Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i know the guy who was working at the kinkos. went to college with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

i know the guy who was working at the kinkos. went to college with him.

did he really work at a Kinkos?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he did not, he did stand up.

i used to lift with officer bennett from orange is the new black in college.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Season 4 start date is August 6th.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Here's some pictures and stuff from season 4.
https://tvline.com/2018/06/29/better-call-saul-season-4-spoilers-photos-preview-amc-the-cousins-superlab/

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Trailer
http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/02/better-call-saul-season-4-trailer-exclusive/

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm super stoked for S4, BB/BCS is one of my favorite series.

Does anyone have any theories for how S4 will play out?

My two main ones are:

1.) At least briefly, Jimmy will be blamed (as in, considered a suspect for murder) for Chuck's death. Might last a few minutes, might a few episodes but it will come up.

2.) I think Kim might slide into some sort of substance abuse. The line she gave about getting the "good stuff" (opiates) seemed a little... off to me. Between that and the video store scene, I see a penchant for escapism.

Also, a friend of mine mentioned she reminds him of a "reformed party girl" - eg was in a small town, having fun, went off to college and straighted out and is now super straight laced because they know what they are capable of if they let loose. I'm not sure I buy it but apparent it's a lawyer trope? :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Everyone I know who's ever been on painkillers (Tylenol 3, anything with codeine in it) has at one time, when comparing it to the OTC dosage, referred to it as 'the good stuff'. I didn't take that line as odd at all.

I do think Kim's career will ultimately be ruined by Jimmy, indirectly, and she will leave his life forever.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Caganer posted:

My two main ones are:

1.) At least briefly, Jimmy will be blamed (as in, considered a suspect for murder) for Chuck's death. Might last a few minutes, might a few episodes but it will come up.

I really hope nothing like this happens since it sounds like contrived drama and the evidence of Chuck's mental health, messed up house and Jimmy's alibi would make the whole case incredibly shaky.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

khwarezm posted:

I really hope nothing like this happens since it sounds like contrived drama and the evidence of Chuck's mental health, messed up house and Jimmy's alibi would make the whole case incredibly shaky.

yeah I will have to re-watch but IIRC wasn't Kim with him when Chuck was having his suicidal kick-fit?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Jimmy won't be blamed in a legal sense, but I suspect he will be blamed socially by people like Hamlin and others who knew and respected Chuck in the law community.

E: also it's been a while since I've seen BB, who is Lalo again?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Colonel Whitey posted:

Jimmy won't be blamed in a legal sense, but I suspect he will be blamed socially by people like Hamlin and others who knew and respected Chuck in the law community.

comedy option: it's not jimmy who is blamed, but howard - for encouraging his behavior rather than get him treatment and risk someone saying he's not competent and must give up his partnership

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Caganer posted:

comedy option: it's not jimmy who is blamed, but howard - for encouraging his behavior rather than get him treatment and risk someone saying he's not competent and must give up his partnership

I could see Jimmy taking Howard to court over Chuck's share of the company and using this as an argument in his favor.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao i've never seen a wronger take about a piece of media and we have a whole subforum that defends the star wars prequels.

This show's season can be rolled up in a 15 minute recap and still put people to sleep. This isn't a slow burn, this is watching a ton of Uranium 238 decay into lead.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 13, 2018

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
is chuck still technically married?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Colonel Whitey posted:

Lalo was mentioned by Saul in Breaking Bad when Jesse and Walter kidnap him and take him to the desert. Saul cowardly cries "it wasn't me! It was Ignacio! (Nacho)" when Jesse and Walt look confused, Saul catches on quickly and asks "what Lalo didn't send you?"

It's originally there to show that Saul is involved with some shady characters, but they're making it continuity in BCS.

I want to know the story about Saul finding his wife in bed with his stepfather.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I want to know the story about Saul finding his wife in bed with his stepfather.

