Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

froglet posted:

My hobby is reminding farmers that bushfires, droughts and weird weather can almost directly be traced back to climate change, so they need to stop kidding themselves that the good times are just around the corner and seriously consider selling the farm.

They get angry when I say that, but at least I warned them?

I have got relatives who are farmers and they have been trying to sell the farm for the last few years and noone wants to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Hahaha as if there isn't a hostile Chinese secret agent waiting to buy it while riding atop writhing purple tentacles.

Nah, the chinese generally arent stupid enough to buy farmland thats marginal in good years and will be a dustbowl once climate change hits hard.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I don't get how difficult it is to sell a message of "we are going to give you money and we are going to tax corporations and other people to get it"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

I guess at least it's not a Games Workshop, that's the real rock bottom of trash nerddom.

There is a games workshop near where I work and I walk past it probably 10-15 times a week for the last few months and I am yet to see a woman inside the shop.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Why does anyone care about Twitter. Why is it a thing.

It allows for direct communication to people in a position of power. It can put the person who writes the article in direct contact with the person who reads the article. It allows politicians to get direct feedback from people without going through a focus group filter. It allows for instant dissemination of bite size pieces of information.

But no, hurr twittersphere of swjs am i rite

DancingShade posted:

They get to # something and feel like they're doing something.

The armchair computer activists to your armchair table top generals, if you like.

If you want an incredibly shallow and crap reading of it sure.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Pretty sure they're not paying slightly more than you, sport.

Helps if you read the post correctly before having a snipe at it. He said slightly more, not slightly more than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

The greens are more interested in finding a popular social enterprise CEO with lots of green money to run against Kearney.

Jesus christ you are salty about the greens.

• Locked thread