Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

The paywall is strong. All hail paywall. *cuts wrist* *sacrifices a Fairfax employee*

Are the News Corpse/Fairfax paywalls still broken as poo poo that you can read an article in incognito mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Here's something to make y'all woke as gently caress:

All politicians and their hangers-ons including party members, are bad, no matter where they are in the political spectrum.

I hope this has woken you all up. You can thank me later

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Birdstrike posted:

newspoll is this thread’s equivalent of “morning all”

Pleasant and uplifting?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Liberals keep on half arsing the NBN, coming up with "fibre to the curb".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-08/nbn-launches-fibre-to-the-curb-technology/9631262?WT.ac=statenews_vic

loving hacks just put it straight to the home. Bonus lols that existing NBN customers can't get this service.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

starkebn posted:

Good. Good but how? Good but how? Good but how?

Empty as gently caress

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Australia can't afford the Bill we're going to get if they elect Labor :smuggo:

starkebn posted:

I'm the unreasonable one for wanting to know more?

Dude, none of the major parties are going to give you any details, especially the ones in opposition, as this gives the government and media means of attacking them.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Was it really necessary to do three posts when one would have been enough?

Extra snark: Maybe no posts would've been the best option

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Salvos in Victoria have been stripped of their contract for looking after children in Victoria

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-13/salvation-army-lose-contract-for-kids-care-after-teen-drug-death/9634308?WT.ac=statenews_vic

Good. The government should be running youth services like this, not giving it to a bunch of happy clappy religious types who think the only ways to fix problem children is either through praying or sexual assault.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How soon people forget about the Wikileaks Party...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well I guess if the American Republican Party are going with Russian criminals, the Liberals might as well shack up with the Italian Mafia.

Vote 1 Big Tony.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

awful journalist

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gridlocked posted:

So News Breakfast suggesting Greens proposal to legalise weed and let people grow up to six of their own plants on their property.

Will someone think of the illegal weed growers and the massive profits they make on the black market.

Believe it or not, that was a factor when California was making weed legal.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hiddenmovement posted:

If anyone missed Mad as Hell this week the John Howard phone call might have been the funniest skit he's done yet

Was it as good as the The Games John Howard stolen generation apology?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don Dongington posted:

We need a bin for potatoes.

Just the one.

We do, it's called the Federal Parliament House

Resident Idiot posted:

We don't need the NBN because 5g.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/fed...418-p4za8x.html

Also roads should be congested, and stadiums shouldn't be funded except maybe they should be, a bit. Power prices are fine though.

gently caress non technical morons who think wireless/5G is a good substitute for proper fibre.

Ah, the economics editor wrote that piece. Says it all.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I've recently dealt with aged care due to my dad's Alzheimer's and it ranges from loving woeful to good.

Dad was in an aged care place in a dementia specific ward so he would get special care and all they did was leave him in his room all day, which made him aggressive and depressed with anyone he dealt with.

I felt so useless as I tried finding another place that would take him, as I didn't know the extent of his aggressive attitude until I moved him to another home, and he went around hitting staff. The original home didn't mention anything about this, and to this day I am still loving angry over dad's treatment and the lack of communication from that place.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

My old boss was pretty surprised when I informed him that casuals accrue long service leave entitlements and that i had been there long enough that he had to pay them out :toot:

"All these overheads causing small businesses to collapse blah blah blah"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don Dongington posted:

All one needs to do is look to Colorado for inspiration,

And that's in an environment where growers and sellers are unable to do anything with their money but whack it in gigantic safes, because the DEA will prosecute any bank that deals with them and take anything they deposit under civil asset forfeiture laws.

Jesus, I wonder how California is going to deal with this, as this will be like 10000 times worse there

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Explains the right wing bullshit that the Vic state Libs have really got into the past 12 months or so.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hooman posted:

Better never punish crimes at all agrees BCA.

It's like the card that Marge gives Homer about dealing with Bart, to do the opposite to what Bart says. But replace Bart with BCA

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey if we can kill off a few bankers it’s all worthwhile regardless of any regulatory change

Dude like your solution to most issues is death like is there something you want to tell us, Grim Reaper?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Knobb Manwich posted:

Hmm in a shocking twist the Herald Sun seems to have Mathew Guy's latest proposal before he officially presents it. Keep an eye out for it later today. It's typically insane and fascist as all hell.

Cliff notes:
Police powers expanded to stop and search without a warrant if they have reasonable suspicion (not explicitly stated if skin colour is a reasonable suspicion (it is))
Police can issue "notice orders" to minors, whether or not they have a criminal record, if they believe the minor is in danger of being influenced by organized criminals or youth gangs
Fines and possible jail time for flouting said notice orders

:bravo:

"I am a white middle aged man leading a party where we are scared poo poo of anyone who isn't equally as white and middle aged as us"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dimebag posted:

Mafia running the flag game down there in Victoria eh?

Gotta use something to wrap the dead bodies in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

• Locked thread