Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JBP posted:

Why did this idiot let Dutton and other poo poo stains get airtime. Iron fist is the only way to run the liberals. Smdh

This is the worst Iron Fist yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, it's still the Netflix one.

It was offensively bad and stupid.

it's a bastardised line from The Defenders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrR9_KyvpR0

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Rest behind paywall buuuuut....

Greens’ embrace of idiot fringe economics ruins years of credibility

Subsidised mortgages and universal basic income show that the Greens have lost the plot on economic issues, Bernard Keane and Glenn Dyer write.
Bernard Keane and Glenn Dyer

Politics editor / Crikey business and media commentator

Following their Batman debacle, the Greens appear determined to abandon their remaining economic credibility by embracing nonsensical housing and welfare policies: today at the National Press Club, leader Richard Di Natale will announce new policies on the Reserve Bank offering discounted housing mortgages and a universal basic income.

Both policies are the kind of magic pudding stuff that the Greens abandoned years ago in favour of more rational economic policies, including some eventually embraced by the major parties.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
SACK THE BUREAUCRATS NO GODS NO MASTERS

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Oh poo poo 260 new posts is a spill on (has to read 200 posts to find a spill mention that lasts 10 replies)

For fucks sake i should never have brought attention to that crikey article.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
If you cut a piece of bread in half and put a sausage between that is it not a sandwich?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
CNN reports that Ian MacKay – an official with the National Union of Workers – helped set up and run a Facebook page called Black Lives Matter as well as other domain names linked to black rights.

MacKay also registered other websites with links to black rights.

Domain records show that in 2015 he registered a site known as blackpowerfist.com, which operated as a Reddit-like discussion forum that encouraged donations. Historical domain registration details show Mackay used his union email address to register the site.

Archived records on the site describe the site as being “created” by Black Lives Matter to “share the news that mainstream media play down or hide”.

The historical site records state it is “not funded by any other BLM group, George Soros, Ford foundation or Celebrity”.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Remember when this guy was in charge of the schools curriculum

Folau's free speech under attack
By Kevin Donnelly

The attacks on Folau for expressing his views about homosexuality, including the possibility of Qantas withdrawing its rugby sponsorship, highlight the way political correctness is stifling free speech and victimising those daring to question cultural-left orthodoxy.

As a result of the cultural-left’s long march through the institutions (in addition to Qantas you can add the ABC, universities and much of the media), political correctness involving identity politics, privileging victimhood and virtue signalling dominate public policy and debate.

Dr Kevin Donnelly is a Senior Research Fellow at the Australian Catholic University and author of How Political Correctness is Destroying Australia (forthcoming Wilkinson Press).

Lid fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 10, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Senor Tron posted:

Yeah it's worth remembering that no one thought Abbott would ever get near the leadership.

And when be did boy did he prove the naysayers wrong that he would run the party and government into the ground.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Prime Minister Kevin Andrews

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

ewe2 posted:

Aww I'm sorry if the big words are hard.

edit: welp looks like someone wants an election now

https://twitter.com/billshortenmp/status/983496569453404161

Just had a flashback to when ELECTION NOW was a meme here... was that 8 years ago?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Defections incoming

The African nation of Cameroon has lost one-third of its Commonwealth Games team while competing on the Gold Coast.

Earlier, it was revealed five athletes from the African nation had gone missing from the athletes village.

By Wednesday afternoon, Cameroon officials revealed eight out of the 24 athletes on their team had gone missing from their rooms in the games village.

Team Cameroon chef de mission Victor Agbor Nso said he was "sad to announce" the team members had gone missing, and confirmed the athletes - six men and two women - left in three waves.

The first three athletes "left in the night" of April 8, with two declared missing on April 9 and another three leaving their rooms on Tuesday night.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Jailed former NSW Labor minister Eddie Obeid and three of his sons have lost a costly lawsuit against two Independent Commission Against Corruption investigators, in the latest legal defeat for the controversial clan.

Obeid and three of his five sons – Moses, Paul and Eddie junior – have been pursuing ICAC in court since 2016, claiming they suffered reputational and financial harm as a result of a 2012 corruption inquiry into a $30 million coal deal.

The inquiry led to criminal charges against Obeid snr and middle son Moses.

