Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Periphery posted:

Yeah, it's probably not worth picking the fight with the super industry and pensioners when business seems to have mostly accepted it and pays for it.

I do like your idea of super. One thing I've always thought about super is that a large % of it should just go into a government infrastructure fund that is used to fund nation building projects and pays out a pretty much guaranteed return like a government bond would. Essentially force it into generating assets for the whole community at the same time as paying for peoples retirement. Of course I haven't thought about the complexities and implications of that too much - beyond the obvious risk that all our politicians are giant idiots and will spend it on the worst possible poo poo.

That’s not a risk, it’s a guarantee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yeah, everyone wishes they could be as manly as a baby cow.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

G-Spot Run posted:

Well this is certainly a development. I hope someone wasn't holding onto the strings for the right timing but who the gently caress are we kidding, these people are shitstains of humanity.

Prime Minister's Department employee arrested amid allegations of indecent acts against minors

It’s extremely cool and good that we get this news like a week after the PM announces more money to catch online predators.

(I guess it worked lol)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Mad As Hell more like Good As gently caress

Always.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A bit late but: what’s the term for reverse virtue signaling? Like when someone mentions they’re a vegetarian and some rear end in a top hat says they’ll eat twice as many burgers to make up for it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cheese-cube posted:

Are you posting from MS Word or something? Those angled quotes are messed up.

Also they're called idiots.

That's the first complaint I've had but apparently it's an ios feature (that I just turned off.)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's cool to keep referring to these people as "Africans" in these stories, just like Australians would be cool with being called Asians.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bell jar posted:

I think describing a group of people from multiple countries in Africa as African is perfectly normal, just as a group of Australians and New Zealanders would be called Australasians, but you do you dude

lol "Australasians"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If John Howard heard people using these terms he would roll over in his grave.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I could see them rolling out Bishop to take the fall but I don't think she's dumb enough to do it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Donald Trump himself personally intervened to ensure she would not be able to enter the country.

The reverse-Dutton.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That sounds dumb but: a game of skill and you go into the virtual reality and kill the enemy, lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If we're not just shipping it all to Ipswich we could always hand the garbage sorting job to work for the dole lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is this poo poo going to be built before Labor gets in?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hooman posted:

Comedy gold.

His argument is nearly identical to Federal ICAC now.

I also love Barnaby, "I got caught breaking the rules, therefore it's the rules that are wrong and dumb". It's like Bolt with 18C.

According to Turnbull he wasn't breaking the rules because the rules didn't exist until after Barnaby was caught out.

We've had the new rules for a couple of months now so I guess it's time for some deregulation.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hopefully this backlash against the banks puts all the loving tax cuts on ice for now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It it fair to blame the heavy chunk of patriotism now stapled to ANZAC day on John Howard?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Starshark posted:

AUSPOL APRIL: Getting game refunds from Valve

Consumer protections are good and relevant.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Konomex posted:

So now I can buy Early Access games and when they inevitably fail to hit their benchmark I can just get my money back?

Hello free games forever.

free "games"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Yes but some games never come out of early access like Ark or Elite Dangerous (kinda). They sort of just stick in the eternal beta status and launch expansion packs or something. It's kinda misleading from a consumer standpoint.

Early Access games have a habit of stalling development once they get some money from suckers.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Reminder that as over-the-top negative as the forums are now about Star Citizen, the original thread was super invested in the game.

Something to keep in mind when discussing the people who have been suckered in.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Come election time Labor should run endless ads showing Turnbull talking about not needing a commission alongside footage of the results of the uneeded royal commission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Media Watch: apparently channel nine is trying to sell Myanmar as a tourist destination (lol.)

• Locked thread