Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Hahaha as if there isn't a hostile Chinese secret agent waiting to buy it while riding atop writhing purple tentacles.

Laughing while twirling their long hair / mustache (delete as appropriate) while riding a hot air balloon wearing a formal hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's called a Fu Manchu

I was thinking that in this modern age it might be a lady snidely whiplash so I was leaving it open.

I guess they can have Fu Machus too if they really want.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Actually those are the popular policies Australians like.

An often overlooked fact.

"Oh but those policies are cruel and horrible!"

Sure. And that's what Australians want.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

G-Spot Run posted:

Don't you understand we need to give the money to the job creators so they can use it to consider hiring a new person and instead buy a Porsche

Look have a heart for them ok? Those trips to South East Asia to snort cocaine off the bottom of an under age prostitute don't pay for themselves.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Make better 3D printers so everyone can manufacture whatever they need or want, including other 3D printers.

Robots do all the work. Recreation time, all the time.

Then we become the lard buckets in Wall-E and die out.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Why does anyone care about Twitter. Why is it a thing.

They get to # something and feel like they're doing something.

The armchair computer activists to your armchair table top generals, if you like.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What do you mean I have to employ my employees? This is bullshit, please fix.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All social hierarchies should be managed by Friend Computer on behalf of Skynet.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tasmantor posted:

It's 2080 and the once great Australia is now a waste land. All people are well fed, housed and educated, healthcare is free and work hours average in 20's a week. Hardly any billionaires remain because people just don't like exploitation. Into this hell scape the savoir of the once great LNP is born, she will repair the rifts in society by reinvigorating the race and class wars, once thought gone.

Don't worry we'll make sure this dire future never comes to pass.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

Hypothetically, how could you even take over Australia if you wanted to today through force?

"Force" politicians to allow you to buy everything out from under the citizens by bribing them.

Oh wait that happens now.

Also :lol: at the talk of what Greens would do in power. They're never getting power but I admire your spirit people.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

:wtc: Tasmania

Well you see it's too narrow to fit "immigration".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for Dutton to become PM on a platform of white only immigration in spite of everything.

Then he'll change the rules using his superministry so he never has to face another election.

Dutton, PM for life.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

If we had JPB's fash idea of a weak lackadaisical fantasy commune, I'd want to be invaded and defeated by the Thai. Thai street food is insane and I want it on every block

Would it still seem romantic if you were the one cooking it on that street corner?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

ITT people get really triggered about the term sandwich.

This. Also if any of them were actually educated they'd know that language changes and evolves constantly unless it's a dead language (ie, latin).

Yesterday's slang is tomorrow's dictionary definition.

But people should ignore me because I want to see this argument evolve to the particulars of what counts as bread.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

So a democracy sausage is a form of deconstructed sandwich? Wow this thread sure loves hipster food.

No. A hipster deconstructed sandwich would be a bag of wheat seeds, a clay pot filled with dry earth, a small glass of water and a map to the nearest livestock pen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Literal quote from a Greens councillor to my mate who is an investor relations guy

XXXXXXXX: “what we need is a high profile celebrity candidate to come in and run against Ged. Can you think of any high profile non profit ceo types who support the Greens who we could tap?”

"What we need is a cross between Captain Planet and Bruce Wayne with the powers and resources of both, anyone know someone like that?"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt Soban posted:

I'd rather a useless Malcolm in power, over someone like Potato head Dutton, and Asbestos Bishop.

Just remember to go back and edit your post to something more favorable once Dutton takes over and commences the purge on all disloyal citizens.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BBJoey posted:

very first line

picturing a guy going to the newsagent and very conspicuously purchasing a copy of The CEO Magazine to try and impress the cashier

And loudly checking the time on the pocket watch they bought from a hipster kickstarter as they do so.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

March them right into that sea.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Before Times posted:

so soy boy is the new 'cuck'?

It's pretty new. I think it's more specific.

The impression I get is that "soy boy" is a male who is subservient to feminists. Kept, if you like. Seeking a nod from them.