In a scathing judgment delivered in September 2016, Supreme Court justice David Hammerschlag threw out the case and said some of the family's claims bordered on "eccentric".

He ruled in March last year that the Obeids should pay all of the legal costs of the "unreasonable and irresponsible" lawsuit against a raft of ICAC figures, including former commissioner David Ipp, QC, and counsel assisting the inquiry, Sydney barrister Geoffrey Watson, SC.

The clan appealed against the decision in the NSW Court of Appeal, but limited the scope of their case to focus solely on the conduct of two ICAC investigators, Grant Lockley and Paul Grainger, who were involved in a raid of the Obeid family offices at Birkenhead Point in 2011.

The family accused the investigators of misfeasance in public office for filming two incriminating documents that were outside the scope of their search warrant.

On Thursday the Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal. Chief Justice Tom Bathurst – with whom President Margaret Beazley and Justice Mark Leeming agreed – said the family had failed to show the men were aware their actions "would likely cause harm to the appellants or that they were recklessly indifferent to such a risk of harm".

"It was not suggested by the appellants that there was anything damaging in the documents themselves which could cause harm," Chief Justice Bathurst said.

"There is no evidence to suggest either that the respondents had knowledge that the documents were likely to be used in ... a public inquiry and would thereby cause harm, or that they were recklessly indifferent to that risk."

The Obeids were ordered to pay legal costs.

Obeid snr was jailed in December 2016 for a maximum of five years after a Supreme Court jury found him guilty of misconduct for lobbying a senior bureaucrat over his family's secret business interests at Circular Quay.

In March, the High Court refused Obeid special leave to appeal against his conviction and sentence, slamming the door on his final avenue of appeal. He will be eligible for parole on December 15, 2019.

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
A men's squash pairing from Sierra Leone have become the latest African athletes to miss their event at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.

Hours after Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton warned athletes who breached their visa conditions they'd be tracked down, locked up and deported, Sierra Leone's Ernest Jombla and Yusif Mansaray did not appear for their men's doubles match on Thursday morning.

Games officials have confirmed a Rwandan athlete, two Ugandans and potentially one Ghanaian are also missing in action.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
NIMBY NIMBY NIMBY NIMBY

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/rogue-development-re-opening-of-a-sydney-landmark-divides-community-20180413-p4z9in.html

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
NIMBY NIMBY NIMBY NIMBY

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/airbnb-is-gutting-our-community-says-mayor-of-holiday-hotspot-byron-bay-20180409-p4z8j5.html

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Liberal MPs are fuming and embarrassed over a push from within their own branches for the promotion of gay conversion therapy and removal of discrimination protections for gay people, with one MP describing it as a "dark" throwback to the 19th century.

The Victorian Liberal Party's state council will debate a motion calling for the law to be changed to ensure doctors "can offer counselling out of same-sex attraction or gender transitioning", as Fairfax Media revealed at the weekend.

The proposal, from a Young Liberal branch linked to veteran federal MP Kevin Andrews, also says the state government should give parents and minors "full information about the psychological harms of social, medical and surgical gender transitioning".

A separate motion from the Geelong senior branch calls for "sexual orientation" to be removed entirely from the federal Sex Discrimination Act, enabling discrimination against LGBTI people, and replaced with the terms "man" and "woman".

Several federal MPs from Victoria were also incensed about the proposals but were reluctant to comment due to upcoming preselections. They pointed the finger at hard-right powerbroker and rising star Marcus Bastiaan, but also the party's state president, Michael Kroger.

"It is crap, it is bullshit this stuff," one said. Another said the motions should "die a quiet death". However, MPs noted they were not beholden to any motions passed at the meeting, to be held later in April.

Liberal MP Warren Entsch, a long-time LGBTI advocate in the party, said the proposals should not be taken too seriously even if they were "bloody offensive".

Lid fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 16, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Close its a dark throwback the 20th and 21st century

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Weren't the Victorian Liberals taken over by happy clappy churches and other religious crazies?

And the literal mafia! Conservative Roman Catholics running wild/drugs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The President of Azerbaijan took over from his father in 2003. His wife is the Vice-President. And last week he was re-elected with 86 per cent of the vote after a boycott by opposition parties.

Liberal MP Craig Kelly says Australia needs to learn from the country's electoral system.

