Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ghostwritingduck posted:

This show is so much better when you get to watch it a season at a time. The pacing was painful when I tried to watch this live. Watching it on Netflix, the same pacing is a delight.

yup. I think all shows should drop their seasons all at once but this show is improved the most by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Chris James 2 posted:

This looks incredible

Legit love this show more than I ever cared about Breaking Bad

:same:

Even if it is heartbreaking to think a sweetheart like Jimmy ends up a complete scumbag like Saul.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Sentinel Red posted:

:same:

Even if it is heartbreaking to think a sweetheart like Jimmy ends up a complete scumbag like Saul.

See, I think he's still gonna be the same Jimmy but with a bit more rationalizing and justifying, like the cartel stuff just being what cartels do and that kind of thing. I could easily see the same Jimmy who tears down an old lady for settlement money then feels so guilty about it he burns his own professional life down to repair hers seeing Walt as another mark initially, like the Kettlemans, after all he found his classroom easily enough and probably figures there's easy money to be made off this guy that's gonna get himself caught or killed. Then he rationalizes a bit about the bad stuff Walt does and before he knows it he's riding a tiger that's poisoning kids and arranging prison murders and has no way off. After all, he tries to get out and Walt threatens him that he's done when Walt says so at one point.

Regardless, I have faith that Gilligan and co will make it an incredibly compelling watch whichever route they take with Jimmy's soul.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I remember the preview of the last season of Breaking Bad, seeing the "We're done when I say we're done" line from Walt, and remember thinking 'oh wow, Saul actually looks like he's grown more of a conscience', just because of how scared and unwilling he looks in that moment.

Really, REALLY looking forward to how they'll show Jimmy's side of things when the timelines meet up.

I have a feeling that season 4 of BCS is going to line up with Saul starting in BB. He was originally going to be Badger's lawyer, right? Was it Jesse who hired him? I think the last shot of the season will be his receptionist saying 'you have one last client for the day' and it's whomever hired him for Badger.

Imagine the season ending on Saul saying 'send them in' and it's Jesse saying 'Yo, Mr Goodman? I have a friend who needs your help.'

Wait, was it Walt? As Badger's uncle? poo poo, it was. Well, imagine Walt in the waiting room.

End of season.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

I think Jesse hires him off-screen by phone to go talk to Badger in jail. Walt then pretends to be his father I think in order to talk to Saul about the case and convince him not to let Badger talk.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Maybe it'll be the secretary (ugh, I can't remember her name, other than Sugar Tits, which is horrible, sorry) giving him a file, saying something like 'got a public masturbator, and this drug charge one. Have fun."

Saul: Wouldn't want to get these two mixed up.

Executive Producer Vince Gilligan.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember the preview of the last season of Breaking Bad, seeing the "We're done when I say we're done" line from Walt, and remember thinking 'oh wow, Saul actually looks like he's grown more of a conscience', just because of how scared and unwilling he looks in that moment.

Really, REALLY looking forward to how they'll show Jimmy's side of things when the timelines meet up.

I have a feeling that season 4 of BCS is going to line up with Saul starting in BB. He was originally going to be Badger's lawyer, right? Was it Jesse who hired him? I think the last shot of the season will be his receptionist saying 'you have one last client for the day' and it's whomever hired him for Badger.

Imagine the season ending on Saul saying 'send them in' and it's Jesse saying 'Yo, Mr Goodman? I have a friend who needs your help.'

Wait, was it Walt? As Badger's uncle? poo poo, it was. Well, imagine Walt in the waiting room.

End of season.

We're still years away from there on the timeline. I can't imagine this next season speeding through all his years as Saul Goodman just to get to stuff we've already seen.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I don't see how we are really that close to Breaking Bad's timelines yet. Has to be a full season or two before they start merging.

This show is on cruise control on a city street not the freeway.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Just like how the last halves of Breaking Bad's final season had that nice split between "Walt's craziness leading to him getting out of the business" and "Hank knows and that's the thrust of the final chapter" I hope BCS splits up it's final season (if not with a full break then in episode count) between half "Saul's rise to being a proper criminal lawyer with the full Saul Goodman name and Mike consolidating himself as Gus' right hand guy" and the last half being "Saul and Mike's perspective on the events of Breaking Bad, supplementing what we saw of them during the show and with some nice cameos by the classic BB cast, ending in some sort of resolution for Jimmy's life as Gene."

