Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Now's probably not the best time to tout Duel Links' card pool, given that we might as well be in the second tier 0 format in a row. PVP's close to unplayable because it's 90% Sylvans taking 40 years to take a turn. And the next set brings in Spellbooks searching half a dozen times a turn.

Which is why I hang out in the pee-wee tiers (no higher than gold) and any time i get close to platinum, I run a deck dedicated to auto-suiciding and dropping down the ranks quickly. It's also how I get the ranked duels rewards despite not making KoG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

It's actually solely for grudge-related purposes. Kepuria is one of the few people I didn't grind against because of my disdain for him.

Spoiler dude is one hell of a wall and frankly one of the biggest problems in this game (as if someone didn't point out pages ago): Difficulty racks up against you in unholy leaps and bounds. Up until this point in the game, you're fusing up your monsters and then you get to a point with your deck where you know six-eight ways to fuse up a twin-headed thunder dragon. Pegasus can whip out a Meteor Black Dragon on you, but that's very few and far in between. Starting from the low level mages onwards, the twin headed thunder dragon is just commonly played like it's no big deal. You're going to be dealing with monsters backed by an automatic field bonus while you hope you draw into your fusion materials. But Kepuria likes to blast your rear end with a 3750 Gate Guardian boosted by Sogen Said spoiler monster is only available to you by ritual, but they get them out no problem. And the worst part of it? Kepuria is still just the tip of the iceberg. End-Game expects your rear end to be able to know how (and even have the patience and time) to S-Tec Pegasus or other enemies, then have a very specific means and setup to last you for the rest of the game. Grinding DOES help to a degree against some of the mages to get you through this segment and that's if they drop the good stuff instead of getting a loving Karbonala Warrior from an S-POW on the low Meadow Mage, but it still just never loving stops.

• Locked thread