The south-west Sydney MP travelled to the former Soviet nation for the second time last week as leader of a delegation to observe its presidential election. In comments that riled Armenians in Australia, Mr Kelly was quoted in Azerbaijan media saying he had witnessed a "coherent, democratic process" and "an election organisation that surpassed Australia's experience".

"We, together with my colleagues, will undoubtedly bring the useful experience home," he said.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ipswich Deputy Mayor Wayne Wendt pointed to the ABC Four Corners program on waste last year, saying contamination inside yellow lid recycle bins has since doubled.

Umm... i think ypu got the wrong lesson from Ipswich's appearance in that 4 Corners episode...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
How do we view shoplifters?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bell jar posted:

For some reason we don't have a cultural hatred of old people trying to live on Government money when they could feasibly work :eek:

We can't have this both ways - we also know an issue with the current workforce is that they aren't retiring and job positions are being limited by them not retiring. Either we want them to go or work forever.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ipswich City Council has pledged to start recycling again, announcing an "interim solution" to its rubbish problem after its decision to cease recycling sparked a major furore.

The council will look to hire a short-term recycling contractor, for up to six months, so it can stop dumping recycling from residents' yellow top bins in landfill.

Just two days ago, Ipswich mayor Andrew Antoniolli said the city had ceased recycling, arguing contractor costs would have risen by $2 million per year, equating to a 1.5 to 2 per cent rate rise for residents, as a result of a Chinse clampdown on imported recyclable material.

It was later revealed recycling had been taken to landfill for four weeks before residents were informed.

Cr Antoniolli also blamed the city's unacceptably high "contamination rate" in yellow top bins, with 52 per cent of materials unable to be recycled.

In contrast, in Brisbane, 93 per cent of materials placed in yellow top bins are able to be recycled.

In a statement released on Friday afternoon, Cr Antoniolli said the council had been upfront with the people.

"We have proudly sparked a national debate on council waste management practice," he said.

"This is an issue of global significance, and our position is strong."

Cr Antoniolli said the short-term contract was an interim solution, but it was now up to the people of Ipswich to ensure they were using yellow top bins properly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Daily Telegraph’s attempt to again amend its defence in the defamation lawsuit brought by the actor Geoffrey Rush has been rejected by a federal court judge.

Justice Michael Wigney also dismissed a bid by the newspaper to launch a cross-claim against Sydney Theatre Company, describing the proposal as “very weak if not tenuous”.

The 66-year-old Oscar-winner is suing the Telegraph and and its journalist, Jonathon Moran, in the federal court over stories published in late 2017 alleging Rush behaved inappropriately with a colleague during a Sydney Theatre Company production of King Lear in 2015. Rush has rejected the allegations.

The Telegraph denies the articles made Rush out to be a pervert and a predator, arguing no allegations of a sexual nature were made.

Wigney on Friday said Rush, like any litigant, was entitled to expect his defamation claim would be resolved as quickly, inexpensively and efficiently as possible. But, regrettably, the approach taken by Nationwide News and Moran in defending the claim “threatens to stymie or frustrate” that objective, the judge said.

“It would be fair to say that while Nationwide and Mr Moran were quick to publish, they have been slow to defend.”

Wigney set the defamation hearing down for 3 September and ordered the parties to mediate at a time yet to be set.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Apartment owners who live in blocks with flammable cladding could witness a significant drop in property prices, NSW Labor has warned.

Opposition Better Regulation spokeswoman Yasmin Catley raised concerns homeowners could be affected by a similar house price collapse to Britain, where a resident of a complex clad in panels like those on London's Grenfell Tower recently had her £475,000 ($867,000) home valued at £50,000 ($91,000).

Ms Catley said affected homeowners in NSW could also face huge costs to replace combustible cladding.

“Besides a threat to life and property, the cladding debacle overseen by [the Berejiklian] government stands to have a massive financial impact on property owners.

“Losing up to 90 per cent of the value of a property would spell financial doom for homeowners and investors alike.

She said government figures showed 412 buildings had been identified as high priority because they had cladding that could increase fire risks.

Of those, 170 were residential and 53 were high-rise buildings.

Ms Catley's concerns coincided with changes to home building laws, which the government announced on Sunday, to give residents longer to have unsafe cladding rectified by their builder.

