Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GawainStark
Apr 9, 2016
Oh hey a vlp for this grind of a game. In the previous lp, I discovered that a Brazilian team of fans actually made an unoffical sequel/rom-hack to this game called Forbidden Memories 2 which added an absolutely staggering amount of cards (like maybe over 1,000) including the God cards because why not. The story is identical to up to the part I stopped at Bandit Kieth stomped me to death about 20 times before I quit but it swaps a bunch of characters around like replacing Heishin with Yami Bakura and one of the three villagers became Seto who was replaced with Marik (he doesn't even have an ancient Egyptian counterpart since if I remember correctly Yami Marik is just his darkside personified) .

The game play of FBM 2 is even worse when you realize the fusion combinations are completely different thanks to the new cards and Simon will whip out Dark Sage whenever he wants who he can power up to around 4k atk points. It makes a mess of a game into an even bigger mess.

I also recently discovered that there was ANOTHER unofficial sequel/ rom-hack made by a completely different team was made called Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories 2: Phantom Realm which I have yet to try out because I have been burned once by these kinds of things. I found a video of the games first 15 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bn4HnzwNqM. It um has a different plot at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GawainStark
Apr 9, 2016

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I'm surprised how many people find Reshef more tolerable than Forbidden Memories

I prefer Forbidden Memories simply because I have actually beaten it without cheating unlike Reshef. Reshef’s final boss is nigh-impossible.

• Locked thread