I really hope they do a scene of Saul being convinced by Walt to poison Brock (which we know happened but was just referenced by a few lines of dialogue), and I also think there's a way to sneak in a few fun cases where Saul or Mike influenced Walt or Jesse into making major plot decisions that we didn't quite see. Similar to how Mike's "half measure/full measure" speech was a big moment between him and Walt, you can probably have some ideas planted in their heads to some degree that we happened to not see on BB. I mean, BB sewed things up pretty drat well, but there's bound to be some room in the margins to color in some fun details.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, I think there's going to be some sort of jump in season 4. Don't get me wrong, I want them to take as much time as they need, but I just don't think they're going to make the timeline AS drawn out as Breaking Bad.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I think he will complete the transformation to Saul by the end of the season, but agree that leaves plenty of time as Saul before he is seen in Breaking Bad. But maybe we could get close to Season One BB time?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Colonel Whitey posted:

E: also it's been a while since I've seen BB, who is Lalo again?

Saul and Nacho did something to piss off Lalo, who Saul fears is going to come after him. It's pretty open-ended, and just meant as a gag demonstrating that this guy has more than one group of people who might want to murder him in a ditch.

Maybe Saul and Nacho ripped off Lalo together and Saul's scared he'll find out who did it. Maybe it was only Nacho who went after him and and Saul's just scared of being caught in the crossfire. We'll find out!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, I think there's going to be some sort of jump in season 4. Don't get me wrong, I want them to take as much time as they need, but I just don't think they're going to make the timeline AS drawn out as Breaking Bad.

I just don't see why. The interesting part of the story is everything before Breaking Bad. So why would they jump and skip over that to get closer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I just don't see why. The interesting part of the story is everything before Breaking Bad. So why would they jump and skip over that to get closer.

I absolutely get that, but they also might have substantial plans for Gene. I love this show so much, but I know it can't go on forever. Plus, Jonathan Banks is getting up there and oh god, I hope nothing happens to him :ohdear:

Same for Mark Margolis, but Hector's effectively out of the show now, or at least could be.

Anyway, to less morbid talk...

Have they ever said that they know what they want to do with post-BB Jimmy? Or is it an M60 situation where they planted the seed before having an end game and will work to figure something out?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My guess has always been that they'll end the show post-BB and we'll get to see a redemption of sorts for Saul. I'm hoping anyway...

I really doubt they'll spend too much time overlapping with BB. I don't really want that anyway, I want to see him figure a way out of his boring Cinnabon job

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Really excited to see the direction the show goes now that the Primary Antagonists for both Jimmy and Mike are out of the picture. Also hoping they bring "Mike doing cool poo poo real slowly" back to Season 2 levels. It got a little out of hand in Season 3.
Anyone gonna make a Season 4 thread proper?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I thought this was the season 4 thread. I just started my S3 watch to prepare for the premiere and it's a treat to have forgotten how good the show is. But I could totally tell the Mesa Verde cowboy statue was cardboard once the podcast told me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AMC just announced renewal for season 5

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Sweeeet, always glad to hear that since the show's ratings aren't great despite it being so awesome. I'm absolutely expecting it to get a huge rating surge like Breaking Bad did in its final season, especially when all the old fans realize this is more than likely the last show that will be set in that universe.

One idea for Gene's big final act that just occurred to me is that he turns himself in to the police, but they actually have very little to charge him with so he's only looking at about a year of jail time, or possibly even none. Then like we've seen many times with big deal criminals he kind of does speaking tours and writes a book that draws heavy inspiration from what he did with Walt and Jesse, and other smaller clients, but is billed as fiction (leaving the cartels far out of it of course). I'm thinking kind of like the scenario the main character from Wolf of Wall Street ended up in.

Saul was associated with all kinds of shady stuff, but ultimately I think he was shown to have a decent core to him that was reinforced by BCS, so him turning things around and getting to put on a show for the public again is the ending that I think the audience will want for that character.

Edit: Also, given Vince's joy in going out on top I gotta figure this show is sadly ending at season 5 or 6, which is sad since I'd watch everyone involved do this show for at least 10 seasons.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 29, 2018

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

This is good but also fills me with a sense of dread that the season will end on a cliffhanger that AMC knows will make people riot if it's the end of the show.