Better Regulation Minister Matt Kean said the change to regulations would mean unsafe external wall cladding that caused or posed a fire safety risk would be classified as a major defect.

“This means anyone who buys a unit or townhouse with unsafe external cladding has the right to get repairs done by the responsible builder for up to six years after the building is completed,” Mr Kean said.

Mr Kean said the protection was the most recent in a series of ongoing reforms about the use of cladding across the state.

NSW Fair Trading Commissioner Rose Webb last month called for public submissions about whether a building product use ban was warranted on certain types of external cladding.

“Residents who are concerned about major defects in their building should contact the builder or developer, in the first instance,” Mr Kean said.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

DancingShade posted:

I can't wait for a rise in articles about "vanishing in the night" phoenix builders & developers.

Friendly reminder Salim Mehajar's "job" was property developer and him on the council was just to get his own work done. Would you be happy to hear all your blocks wete made by Salim and Co?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Exempting the big four banks from the Turnbull government’s planned corporate tax cut would “punish” their customers, shareholders, staff and the economy, the Business Council of Australia has claimed.

On Tuesday the BCA appeared before a Senate inquiry that was called in response to the council’s non-binding commitment that its members would increase investment if the company tax cut was passed.

The inquiry comes as public outrage at revelations of widespread misconduct in the banking royal commission makes the Coalition’s task in advocating for its 10-year company tax plan increasingly difficult.

The BCA chief executive, Jennifer Westacott, said the evidence heard by the banking royal commission was “deeply concerning”.

She said there should be “swift, decisive” action by regulators and banks should repair the harm they had caused their customers. But Westacott said the parliament should not “throw the baby out with the bathwater” by exempting them from company tax cuts, as senator Derryn Hinch has suggested.

“To use tax policy to punish a sector of the economy will only punish their customers, shareholders and staff,” she said. “Taking a populist punishment action is not the way to deal with revelations of the royal commission.”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I'M ALL IN ON BITCOIN

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Insert here that batshit oped in the relegraph about how we need to reclaim the sea

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Anidav posted:

Scott Morrison is set to announce a 10 year plan of gradually reducing income tax over 10 years

To pay for this income tax cut we are also reducing minimum wage requirements.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

BBJoey posted:

some dickhead being examined at the royal commission just collapsed, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrWSx46NlI4

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Just prior to Mr McMaster's collapse, Mr Costello said to Mr McMaster: "I put it to you, it is Orwellian to describe this as a client protection policy". This was because the policy protected Dover but not its clients.

Mr McMaster said it was regretable that the document had been called a client protection policy but said it was there to protect all parties.

Mr Costello then asked Mr McMaster if he was being misleading in his answers. Shortly thereafter Mr McMaster could be heard breathing heavily before collapsing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Looten Plunder and Hoggish Greedly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
You cant kill me if i kill myself!

*Saren shoots Saren*

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Konomex posted:

Jihadists believe they'll get 72 virgins in heaven.
The IRA were catholics (right?) and Catholics believe they shouldn't even masturbate or it will offend God.
This incel drove his van into a bunch of people.

Guys, I think I've worked out what makes a terrorist and it isn't radicalisation. It's a lack of sex.

ISIS literal sex slavery

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Iggy Azalea has once again landed herself in hot water.

Whether it's Azelia Banks labelling her "Satan in the form of mayonnaise" – or people claiming she appropriates African American speech – the Australian rapper's relationship with racial politics has been fraught at best.

Things have once again come to a head following a recent interview with GQ. During the interview, the singer said discussions about her privilege are a "rough conversation".

"I understand that in America there is institutionalised racism and there is privilege that comes with the colour of your skin," she said. "That's real. I grew up in a situation that didn't involve any privilege and I worked really hard.

