Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Give me the skin that’s just a skeleton

If that isn't a skin by this Halloween, they are leaving money on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Dawgstar posted:

When did they stop letting you tag spots on the map when you're a reboot card?

First noticed this about tuesday or so, makes it harder to tell your buds where a van is. Bit of a drag

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Booted up Lego Fortnite to mess around with the quests for it, and was getting errors that said I was using too much memory, when I changed nothing from the day before

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Anora posted:

Booted up Lego Fortnite to mess around with the quests for it, and was getting errors that said I was using too much memory, when I changed nothing from the day before

There's...some hosed up things going on with the graphical settings this time around. Like you can't change the render resolution thing (That goes from 0-100%) without a restart for instance. I used to toggle this to minimum to idle the game's lego/jam mode for exp farming. It also runs weird and looks dramatically worse even on performance mode. This is kind of to be expected for me with every new season though, I kind of have a lower end computer at this point.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm playing on a PS5 though

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Sincerely can't wait for my entire 4-person squad to get wiped out by one well-placed round of Zeus lightning

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anora posted:

There is a ton of poo poo broken still. The game hard crashed 2 times while I was playing the BR last night.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

When did they stop letting you tag spots on the map when you're a reboot card?

It happened at some point during the turtle pass.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cockblocktopus posted:

Sincerely can't wait for my entire 4-person squad to get wiped out by one well-placed round of Zeus lightning

That's not as easy as you might think as long as everybody scatters when they see it.

Are the bosses' weapons under-tuned? I was drawing down on somebody last night with Hades SMG and it didn't feel like it did much.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a ton of poo poo broken still. The game hard crashed 2 times while I was playing the BR last night.

Honestly I thought something was going on with my computer but it really does seem to be some broken poo poo. I've been crashing out of matches as well.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
yeah, I crashed out on a couple on PS5 yesterday too

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I haven't crashed yet (PC) but almost everyone I've been in BR with has crashed multiple times, on different systems.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Dawgstar posted:

That's not as easy as you might think as long as everybody scatters when they see it.

Are the bosses' weapons under-tuned? I was drawing down on somebody last night with Hades SMG and it didn't feel like it did much.
yeah the lightning has a "push" effect and everyone scatters on the first 40 damage. after that you might hit hit one with the second bolt for 40 or 80 if they weren't paying attention and the third bolt, because of the pause, you can usually use to pick off the player that hid around a corner because they forgot splash damage exists.
but there will always be someone who is running up to you when you land. either have escape item ready or they'll retire you right in the face.

i can't follow any of this poo poo. i was full shield but a guy just ran up and destroyed me in like 5 shots from a white gun, i had time to pray and spray half a clip at him and didn't hit him once. i opened fire first.
next game some guy unloads a shotgun into the back of my head from five feet away and i manage to turn around, run by him, and fly into the sky with full health and a little bit of shield

the skull water thing is awesome, why would you land anywhere but near the magic "win" button river?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

InsertPotPun posted:

i can't follow any of this poo poo. i was full shield but a guy just ran up and destroyed me in like 5 shots from a white gun, i had time to pray and spray half a clip at him and didn't hit him once. i opened fire first.

Yeah, this is genuinely what I don't get about the game. Are higher ranked weapons better? Sure, sometimes! Who knows! I'm sure some of it is headshot multipliers but surely not all of it.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, this is genuinely what I don't get about the game. Are higher ranked weapons better? Sure, sometimes! Who knows! I'm sure some of it is headshot multipliers but surely not all of it.

higher ranked weapons almost always have more damage per shot, but that may not mean much if you miss (or the bloom/accuracy decides you missed)

usually they have faster reloads
sometimes they have faster fire rates

vs the legendary harbinger smb, hades' smg has: +2 damage per shot, 2s reload time (vs 2.3)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

parasyte posted:

higher ranked weapons almost always have more damage per shot, but that may not mean much if you miss (or the bloom/accuracy decides you missed)

Dumb question: Does this mean that sometimes even if I hit, I miss?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

nah, if you get the sound and see a number that definitely hit. the bloom deciding you miss just means you can have a real nice track on someone and still miss most/all of the shots you fire

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
every time i get in a car i wonder just how much money fortnite paid for lady gaga stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New jam tracks
https://twitter.com/FNFestival/status/1767551284683382905?t=fHPmQpbtOR5a5B0IdgMFxQ&s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope they one day add a boombox emote or let me attach jam tracks to existing emotes, cause I'm just never going to use the group band emotes

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Start jamming, then emote and you can use whatever dance you want

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Macaluso posted:

I hope they one day add a boombox emote or let me attach jam tracks to existing emotes, cause I'm just never going to use the group band emotes

Can you even still use jam track emotes in BR? I haven't seen the option to do so recently outside of 1 game. In that game, another player started to jam and I was able to see jam tracks in my emote wheel. After that player stopped, I was not able to see them anymore.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Old man yells at cloud moment:

Been playing during lunch break, trying to get match quests done and such. This week has been a pain in my rear end during my lunch hour, and I'm now remembering it is spring break. The kids are out in force and they're dunking on my rear end.

Go to hell, children.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
First few days after a season launch are always a little sweatier.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Can you even still use jam track emotes in BR? I haven't seen the option to do so recently outside of 1 game. In that game, another player started to jam and I was able to see jam tracks in my emote wheel. After that player stopped, I was not able to see them anymore.

Yeah if you have a jam track you can play it, but only one instrument.

Scuba Trooper posted:

Start jamming, then emote and you can use whatever dance you want

This seems to technically work, but you can still only choose one instrument. I want to just be able to play the song itself

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Did that little Racing quest line to get the free Jackie skin in BR disappear?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mutata posted:

Did that little Racing quest line to get the free Jackie skin in BR disappear?

It shpuld have 3 weeks, but jam Quests broke and were taken away so racing Quests breaking and going away would t surprise me.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

it was gone after the update but that quest should be back now, at least an epic employee said so on reddit

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mpDcxodCU&t=85s

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Are there any goon creators around here? I don’t buy skins in the shop much but would like to support a fellow goon if they have a registered name I could put in for the support a creator thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How does this keep happening?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg4HbPVZVEs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New update. Drum gun, chains of hades, and Shield bubble Jr have been enabled. No new cosmetics.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't understand why people lose their poo poo over this Midas guy. He's the most boring looking dude but also he's gold.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I don't understand why people lose their poo poo over this Midas guy. He's the most boring looking dude but also he's gold.

People loved the seasons he was originally part of.

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1770073298505728231?t=7sHMyfiJy__KhcrRhuIXyQ&s=19

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is this gimmick going to work in no build? do they even enable it in no build?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Futaba Anzu posted:

is this gimmick going to work in no build? do they even enable it in no build?

It's a wholly separate mode, Floor Is Lava. Won't happen in normal BR matches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Next jam tracks

I may grab the supernatural song.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Carly Rae instabuy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rocket racing and Lego will have UEFN support announced tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
bug report: i found a golden chicken and could not make it my best friend and have it follow me from game to game because nothing will ever separate us