Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Senor Tron posted:

SA is an abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

the ball tampering scandal getting so much play over all the issues sports have with dudes abusing women (see how little rubbish Matt Lodge is getting in comparison for a contemporaneous example) tells me that mandatory ball tampering for all men should be policy going forward. come get your cypro, boys
In Australia, spiro is actually a lot more common than cypro.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

That's weird, I'd have thought we'd be more in line with Europe in that regard. Spiro is only so much a thing in the US because cypro isn't FDA approved so I don't know why there'd be issues here
Spiro's preferred here because Cypro has more long term issues with regards to liver health, but also because we just follow the US when it comes to preferred treatments. That said I'd rather Spiro over Cypro any day, personally.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Starshark posted:

So I was listening to Lane Sainty and Alice Workman"s podcast and apparently Centrelink aren't going to backdate claims any more. So if you put a claim in today and it takes them a month to process it, you don't get paid from today to when they process it. Which begs the question: Do they want Centrelink workers to get bashed?
Yes because that way they can paint those evil dole bludgers as criminal thugs attacking hapless public servants and therefore they have to make life even harder for these welfare parasites.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Whereas the diuretic effect of spiro sounds like absolute poo poo to deal with on a day to day
Haven't really had any problems in that area to be honest, but as with a lot of medications in this field, YMMV.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 3, 2018

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

AgentF posted:

Dutton is right in saying that SA farmers are under threat.

Fuckin upstream irrigators keep stealing all of the water.
Pass the salt

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Hahaha as if there isn't a hostile Chinese secret agent waiting to buy it while riding atop writhing purple tentacles.
Anidav?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Critical to the argument is the “crib breaks count as time worked” portion of the excerpt. Unless that changes the company are following the rules.
If that's the case, maybe the "rules" are stupid and wrong?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

bell jar posted:

If you have to choose between arguing with your boss to graciously allow you to use your phone while you're working during breaks, and finding a new job, you should find a new job.
Thanks for the hot tip, Joe Hockey.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

bell jar posted:

Yeah you are

Guess I just have to suffer in this lovely job! Nothing else I can do! Gonna keep my employer making money by turning up reliably and withstanding horrible rules for no reason!

Your labour is an asset and depriving your employer of it when its inconvenient for them is the only tool you have to fight them.
Lol telling a casual retail worker to just quit their job sure is great advice. Who cares about the costs of keeping a roof over your head or food on the table?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Given the circumstance, the rule isn’t excessive. I’d imagine most of us technically can’t check their phone when being paid either. The complexity here is that this is a period of time where the person can eat whilst being paid.

I know I’m verging into the whole “I hate the working class” that everyone assumes I believe. But as I said in the bit you didn’t quote, are the company going to enforce this when staff aren’t customer facing? If that’s the case then yes, the union should address it; otherwise I’d consider it an acceptable rule for a customer focussed business.
Then maybe don't force your employees to have to work on their "breaks"?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Don Dongington posted:

I wish someone would automate this loving thread
There's no way that an AI could be created or learn/evolve that could replicate Amethyst's level of poo poo posting.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

sweetroy posted:

actually tithin is irish
Could have sworn he was Welsh.

e: loving beaten by tits himself, motherfucker

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Whitlam posted:

Wow so that Dutton hey.

My bet is that he fails, Turnbull survives by a handful of votes, Abbott loudly sulks.
Only Dutton can bring us the glorious Coalition government Australia deserves.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

Oh yee of short memory, HE only drops in here to lay rancid farts and run away again too. Auspol threads are much like the real Australian values we strive to protect: getting across the lawn without stepping in an errant turd.
HE also drops in to gush about his greatest love, Mia Freedman.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Amethyst posted:

I think that notion is a dangerous fantasy in a world where 60 percent of the world doesn't have indoor plumbing.
Don't kinkshame Cartoon.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Remember, before Abbott got knifed, this sort of leak popped up a lot before the actual spill occurred. Doesn't mean it's going to happen next week, but it would seem as if someone's putting the feelers out to see if it'd have any kind of traction.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

It's like day 10 of Donald Trump loving up my ASX gains
You're the reverse Midas.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I guess at least it's not a Games Workshop, that's the real rock bottom of trash nerddom.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

NPR Journalizard posted:

There is a games workshop near where I work and I walk past it probably 10-15 times a week for the last few months and I am yet to see a woman inside the shop.
When I worked at Telstra in Brisbane, there was one in one of the arcades I'd go through each day to go grab lunch. It was situated right across from a hairdressing academy place and I'm fairly certain they put it there so the r/incel types could stare across at the women.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

My favorite part is, right in the middle of this big scaremongering/ridiculing:

THE HORROR! OH, GOD, THE HORROR!
How shocking that the renter gets security and the landlord still gets paid rent!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav, just what the gently caress are you doing at Newscorp to have them doing good PR work for the Greens?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP preparing a post:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

ITT people get really triggered about the term sandwich.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Subway is food in the same way Rugby is a sport.

Shots fired, yo.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

So a democracy sausage is a form of deconstructed sandwich? Wow this thread sure loves hipster food.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

iajanus posted:

I agree, Rugby is garbage.

Your move.
No I think you'll find the dictionary clear states garbage is not Rugby, and FURTHER MORE

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

was this supposed to be a dig at league fans but you hosed up and dissed the posh sport instead?
Why not both?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Before Times posted:

lol they think there's a posh one
So it's basically Dominos or Pizza Hut?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Before Times posted:

if you fold your pizza to eat it, is it a sandwich?
gently caress you I was literally just thinking that as you posted, god drat it.

EDIT: And no, you'd have to get two slices of pizza and stick them together, topping side. That should appease the pedantic in the thread.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

then you should probably see a doctor
Too slow, scrub

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm not sure how rolling back rights for minorities and openly supporting the mafia is an effective election strategy but dammit I'd love to see them try only to get absolutely smashed
Kevin Andrews whiteanting the LNP for some mystical agenda of his own?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

The Age has an article on Melbourne’s Bible Belt and the map makes a convincing argument that we should ban religion as it clearly causes poverty and disadvantage where it is present
Isn't that the same area that had a no result for the SSM postal survey?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Which anime is the most likely to make you pro-life?
Evangelion, clearly.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Taking lessons from Alex Jones, I see

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

EoinCannon posted:

Trying to get a jump on sculpting the bust for our next PM

His stupid potato head is loving stupid and hard to get the likeness of, it's like a melted, mushy lump with facial features stuck on

Not enough sprouts

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Oh poo poo

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-18/corruption-watchdog-hits-former-ipswich-council-ceo-and-wife/9672986

Ipswich, what a place.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Sparticle posted:

I dump all my garbage in this thread because I'm true spew

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Hilarious how we outsourced all the waste collectors to contractors and they all simultaneously decided to send it all to Ipswich then Ipswich is like go ahead. Look, even the yellow bins are for you!

I wonder if these companies just bribe Ipswich Council to infinity and in 30 years time the place will explode like a volcano made of glass, plastic and cans.
Plenty of Queensland left to use when Ipswich gets full of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Big Willy Style posted:

Pay back for cane toads, XXXX, Peter Dutton, George Brandis and Pauline Hanson

• Locked thread