But I've yet to see it IN REAL LIFE so who knows. The term might not take off.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

That's some pretty good fear based advertising.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Obvious solution is to put the economic migrants on the sheep carriers and send them back that way. Tell them to make sure the sheep don't die or they don't get a return voyage.

(obviously some sheep will die and they get kicked off wherever, out of sight and mind)

It'll be a surefire hit with the voters.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

swap a refugee for margaret court

Hell give us one of the dead sheep back and they can take her as swapsies.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Schlesische posted:

Hey, they don't even have to swapsies, we'll let her go for free.

Can't argue with that. :shrug:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

How would you describe two french people, a montenegrin, two germans and one finn? I'm guessing European

As detention center room mates awaiting deportation in Dutton's Australia.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It probably also helps to get the right visa or something first too.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Les Affaires posted:

That's what I meant really. Do your research, find out whether there's a visa for what you need to do, and when in doubt, get one that is more permissive than the one you need.

But if you do that you can't get all the free publicity when you SHOCK GASP get sent home on the naughty plane.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is a bit late now. Was busy getting hammered after work.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-13/what-your-habits-reveal-about-your-social-class/9610658

Apparently I'm a "young 20s male, high school education". Thanks ABC survey.

I'm an unsophisticated uneducated piece of poo poo because I don't spend all my free time listening to operas and browsing book stores :lol:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

March the lot of them into the sea.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenmovement posted:

It must be nice to get your pet concerns given prominent articles in major newspapers, I wonder if I can get The Age to write one about the blocked drain near dads place

Yes but only if the newspaper photographer can get you posing in front of your private yacht.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gucci bane posted:

lol they let a company buy the land and in less than a decade the council is trying to forcibly reacquire it? what a loving joke, surely the state government wont let them do that.

It's probably so they can then sell it off again to someone else's mate.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

I will never

Never stop posting but do mix up the sub forums. It's the only way to keep things fresh.

Also never stop laughing at people who taking posting on the internet far too seriously.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Comstar posted:

ABC radio was saying that Weed is deadly and will kill you like alcohol and tobacco.

says it kills absolutely ZERO.

Is this correct? The Greens need to make that point I would think?

Since when have facts been an issue for ideologues?

(talking about the radio person that is)

Anyway we all know the REAL menace threatening our society are those darn kids in their denim trousers and their rock & roll music.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

G-Spot Run posted:

The joke is that he's muslim and the ABC is the latest masthead of news corp.

You're correct. I think another joke is there are people in this thread who still don't realize the ABC underwent regulatory capture years ago.

Maybe they just don't know what the words mean. :shrug:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

Plenty of Queensland left to use when Ipswich gets full of garbage.

Just pile it over the top until the garbage pile exceeds the height of Everest.

Mount Ipswich. Bring a HAZMAT suit as well as high altitude breathing apparatus for your climb.

Don't forget your local bogan sherpas.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Laserface posted:

If you cant look after yourself you dont get to live.

I mean thats how the boomers treat everyone else? whats the problem?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
In a few more years they'll call them boomers because of the noise their exploding colostomy bags make after nobody checks on them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

naeka posted:

And this isn't even scraping the surface, there isn't much i'm comfortable getting into on a public forum but most peoples only exposure to the aged care system is due to a family member requiring it all of a sudden (it's NEVER planned, always some random injury and bam you are in the system) and they have this massive shock at what they have just walked into but if more people actually knew in advance then I can't even imagine the outrage.

There was one nice win recently which came entirely from consumer complaints re refurbishment costs but due to how little people know about the sector as a whole this kind of thing is rare.

If you ever want true horror go through the sanctions section on the myagedcare website and you'll find some real goldmines. A good start point for the adventure is a facility called "The Ritz".

Plenty of people know about it. They simply turn a blind eye.

Make of that what you will.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gucci bane posted:

priorities

1. australian animals
392. yemeni children

I think the Yemeni children are higher priority for them but not in a saving kind of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Is this supposed to be a thing that will scare people?

Oh wait, they're writing this for their mates.

• Locked thread