Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Chuck ded. If anyone was questioning that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

August 8th, great to have a date. I was wondering if this show was coming back or not.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Which means by October something interesting will happen on screen!

i'm a broken record on this but it's so loving dumb shows don't drop an entire season all at once.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Even streaming is phasing it out now. We may eventually get to a point where all Netflix/Prime type shows release in like 3 episode blocks or something.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

:toot: I am so loving pumped.

Also, Balki Bulky, seeing you post reminds me of how we don't have any more Leftovers to watch, unlike last year, when we had it, BCS, AND Twin Peaks.

2017 for tv was incredible.

Hi, Rupert. It really was incredible but the beat goes on and worthy shows keep popping up. I thought Barry was great and I'm all in on Westworld. As much as I miss The Leftovers, I can't bring myself to rewatch it yet. It's too soon. I feel like I need more time to process it. Sad it's not back but wow, did it ever go out on top.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

It would have been so easy for Gilligan to have phoned in a few episodes of The Whacky Adventures of Saul Goodman, Criminal Lawyer and handed it off to other people when AMC wanted a spinoff. It would have done fine, too.

I love that instead of doing that, he took this relatively minor character, trusted that Odenkirk could deliver so much more, built an amazing cast and world around him, and created this beautiful family tragedy.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I know a few people who were huge BB fans yet haven't gotten into BCS because they just assume it's this whacky half-measured BB spinoff. Hell, I was probably the same until the latter half of season 1.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm a broken record on this but it's so loving dumb shows don't drop an entire season all at once.

I don't know. It's awesome to get to binge watch a whole season of a show in a day or two. But it really loving sucks to then have to wait a year for more. Or in the case of BCS, drat near a year and a half.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao i've never seen a wronger take about a piece of media and we have a whole subforum that defends the star wars prequels.

what? no we don't, it's like three dudes on that subforum (who tbf are very loud about it)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't know. It's awesome to get to binge watch a whole season of a show in a day or two. But it really loving sucks to then have to wait a year for more. Or in the case of BCS, drat near a year and a half.

Wasn't there a year and a half wait between seasons 3 and 4 of BB? I had binges it about 2 months before s4 started, and vaguely remember people saying the wait was longer than expected.

Then again, with that cliffhanger, any wait would've been too long.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's wacky, not whacky. "Whacky" doesn't even get past the spellcheck :colbert::cripes:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
As in, this show is nowhere near as wacky as I thought it would be- BB had some of it too and it was the rare moment of humor in an otherwise dark story.

pizzaonroof.gifv

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

you're not waiting all that much longer comparatively. it find it sucks more waiting each week for the next episode then waiting almost as long for the next season.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I know a few people who were huge BB fans yet haven't gotten into BCS because they just assume it's this whacky half-measured BB spinoff. Hell, I was probably the same until the latter half of season 1.

i stopped watching it halfway through the first season because it was such slow going. came back when season 2 got released at netflix and devoured everything i hadn't watched and then got mad i hate to wait for season 3 to start.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Better Call Saul's pacing is extraordinarily deliberate and I wouldn't have it any other way because it makes the moments of catharsis so much more satisfying.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's like someone ripping off a scab in slow motion

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Show needs less Mike.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Show needs less Mike.
The wrongest take on this.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Solice Kirsk posted:

Show needs more Mike.

FTFY

Not only does the show need more Mike, Mike deserves his own spinoff series.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I've tried getting people into the wire who say "they don't like cop shows". Know when to cut your losses.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've tried getting people into the wire who say "they don't like cop shows black people". Know when to cut your losses family.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Show needs less Mike.

what.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Better Call Saul's pacing is extraordinarily deliberate and I wouldn't have it any other way because it makes the moments of catharsis so much more satisfying.

right. but it works a whole lot better when you can watch the whole season in one go.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I love Mike and don't necessarily agree with wanting less of him, but I will say that there seems to be far more Saul storyline left to tell than Mike storyline. If they didn't really delve into Mike any further, I wouldn't mind so much, at this point.

I do love watching him do cool Detective poo poo, though. Definitely want more of that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the mike storyline isn't just mike though. it's also gus fring and co.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

the mike storyline isn't just mike though. it's also gus fring and co.

I suppose, but I feel like we've hit the peak of that now that Hector is down. However, with Vince and the writers, I'm sure we have a bunch of crazy poo poo left to happen.

Plus literally everything related to Nacho.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
One thing I'm not totally clear on - why did Saul go into hiding?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Small White Dragon posted:

because he was closely involved with Walter and therefore cartel business and would have gone down too

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

criminal lawyer

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Jesse started cooperating with the feds.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Saul didn't just provide legal advice. He helped them get in contact with other criminals and launder money and stuff.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
He was very much a loose end as the empire started to crumble

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

And Walt wasn't exactly a criminal genius so once the feds got to him and they started poking around Saul's business - that's the end of him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I gotta know; are you asking this from the perspective of someone who watched Breaking Bad? Or have you only seen BCS?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

I suppose, but I feel like we've hit the peak of that now that Hector is down.

I read this the wrong way and panicked thinking Mark Margolis died.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

I read this the wrong way and panicked thinking Mark Margolis died.

Christ, I hope not, sorry :ohdear:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I do still love this show dearly, but I'm really hoping they can make the plot move a little faster. I'm torn because I love Mike and his slow, methodical scenes, but I'll echo some of the other sentiments that they don't seem to push much forward.

Also the podcast isn't quite as good as it used to be. There's a looot of self-congratulatory stuff and introductions (who went to what film school, etc) in there, and less production/story details.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Christ, I hope not, sorry :ohdear:

He is alive and well last I checked and the failure was mine, my man. :respek:

TVC
May 10, 2018

by Lowtax
I'm on the fly in the lab episode of my rewatch of BB and I'm starting to question the good will of human kind.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Get ready to meet Lalo :toot:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-bosses-breaking-bad-crossover-season-4-1121993

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
So I'm watching through season 3 now that it is on netflix, and man watching Jimmy manipulate this group of old women is breaking my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can someone give me an extended gif of Chuck falling down in the Kinko's, please and thank you.

• Locked thread