Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Just sat in a cafe next to some bow tie wearing gently caress of a greens staffer complaining about snowflakes and sjws burn the party to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Was this in Melbourne?

Yeah CBD

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

jbp are you secretly a bowtied gently caress of a green staffer???

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JWHs greatest legacy was scouring the conservative side of politics of talent for a generation

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Knobb Manwich posted:

Zero tolerance for abuse, particularly of minors*

Not applicable to refugees

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Sussan Ley is on triple J talking about shutting down the live export trade.

Didn’t the nats chuck a loving fit when labor suspended trade?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Mad As Hell more like Good As gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

A bit late but: what’s the term for reverse virtue signaling? Like when someone mentions they’re a vegetarian and some rear end in a top hat says they’ll eat twice as many burgers to make up for it.

australian

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Posers get out

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It’s ridiculous to force owners to upgrade their properties to meet retrospective energy efficiency standards, the cost would be prohibitive in many of the older paper thin houses in inner Canberra, either further reducing the supply of free standing housing available in the rental market, or, most definitely increase rents. Rental investment is indeed a business, however not a charity, owners would be forced to make tough business decisions to assess the viability of their investment. With skyrocketing land tax and the costs associated with retrofitting an old shonky house without the prospect of increasing rents to offset the expenses most business owners would make the decision that it was no longer a wise investment. Rental stock would dwindle forcing rent up, renters to live in apartments or on the city’s fringes where newer houses have better energy efficiency. We live in one of these paper thin houses, where the temperature inside is the same as it is outside! But it would be inconceivable to waste money trying to improve this house that was so poorly designed from the beginning. But we wanted to live in a house, in this area, and we had to start somewhere. We prioritised saving over holidays, eating out and shopping, and finally got our foot in the door in this delightful house. We can’t afford everything we want at once, we will make do in this house, freeze and boil through another few Canberra seasons until we can afford to do something about it. Why should renters be any different, they can’t have their cake and eat it too. Save, buy, or accept some of the negatives that come with renting. The fact is landlords aren’t evil rich corporations and we actually need them to provide houses for people to live in.

Source your scrotes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Age has an article on Melbourne’s Bible Belt and the map makes a convincing argument that we should ban religion as it clearly causes poverty and disadvantage where it is present

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Yeah that is a common conception and seems accurate since they're emboldening one another to say crazy poo poo in the media.

There is literally a concerted effort by bastiaan and Kevin Andrews to astroturf the Victorian liberal party into a Hillsong outpost

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lid posted:

And the literal mafia! Conservative Roman Catholics running wild/drugs.

So the Borgias?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Freehills are fuckheads and their clients are fuckheads news at 11

Can definitely confirm

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So they are going to get some self important fuckwits who don’t know poo poo about gently caress instead of the usual q&a in which

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m a big fan of people giving heartfelt editorials in the style of someone sight reading a language they don’t speak

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Ipswich council can get hosed, we should build a loving incinerator and chuck the entire contents of Ipswich in it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

EoinCannon posted:

This is insane and loving revolting
I shouldn't be surprised but what kind of mind purposefully treats human beings in their care like this in the name of profit?
gently caress

A capitalist

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

show me 3 loving border force pigs that can even loving read

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

bell jar posted:

They were going to have to pay that anyway, if the position was filled by another MP not found arbitrarily ineligible to sit. This is a dumb argument

Even if you accept that, we should still be pursuing costs incurred by the commonwealth as a result of their fraud, legal costs defending the case, administrative costs for putting in place an eligible member, costs of the New England by election, as well as any discretionary expenses they claimed for the entire time they were in parliament (flights, travel, reading material)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lid posted:

Apartment owners who live in blocks with flammable cladding could witness a significant drop in property prices, NSW Labor has warned.

Opposition Better Regulation spokeswoman Yasmin Catley raised concerns homeowners could be affected by a similar house price collapse to Britain, where a resident of a complex clad in panels like those on London's Grenfell Tower recently had her £475,000 ($867,000) home valued at £50,000 ($91,000).

