to assess risk.

Yeah, I guess :/

Gone Fission posted:

Full matriarchy now

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

That's weird, I'd have thought we'd be more in line with Europe in that regard. Spiro is only so much a thing in the US because cypro isn't FDA approved so I don't know why there'd be issues here
Spiro's preferred here because Cypro has more long term issues with regards to liver health, but also because we just follow the US when it comes to preferred treatments. That said I'd rather Spiro over Cypro any day, personally.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gone Fission posted:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So I was listening to Lane Sainty and Alice Workman"s podcast and apparently Centrelink aren't going to backdate claims any more. So if you put a claim in today and it takes them a month to process it, you don't get paid from today to when they process it. Which begs the question: Do they want Centrelink workers to get bashed?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

CrazyTolradi posted:

Spiro's preferred here because Cypro has more long term issues with regards to liver health, but also because we just follow the US when it comes to preferred treatments. That said I'd rather Spiro over Cypro any day, personally.

I've been on a mix of cypro and Classic Australian Alcoholism™ for about four years now and my LFTs always come in fine. Maybe it'll get worse later on, but lol if I actually care about being alive five years from now anyway. Whereas the diuretic effect of spiro sounds like absolute poo poo to deal with on a day to day

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Starshark posted:

So I was listening to Lane Sainty and Alice Workman"s podcast and apparently Centrelink aren't going to backdate claims any more. So if you put a claim in today and it takes them a month to process it, you don't get paid from today to when they process it. Which begs the question: Do they want Centrelink workers to get bashed?
Yes because that way they can paint those evil dole bludgers as criminal thugs attacking hapless public servants and therefore they have to make life even harder for these welfare parasites.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Whereas the diuretic effect of spiro sounds like absolute poo poo to deal with on a day to day
Haven't really had any problems in that area to be honest, but as with a lot of medications in this field, YMMV.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 3, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

hahahahaha aren't the current backlogs for processing at like 4 or 5 months?

from Jan last year hahahahah
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...117-gtsy04.html

Over 7 weeks in some cases.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

AgentF posted:

I know this is a joke, but The Murray Darling System is absolutely hosed. And anyone to the south dependent on the system is going to be miserable.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhfqQzMVJxI

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A federally funded ship building skills college that was supposed to open in SA in January, and was delayed because a federal review decided TAFE SA wasn't up to scratch, has now gone ahead two weeks after the state election, go figure right?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
OP is unsustainable. Should have been completely recycled.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

AgentF posted:

Pass the salt

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

trunkh posted:

I know this is a joke, but The Murray Darling System is absolutely hosed. And anyone to the south dependent on the system is going to be miserable.

My hobby is reminding farmers that bushfires, droughts and weird weather can almost directly be traced back to climate change, so they need to stop kidding themselves that the good times are just around the corner and seriously consider selling the farm.

They get angry when I say that, but at least I warned them?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

froglet posted:

My hobby is reminding farmers that bushfires, droughts and weird weather can almost directly be traced back to climate change, so they need to stop kidding themselves that the good times are just around the corner and seriously consider selling the farm.

They get angry when I say that, but at least I warned them?

I have got relatives who are farmers and they have been trying to sell the farm for the last few years and noone wants to buy it.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Victoria police are in the news for being videoed using excessive force. This is a different incident than the one linked last thread. I guess they just can't help beating people up?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-03/police-accused-of-using-excessive-force-during-arrest/9592542

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

NPR Journalizard posted:

I have got relatives who are farmers and they have been trying to sell the farm for the last few years and noone wants to buy it.

Hahaha as if there isn't a hostile Chinese secret agent waiting to buy it while riding atop writhing purple tentacles.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Hahaha as if there isn't a hostile Chinese secret agent waiting to buy it while riding atop writhing purple tentacles.
Anidav?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Nah, the chinese generally arent stupid enough to buy farmland thats marginal in good years and will be a dustbowl once climate change hits hard.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Laughing while twirling their long hair / mustache (delete as appropriate) while riding a hot air balloon wearing a formal hat.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

That's a shame.

I might have my farm rant now I no longer work for an agriculture related industry...

froglet fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 3, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Anyone been following the Facebook leaks? Turns out Zuckerberg lied and the Facebook mobile app uploaded all photos, videos, mic recordings from your smartphone to a remote server - even if you didn't upload them to Facebook.

Stocks in freefall.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DancingShade posted:

Laughing while twirling their long hair / mustache (delete as appropriate) while riding a hot air balloon wearing a formal hat.

It's called a Fu Manchu

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's called a Fu Manchu

I was thinking that in this modern age it might be a lady snidely whiplash so I was leaving it open.

I guess they can have Fu Machus too if they really want.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ahh, right. I think the ladies wave their fans coquettishly.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Anidav posted:

Anyone been following the Facebook leaks? Turns out Zuckerberg lied and the Facebook mobile app uploaded all photos, videos, mic recordings from your smartphone to a remote server - even if you didn't upload them to Facebook.

Stocks in freefall.

I havn't seen that at all- what?!? Does it include the messaging ap? Wouldn't every police and intel agency in the world want that information at all times?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Anidav posted:

Stocks in freefall.

ANIDAV. WHEN YOU MAKE A POST SAYING SOMETHING LIKE THIS YOU LINK

THAT

poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Anidav posted:

Stocks in freefall.

have you got a source for that? I can't find anything

• Locked thread