I think Saul may occasionally take creative license with the truth...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Caught him giving her the chicago sunroof and the car was at the shop

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

R-Type posted:

This show's season can be rolled up in a 15 minute recap and still put people to sleep. This isn't a slow burn, this is watching a ton of Uranium 238 decay into lead.

it doesn't make it less wrong when you repeat it.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Better Call Saul is good :colbert:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Caganer posted:

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I'm super stoked for S4, BB/BCS is one of my favorite series.

Does anyone have any theories for how S4 will play out?

My two main ones are:

2.) I think Kim might slide into some sort of substance abuse. The line she gave about getting the "good stuff" (opiates) seemed a little... off to me. Between that and the video store scene, I see a penchant for escapism.

Also, a friend of mine mentioned she reminds him of a "reformed party girl" - eg was in a small town, having fun, went off to college and straighted out and is now super straight laced because they know what they are capable of if they let loose. I'm not sure I buy it but apparent it's a lawyer trope? :shrug:

I'm thinking that Chuck's death (suicide) and Jimmy's part in hastening it - real or imagined - will be what drives the wedge between him and Kim.

I'm recalling the part in S3 when she was going over the documents with her friend with the bank deal, and she got really upset and bitchy with her when she made a smart remark about Chuck losing his poo poo trying to get their business back.

I think on some level she blames Jimmy for Chuck's meltdown.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

season 4 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gxAGhIKNi8

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

From everything that I'm hearing, this season is going to be goddamned dark.

:toot:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Super can't wait for this. Super hope Kim isn't an opiate addict.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

MightyJoe36 posted:

I'm thinking that Chuck's death (suicide) and Jimmy's part in hastening it - real or imagined - will be what drives the wedge between him and Kim.

I'm recalling the part in S3 when she was going over the documents with her friend with the bank deal, and she got really upset and bitchy with her when she made a smart remark about Chuck losing his poo poo trying to get their business back.

I think on some level she blames Jimmy for Chuck's meltdown.

yeah i think something needs to happen for jimmy to get all weird and MRA-y like he did.

maybe that anger at howard from the trailer will transform into passion... and howard will become our ted

Sub Rosa posted:

Super can't wait for this. Super hope Kim isn't an opiate addict.

i hope so too. it could be good old fashioned alcoholism too but i think she's going to abuse something she puts into her body

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Caganer posted:

i think she's going to abuse something she puts into her body

Jimmy.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

:lol:

also, read this in chuck's voice

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Caganer posted:

:lol:

also, read this in chuck's voice

Do you think Saul took Chuck's voice?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Oh hell yes, that trailer has me pumped for this new season. I hope Howard gets featured a bunch because he's such an interesting character.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The creepy mafia twins are absolutely fantastic. I love how they pop up in S3 and everything suddenly turns into a horror movie.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Comic con trailer, I think this one is a bit better edited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5J7l2ovKM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Caganer posted:

Better Call Saul is good :colbert:

it's the best show on tv and it aint close.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Cluncho McChunk posted:

Oh hell yes, that trailer has me pumped for this new season. I hope Howard gets featured a bunch because he's such an interesting character.

the "howard is not the villain" S1 twist was super good

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Colonel Whitey posted:

the room with the guy w/ keys on the wall - is that a therapist's office or a job interview?

edit: nope interview shouldn't have paused to post

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Man, I don't know if I feel in an emotional state right now where I can watch a bunch of people wracked by guilt coping with the loss of a loved one. :(

But the trailer does look fantastic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Man, I don't know if I feel in an emotional state right now where I can watch a bunch of people wracked by guilt coping with the loss of a loved one. :(

But the trailer does look fantastic.

It gets harder every season it seems

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

This looks incredible

Legit love this show more than I ever cared about Breaking Bad

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

This looks incredible

Legit love this show more than I ever cared about Breaking Bad

Yeah this is a good point...I enjoyed watching breaking bad but I actually care about BCS.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
This show is so much better when you get to watch it a season at a time. The pacing was painful when I tried to watch this live. Watching it on Netflix, the same pacing is a delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
I like that we get to see Jack Kelly, lawyer, before he had such a debilitating embarrassment of small hands.

• Locked thread