Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Isn't Rupes half dead though

e: more so than usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Feeling sorry for the AFP bloke that has to read your post history now.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MiniSune posted:

Fun fact: some fibre installs were as little as 1500, but the government refused to accept an invoice for anything less than 4.5k otherwise the whole "FTTN cheapah" was undermined.

Visionstream made a fuckton.

source please

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MiniSune posted:

Fun fact: some fibre installs were as little as 1500, but the government refused to accept an invoice for anything less than 4.5k otherwise the whole "FTTN cheapah" was undermined.

Visionstream made a fuckton.

source please

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

NXT changes name to Centre Alliance. :laffo:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Before Times posted:

so soy boy is the new 'cuck'?

yes

it stems from the well-researched and peer reviewed scientific studies such as that surmise eating soy products increases estrogen in men leading to feminine traits and behaviour due to lack of manly testosterone

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Huh, I thought Morrison would've been more popular with the LNP.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

G-Spot Run posted:

Well this is certainly a development. I hope someone wasn't holding onto the strings for the right timing but who the gently caress are we kidding, these people are shitstains of humanity.

Prime Minister's Department employee arrested amid allegations of indecent acts against minors

Zero tolerance for abuse, particularly of minors

?????

So you have some tolerance for abuse if it's not a minor?

Yes hello this is my pointless contribution to this thread.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I thought vice signalling was when you smoke, drink or do drugs to excess and revel in it, and try to get other people into it

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Of course the ABC is at war with Tony Abbott he's a conviction politician & that's what the ABC hate.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MysticalMachineGun posted:

That's what the chyron says :ssh:

Is this about the video posted or something else?

what the gently caress there's a word for that

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

quit listening to Keanu Reeves

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Question about the middle box: how do you recycle fire?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

My hot take based entirely on cynicism and certainly not evidence is that it'll cost Centrelink more money to modify their system to account for interest and in checks to make sure it's being correctly applied than they'll ever recover.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MysticalMachineGun posted:

They already "annually adjust" HECS which is interest by stealth

No it's not. It's so the debt stays the same value over time, despite dollars changing value. If I borrowed $5,000 from you in 1980, and paid you back $5,000 today, I'd have ripped you the gently caress off.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Hmm in a shocking twist the Herald Sun seems to have Mathew Guy's latest proposal before he officially presents it. Keep an eye out for it later today. It's typically insane and fascist as all hell.

Cliff notes:
Police powers expanded to stop and search without a warrant if they have reasonable suspicion (not explicitly stated if skin colour is a reasonable suspicion (it is))
Police can issue "notice orders" to minors, whether or not they have a criminal record, if they believe the minor is in danger of being influenced by organized criminals or youth gangs
Fines and possible jail time for flouting said notice orders

:bravo:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It's really not detailed. It just says they're giving to a person, including a juvenile without a criminal record, telling them to stay away from the bad man/bad group, if they don't possible fine + prison time.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

I love when our country is slowly turning into a police state.

"slowly" lmao

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

It's a weird one "early access". You've sold a product for money, so I imagine it still attracts consumer guarantees versus calling it a "free beta" or whatever which means it isn't the actual product.

Steam takes the stance of telling you very, very clearly when you buy early access that you are buying it As Is and not some future hypothetical promised game. I'm guessing they don't want to test that one against ACL.

e: Actually it's not as clear as I remember. I think that's their refund policy which states that about EA games.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Don Dongington posted:

I tried to play that a while back with goons, and with the exception of GSC, I couldn't see any of them in-game. The netcode is garbage and can't handle the typical latency seen between Aus/US, so it kept instancing me off, even if I was grouped with them. We tried a bunch of poo poo to overcome this, but nothing worked.

So despite being a massively multiplayer online game, I couldn't actually play it as such, and in reality, I only ever saw a couple real players, which resulted in the game becoming a boring as gently caress space truck simulator.

gently caress Elite Dangerous.

On the upside you already got the full No Man's Sky experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

CROMS EVERYWHERE

• Locked thread