Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
the ball tampering scandal getting so much play over all the issues sports have with dudes abusing women (see how little rubbish Matt Lodge is getting in comparison for a contemporaneous example) tells me that mandatory ball tampering for all men should be policy going forward. come get your cypro, boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

CrazyTolradi posted:

In Australia, spiro is actually a lot more common than cypro.

That's weird, I'd have thought we'd be more in line with Europe in that regard. Spiro is only so much a thing in the US because cypro isn't FDA approved so I don't know why there'd be issues here

hooman posted:

Endemic vs. Catastrophic.

We're terrible at dealing with things appropriately because we had to get used to family members dieing for no reason while still having a fear reaction to predators grabbing us. So every week a sportsperson beats their wife, but very rarely do they cheat in sport, so one's a big deal that must have serious consequences and the other is ignored.

See also: Car Crashes vs. Terrorism

It's hosed and wrong, but that's sadly how our brains are wired to assess risk.

Yeah, I guess :/

Gone Fission posted:

what do all of these words mean?

Full matriarchy now

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

CrazyTolradi posted:

Spiro's preferred here because Cypro has more long term issues with regards to liver health, but also because we just follow the US when it comes to preferred treatments. That said I'd rather Spiro over Cypro any day, personally.

I've been on a mix of cypro and Classic Australian Alcoholism™ for about four years now and my LFTs always come in fine. Maybe it'll get worse later on, but lol if I actually care about being alive five years from now anyway. Whereas the diuretic effect of spiro sounds like absolute poo poo to deal with on a day to day

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Noice

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Decks out for Astro Labe

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

JBP posted:

Oh no, where will she peddle her hot takes now?

"What is happening on Manus and Nauru is bad", truly the hottest of takes.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

Centrelink threatens to charge interest on $900m worth of welfare debts

It's cool that all the people fraudulently receiving tax-payer salaries for serving in government while ineligible had that waived but they're going to grind their heels on the necks of the poors on this

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/988889834658844673

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Canada is America's fedora.