Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Sorry I went to bed

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...erberg-tim-cook

There was a more extensive article by Fairfax before Facebook addressed the leak as a "bug involving drafts"

But using any Google search for articles on Facebook is useless given it just brings up Facebook itself lol.

But basically the smartphone app automatically uploads what it considers "drafts" to Facebook. Photos, videoes, mic recordings.

That's what I read yesterday on Brisbane Times but the article has since died since Facebook called it a "bug" :tinfoil:

What's the point of writing an article showing things if the editor will later trash your article to plug Facebook's PR line of attack.

The article I read is gone but this one on the guardian is mostly in tact.

Hey this says draft videos were kept by the FB branded desktop camera and not mobiles, wtf anidav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

tithin posted:

I legitimately couldn't read this. It was not a good article.

:same: You really needed to be in the Twitter bubble to follow some of that.

I got the point that Left_Of_Labor claims to have a direct line to Twitter support and is using it to get people suspended for spurious reasons but then the article just... kept... going... and read more like a "gently caress you twitter why u ban me" after a while.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Michaelia Cash strikes again!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

The whole point is universal means universal, no tests besides maybe whether you exist

Saves so much time and money in means testing and bureaucracy

I think there'd have to be some testing around relationships at least - MrsMachineGun hasn't worked for years now but doesn't claim Centrelink and doesn't have to as I make enough to support the both of us.

If we got UBI and she started getting a wage (and I wouldn't get any extra, which is fair enough) it'd feel a little weird. Would that be a scenario we're cool with? I'm certainly not rich or anything but I'm sure there's plenty of people out there with wealthy partners who don't work and don't need to.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Fair enough, just floating it as a thought. If it ever gained traction in Australia you know that would be (one of) the tacks they'd use on Today Tonight, ACA, et al.

And sorry, I should've said MrsMG hasn't been in paid employment for years, of course she works.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If we could find a way to tip the scales from having to "work to live" to "working if you want to" even a little that would be a good thing IMO.

Some weeks with overtime and other things it feels like I barely get any time with my daughter and that is not good OP

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don't engage Amethyst

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Zenithe posted:

You'd still get more money for working though, which would be enough reason for many I think.

Oh absolutely. I'd keep my job if UBI were a thing since I'm not exactly working in the salt mines here. It may enable me to take more leave without pay since with a young and growing family all my leave gets taken up already.

The Peccadillo posted:

How about "abolish work"

God that would rule

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bigis posted:

Also your average joe would probably buy more booze with that extra money so it would go straight back into taxes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hobo Erotica posted:

/\/\ Well done

You guys are being really weird and mean here

Amethyst is a serial shitposter who trolls and runs

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Amethyst posted:

I do NOT run.

Get some exercise then and gently caress off

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I live right next to the taco bell

Right next door to bell
Why don't you write a letter to me yeah
I said I'm right next door to bell
An so many eyes are on me
Right next door to bell
I got nowhere else to be
Right next door to bell
Feels like the tacos closing in on me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Betoota?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"How many billions of dollars have we poured into the Aboriginal industry?"

nooooooooooo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tasmantor posted:

This is dumb as gently caress

That's all you need

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP's post-apocalyptic fantasies aside, don't forget this is just NSW Greens policy. Not necesarily all of it will be adopted federally.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Title at the end needed work. "Newspoll Day" for starters

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bigis posted:

If Kazuma Kiryu literally isn’t PM tomorrow I’m gonna be mad

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

trust me, motherfucker knows real estate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Only because he delegates it all to a bird

AND Michael Jackson!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I don't get why rich people are appearing publicly to act poor when any journalists worth their weight can pick up on the fact that they are actually rich as gently caress

The journalists don't give a gently caress op

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Les Affaires posted:

Honestly we should just confiscate all super and replace it with a doubling of the retirement pension (and newstart) and be done with it.

What? No. That's stupid.

What we should do is fix the stupid system so people with huge amounts of super don't get the following:

1. The pension
2. Franking credits
3. Any position to speak from at all. If you have over $2M in super you cannot call talkback radio or appear in newspaper columns

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How convenient. Another woman to blame for poor prime ministerial performance.