NowonSA posted:

Edit: Also, given Vince's joy in going out on top I gotta figure this show is sadly ending at season 5 or 6, which is sad since I'd watch everyone involved do this show for at least 10 seasons.
I never thought this show had more than six seasons in it, and Chuck's death is honestly the perfect midpoint.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 29, 2018

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yeah I'd be pretty content with 6. I think when Jimmy gets his law license back he's going straight into being Saul, probably aided by the Sandpiper money coming in, and we're 10 months out from that at the start of the season. If that leads into season 5 being the early days of Saul Goodman while we see how people like Kim react to him in that role, and then 6 being basically simultaneous with BB finishing with a finale that's all in the gene timeframe that's fine with me.

I think the more interesting plot development is if Kim stays with Jimmy even when he starts going by Saul Goodman, until he can't keep the shady practices hidden from her and she finally leaves him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

NowonSA posted:

I think the more interesting plot development is if Kim stays with Jimmy even when he starts going by Saul Goodman, until he can't keep the shady practices hidden from her and she finally leaves him.

I really want it to be true that Kim was with Jimmy up until the moment he called the disappearer and he told her to forget about him.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'd like a brief completely unforeseen Jesse Pinkman cameo. Possibly a mall car park spotting with Gene.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What is Jesse's status post Breaking Bad? Hank and Gomez had his full confession tape which the Nazis then got hold of. Was the tape destroyed or was it left at the compound for the police to find after the shootout?

I guess the police would draw conclusions that it was Walt making the blue Meth for the Nazis and they had some kind of disagreement?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So in preparation for Season 4, and since I have no respect for my time as a person, I'm rewatching the first seasons. Netflix, baby, I don't want to skip the intro. First of all it's only a few seconds long, second like 15% of the appeal of this show is all the clever little things they do with the intro! Gosh!

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I think "Kim getting hooked on opiates" is probably not the direction BCS will take, because it would be far too obvious. The show has ways of not going into obvious directions. For instance, the second season ended with the whole taping things, and in a regular show the tape itself etc would be driving the plot forward. Instead, S3 resolves the whole "Saul finds out about getting taped" in the first ep or so, and the season deals with the fallout from what actions he took when he found out instead of having the tape being the Sword of Damocles hanging above Saul.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What is Jesse's status post Breaking Bad? Hank and Gomez had his full confession tape which the Nazis then got hold of. Was the tape destroyed or was it left at the compound for the police to find after the shootout?

I guess the police would draw conclusions that it was Walt making the blue Meth for the Nazis and they had some kind of disagreement?

I would assume that the police will find the video and that Jesse would get caught. That being said, it seems like there are all sorts of grounds a criminal lawyer could get that tape thrown out on and that's my personal dumb fanfiction for how the last season of BCS should go.

I mean the tape is made in Hank's living room, there's no evidence he was read his rights or even that it was a real confession and not an acting job - or that it wasn't done at gunpoint. Most of the reasons why Chuck and Howard believe Chuck's tape was useless apply, and then a few more on top of that.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nail Rat posted:

I would assume that the police will find the video and that Jesse would get caught. That being said, it seems like there are all sorts of grounds a criminal lawyer could get that tape thrown out on and that's my personal dumb fanfiction for how the last season of BCS should go.

I mean the tape is made in Hank's living room, there's no evidence he was read his rights or even that it was a real confession and not an acting job - or that it wasn't done at gunpoint. Most of the reasons why Chuck and Howard believe Chuck's tape was useless apply, and then a few more on top of that.

Then there's the whole "confession tape" that Walt made to get Hank off his back.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Plus there's nobody left alive who could verify Jesse's version of events except for maybe Skylar.

Regarding Kim and Jimmy. I think Kim might have some kind of breakdown / addicted to opiates and ends up relying on Saul to look after her the same way he did for Chuck. Gene's endless sadness in the black and white segments will be guilt from abandoning her to go on the run, feds seizing his cash and not being able to provide her with awesome private health care.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jesse deciding to track down Saul would be a pretty amazing thing to see happen in the series finale, even if I don't really know why he'd want to. He is the most likely character to have the means to do so, if we presume that he remembers the disappearer's number and has access to some amount of his drug money. Even if he did throw literally all of it away he could sell his house for funds, and I'd expect him to do that regardless since no way he wants to stay in ABQ anymore.

I think it's more likely that he reaches out to Kim and has some sort of reconciliation with her, but who the heck knows. All I know for now is that I'm expecting some real crazy poo poo to go down in season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There's a season 4 thread, y'all https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864512

• Locked thread