Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

dis astranagant posted:

For some reason I was thinking of the DDS promos. At least Metalmorph was vaguely useful when everyone just had a couple starter decks jammed together.

Back when I resumed playing after my first hiatus, around FotB, a Metalmorph/Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon duo was so rare to have that you could basically just take someone's entire trade folder for the two combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
That was a pretty great dinosaur Weevil used there.

No really, that model was great for PS1 times.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I only play Crystal Beasts these days. They're surprisingly good after their recent support and with Link monsters being a thing.

I used to play some batshit full lockdown thing involving Ojama King/Ground Collapse, Jinzo and Horus Lv8 back in the day though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

GamesAreSupernice posted:

so what does the "D" in Giltia the D. Knight even stand for? i get what the other "D"s are from context, but not that one

Dragon or Dark. German goes with Drachenritter, French with Chevalier des Ténèbres, Japanese is just "magic knight".

I don't think "Dark" fits for a LIGHT-type monster.

Divine maybe?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ephraim225 posted:

I believe the English dub explicitly went with "Dark".

I actually went and hunted down an episode where it's summoned and he just said "Giltia the Knight".

It might change in other episodes, I didn't check them all.

• Locked thread