Amazing how these misogynists (especially Abbott) who don't recognise women in positions of power need a woman to tell them what to do at all hours of the day.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Les Affaires posted:

Why should we continue fixing a system that rewards hoarding during your working life in the promise of a comfortable retirement? That just creates a perfect alignment of class with age, and has put us in the situation we're in now.

Superannuation takes some pressure off of the state to provide care in later life by having a mandatory savings account for working people. If you don't earn enough or aren't working at all you won't get it but you will get the pension. This core idea of it seems sound to me.

What's gone wrong is years and years of changes to benefits, superannuation and what count as assets as multiple governments chase the grey-haired vote. Instead of a person who has been paid well and saved lots of super not being a burden on the state in retirement, we get is capitalist scumbags dodging taxes while they work and then reducing their measurable income in retirement to suck on the public teat when they don't need to.

I think if we were to remove super altogether a lot of people would be completely hosed come age 70 or would need to keep working forever as our society doesn't really encourage wise saving for tomorrow, let alone 40 years in the future. If super were used properly - that is to say, invested in good shares while it's being earned and then being used to keep you off the pension in retirement it's a net benefit to society.

Removing levers to reduce your measurable income and introducing an estate tax would go a long way to "fixing" super without having to kill it off entirely.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yes, Libs will jump to the Australian Conservatives, the party that only got one member in SA who then immediately defected to the Libs

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Worse. ABC

It's in the Guardian too

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cory's going to fizzle out after his current Senate run, mark my words.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Periphery posted:

If we had a UBI would we be able to scrap the whole super system? My initial thought is yes, but I haven't really contemplated the impact of a UBI on super before.

UBI would absolutely remove the pension, so you could theoretically say super is no longer needed as well. People can just save for retirement under their own steam.

G-Spot Run posted:

Is "virtue signalling" some sort of red pill poo poo for describing people with a conscience?

It's honestly only used by sociopaths who don't know what empathy is. "You're only saying this to score points with 'oppressed minority' but you don't really believe it".

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

So is everyone in the PMs office a child molester now?

Only now?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

Aww I'm sorry if the big words are hard.

edit: welp looks like someone wants an election now

https://twitter.com/billshortenmp/status/983496569453404161

tbh that's a pretty good list

we'll have to see how far it goes, though. if the Labs get in someone should follow him around with that on a big checklist

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Parties tend to put up fleshed out policies on their websites but honestly no one reads that poo poo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP are you Chris Kenny or Paul Murray, that would explain your hot takes and Yasmin-hate while also saving us all a lot of time

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's amazing how they're crying about there was a lot more strike action in the 60s and 70s compared to now when we're not allowed to strike any more

It's like saying that the amount of complaints have gone down now that we've sewed everybody's lips shut

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm not sure how rolling back rights for minorities and openly supporting the mafia is an effective election strategy but dammit I'd love to see them try only to get absolutely smashed

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

that's not what the video is about?

That's what the chyron says :ssh:

Is this about the video posted or something else?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Weird to watch the LNP under Deb go full Bernadi on us.

Aren't there legitimate medical instances where a baby may have both sets of sexual organs? Or for it to be difficult to determine their biological gender? I ask because I can see that coming up long before some super woke couple try to say their baby doesn't conform to your stereotypes, man.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Shame it wasn't the CEO's house/car/face

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Peta Credlin having a meltdown about 4 mins in.

I think her robotic, monotone delivery would have to change for it to be classified as a meltdown

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulfarrell/indigenous-children-are-18-times-more-likely-to-be-placed

What we learned about STMP last year was based on a small amount of information but the NSW Greens have released more complete data

Cops are loving morons, news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

I'm not reading all this poo poo but I will let everyone skip to the best part in this link http://stopturnbull.com/

Hey, we really need to trash this Turnbull guy. Get a photo where he's looking young and handsome and fill up 1/3rd of the screen with it for the whole site!

• Locked thread