"A lot of my childhood is overlooked. People assume they know my life because Australia is a nice, beautiful country. It's tough because I want you to acknowledge my work and that this wasn't easy, but I also don't want to detract from or trvialise any people of colours' position because that's also legitimate."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Labor with the miracle win-win policy

Its a blue moon

quote:

The Labor Party has pledged to abolish the Goods and Services Tax on tampons if it wins the next election and instead raise extra money on alternative health treatments that are currently exempt from the GST.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/neighbours-at-war-as-parking-dispute-returns-to-court-20180427-p4zc0t.html

NIMY NIMBY NIMBY... NIM... i literally have no idea what the gently caress this is about actually, why the gently caress is this the lead article on smh what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-honestly-can-t-recall-says-alp-fixer-35-times-20180429-p4zcbv.html

Bechara Khouri, currently starring in a corruption inquiry into allegations of corrupt planning decisions at the former Canterbury Council, appears to have an unfortunate connection with the corruption watchdog.

His brother was jailed for lying to the Independent Commission Against Corruption and his former business partner Eddie Obeid is in jail following a corruption inquiry into his family’s cafe leases.

Once described in State Parliament as Obeid’s "fixer", the 61-year-old "facilitator" (as he prefers to be known) is well known in Labor circles.

The inquiry has heard that Mr Khouri was receiving $15,000 a month from developer Charlie Demian and $8000 a month from property developer Dyldam.

According to corporate records, he is also in business with the wife of another property developer for whom he was lobbying.

On 35 occasions while in the witness box Mr Khouri used the word "honestly" when he couldn’t help the commission. "I honestly can’t remember", "I can't remember, honestly", "I honestly can’t, I’d lie to you if I tell you I remember anything" and "I would love to assist but I honestly and sincerely can’t recall," he said.

This is the third inquiry in which Mr Khouri has been mentioned. In 2005, the ICAC found that then-Strathfield mayor John Abi-Saab and others had staged an elaborate sting during which they filmed Mr Abi-Saab’s successor as mayor, Alfred Tsang, accepting a bribe.

A group of local Lebanese property developers who were friends and associates of then powerbroker Obeid and his lifelong friend Mr Abi-Saab stood to lose millions of dollars as the new mayor planned to overturn previous favourable development decisions.

The inquiry heard that the late Mr Abi-Saab tried to blackmail Mr Tsang with the tape of the bribe but Mr Tsang not only refused to resign but he gave the money back and dobbed himself in to the ICAC.

During the attempt to oust the mayor, the corruption watchdog was intercepting Mr Abi-Saab’s calls.

"Did you fix the testicle?" they heard Mr Khouri ask. "So did they pull out the varicose vein or not yet?"

"Not yet," Mr Abi-Saab replied.

"So the doctor told you you have to wait a little," Mr Khouri said, before adding: "Yeah, that's good. So long as it doesn't affect the penis."

Mr Abi-Saab said Mr Khouri was "always joking like that" and denied that "fixing the testicle" referred to removing the mayor.

Mr Abi-Saab said of his friend: "We meet regularly, we discuss different things. Politics and council and Labor branches and stacking and things like that … "

In an interview with the Herald in 2015, Mr Khouri insisted that his conversation with Mr Abi-Saab about testicles and penises was a reference to Mr Khouri’s bicycle accident.

"The steering wheel went through my bottom side," he said at the time.

A jury later acquitted Mr Abi-Saab of blackmail but he received a suspended jail term after pleading guilty to conspiring to give false evidence to the ICAC.

Mr Khouri was also mentioned at the 2003 inquiry into whether Obeid had solicited a $1 million bribe on behalf of the ALP to smooth the path for the Oasis project, a joint development by the Canterbury League Club and Liverpool Council.

An allegation was aired that Mr Khouri had threatened an earthmover with getting no work on the Oasis project if he did not pay $50,000.

In his final report Commissioner John Slattery found no corruption on the part of Obeid or anyone else. He also noted that the earthmover had changed his position on the bribe allegation several times and, in the end, had told the commission that "he had paid Mr Bechara Khoury (sic) $30,000 but this was in relation to other consultancy work" not related to the Oasis project.

In March 2010, Mr Khouri’s brother Elias was jailed for 2½ years for lying to the ICAC.

Elias Khoury, the parish priest at St Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Church in Punchbowl, pleaded guilty to falsifying community service orders for two offenders and then lying about it to investigators from the ICAC.

Father Khoury’s sentence was later reduced after an appeal court accepted that he was of ''limited intellectual ability'' and that his skills as a parish priest "had always been well below the level expected".

Mr Khouri will return to give further evidence at the second tranche of the commission’s inquiry in June.

New South Wales

• Locked thread