Ms Catley said affected homeowners in NSW could also face huge costs to replace combustible cladding.

“Besides a threat to life and property, the cladding debacle overseen by [the Berejiklian] government stands to have a massive financial impact on property owners.

“Losing up to 90 per cent of the value of a property would spell financial doom for homeowners and investors alike.

She said government figures showed 412 buildings had been identified as high priority because they had cladding that could increase fire risks.

Of those, 170 were residential and 53 were high-rise buildings.

Ms Catley's concerns coincided with changes to home building laws, which the government announced on Sunday, to give residents longer to have unsafe cladding rectified by their builder.

Better Regulation Minister Matt Kean said the change to regulations would mean unsafe external wall cladding that caused or posed a fire safety risk would be classified as a major defect.

“This means anyone who buys a unit or townhouse with unsafe external cladding has the right to get repairs done by the responsible builder for up to six years after the building is completed,” Mr Kean said.

Mr Kean said the protection was the most recent in a series of ongoing reforms about the use of cladding across the state.

NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rose Webb last month called for public submissions about whether a building product use ban was warranted on certain types of external cladding.

“Residents who are concerned about major defects in their building should contact the builder or developer, in the first instance,” Mr Kean said.

It’s almost as if privatising building regulation across the country was a loving terrible idea, thanks PJK and associated state premiers from both parties :thumbsup:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/988018925563592705

lol Australia deserves and will receive death death death

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hooman posted:

My fear is that at the end of this internal investigation we will have yet another level of regulation imposed on MPs when, frankly, what should happen is, I suspect, all the existing MPs should be sacked and people who are much more vigilant and much less complacent [should] go in their place.

I agree assuming by sacked you mean tied in a sack and thrown into lake burley-griffin

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gucci bane posted:

Every small business is guilty of that. I used to work for a pizza shop. They only paid $15 an hour in cash, no super, no penalty, and no tax.

My old boss was pretty surprised when I informed him that casuals accrue long service leave entitlements and that i had been there long enough that he had to pay them out :toot:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

iajanus posted:

How was the rest of your last shift ever?

They were demolishing the bottle shop to put in more car parks and pokies anyway. It doubt it was worth them finding someone to finish up the remaining time before they closed it down.

In full credit to them they didn’t try to fight it or anything, just got independent advice on it and then paid up what they were required to with no arguments and we are still friendly when we occasionally see each other down the shops

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 23, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

This seems like a great way to make disadvantaged people even more invisible than they are in the census

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

Even now the Turk lusts for Vienna

Should have let them have it, would have hosed hitlers plans right up

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Why does turkey even let a bunch of fuckwit citizens of invading powers come and trash the place in remembrance of when they got their poo poo kicked in

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We should start charging Japanese people to come and celebrate the bombing of Darwin imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I don’t know what any of this means I just copied some random words from your twitter

Actually in this case the dees are the rightful owners like the Turks but get slaughtered like the idiot anzacs so it’s a complex analogy they

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol labour’s defence spokesperson Gormless Drone Unit 23 has backed Brendan Nelson’s fuckwit shitbrained idiocy to build a memorial to our first line of defence in the war on human rights

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Before Times posted:

hopefully they'll just execute them and seize their estates instead :d:D

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

This is an amazing policy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The rule of “any headline which asks a question, the answer is no” still holding strong I see

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Betteridge's Law.

:argh:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BBJoey posted:

some dickhead being examined at the royal commission just collapsed, lol

Hey if we can kill off a few bankers it’s all worthwhile regardless of any regulatory change

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s a policy to protect from customers, duh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Peccadillo posted:

Why is Canada the world leader at explicit, manifested can't-get-a-date mass murder

Leftist cucks

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Noted rational actor Crazy Tolradi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cool so Canada has incel terrorists and Melbourne has furries doing smash and grabs

• Locked thread