Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have liked most of the melee weapons, though those first pre-nerf dash swords were on another level. One of my favorite wins was basically going DMC on some poor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Shockwave hammer I still miss you :qq:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cockblocktopus posted:

Shockwave hammer I still miss you :qq:

I can't believe it hasn't returned yet. That was one of the most fun weapons.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't miss the hammer but I do miss the couple of weeks where both the katana and the attack on titan grapple thing was both in the game at the same time. I would try to find both to have on me, which wasn't too hard usually, and I would just fly around the map 3rd partying so many fights and then be out of there in like 5 seconds. It was great.

Honestly the attack on titan thing ruled, I never even used its attack mode, it was just insane mobility

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
There is a flame hammer supposedly coming. I think itbwill be a shockwave.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

big news

https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1777642598586286205

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

They're removing rarities to cosmetics and people are VERY angry about it. People saying Fortnite is losing its identity somehow, and it's so wild how many players only care about a skin or whatever based on the completely arbitrary rarity color.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Macaluso posted:

They're removing rarities to cosmetics and people are VERY angry about it. People saying Fortnite is losing its identity somehow, and it's so wild how many players only care about a skin or whatever based on the completely arbitrary rarity color.

I have no problem with this change. I'd like some way to tell Battle Pass skins apart at a glance but that's just for ease of browsing the locker.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Fortnite update
Rocket racing season 1
https://www.fortnite.com/news/rocket-racing-neon-rush-light-up-the-night
https://twitter.com/RocketRacing/status/1777608200277074223?t=N_GB5mNmZrmwJ5RYw4-DiQ&s=19

Fortnite Festival:
Will have a Coachella collab. Supposedly a number of jam tracks will be put into special bundles during this collab.

Battle Royale:
Yacht is gone0. We should get elemental temples PoIs for avatar soon.
New chests
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1777613561696506181?t=2nLlUs_5xe5dP2x1PE_lNg&s=19
New mythics
https://twitter.com/unrealhybrid/status/1777613872205038075?t=0jgKmg9pRLPC0RVjLxqijw&s=19

Lore/quest stuff
https://twitter.com/Egyptian_Leaker/status/1777614634595283384?t=LbI7q5m4-Iukikyi0-uiqQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/Egyptian_Leaker/status/1777628954871927095?t=zFztoHQgdOPcg-8alg0NhQ&s=19

New cosmetics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLFwdM5A0o

Apollo skin

New legoized skins:

New star wars collab on May 4th. New skin called "Rebel Leia Organa". Chewbacca should be the other New skin too.

Other changes:
Starting in May, EVERY COSMETIC will have an individual timer showing when it's leaving the Item Shop

Proximity Chat is coming soon to Fortnite Creative

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't even know cosmetics had rarity until now and I've been playing since 2017.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I didn't even know cosmetics had rarity until now and I've been playing since 2017.

I thought that maybe rarities referred to how often they cycle through the shop but that didn't seem to be the case so they have exactly no point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://x.com/theragingreaper/status/1777624582716825832?s=46&t=D43mFJSHH0rxuIO9HRRQrQ

They could already do what they want with the prices!!! They make the prices!!!!!! I feel like I'm going insane reading the responses to this today

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I guess I just don’t get the rage over the item shop. I have bought maybe three skins in the little under a year I have played.

People online howling that the item shop is trash and there is nothing they want. Ok? Just wait and use some other skin.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

very funny to get mad over a made-up rarity color that has no bearing on how rare anything is. fortnite should call all their skins limited editions

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

very funny to get mad over a made-up rarity color that has no bearing on how rare anything is. fortnite should call all their skins limited editions

People in the thread are swearing rarity equals how expensive they are and now Epic can charge what they want for a skin which... yeah?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dawgstar posted:

People in the thread are swearing rarity equals how expensive they are and now Epic can charge what they want for a skin which... yeah?

Yes. The freakout is more about throwing out an established pricing model. This was coming though after they got rid of a number of bundles in favor of just releasing everything piecemeal again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

People squabbling and tearing up over rarity colors for SHOP AVAILABILITY CHANCES is such a hilarious shift of the overton window.

In other news, I need to buy Paint the Town Red.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
every once in a great while i'll play a second game with someone and i've heard "how do you switch skins so fast?" because they don't know about the "random" skin select function
i've also had little kids SCREAM about a skin or two that i own, apparently someone keeps real good track of this stuff

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

The pricing changes really stink, to be quite honest. I like to play this with my nephews and we typically like to wear all matching outfits. Fortnite used to be pretty decent with its skin pricing but if they're bumping all of the crossover stuff up to 2000 ($16 USD), I understand the teeth gnashing.

Also does anyone have any XP replacements for Lego Fortnite? :negative:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Vanderdeath posted:

The pricing changes really stink, to be quite honest. I like to play this with my nephews and we typically like to wear all matching outfits. Fortnite used to be pretty decent with its skin pricing but if they're bumping all of the crossover stuff up to 2000 ($16 USD), I understand the teeth gnashing.

They definitely bumped up the collab priced
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1777618639086026803?t=81Gla64926kwdMpjKoEEpg&s=19

Look up past collabs and these new bundles are $2-$5 more.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 9, 2024

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
lol, Sokka’s club is in before Sokka.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cosmetic rarity only mattered to the type of people who play fill squads and want to talk about their skin like anyone else gives even the slightest gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Truther Vandross posted:

Cosmetic rarity only mattered to the type of people who play fill squads and want to talk about their skin like anyone else gives even the slightest gently caress

They got rid of skin rarity so they could reconfigure the prices to be higher.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
the actual rarity doesn't even matter at all outside of it being previously used as a guideline for pricing

i don't care that it's gone, at all. the price increases suck but seems like that was gonna happen whether or not rarities continued to exist.

so it goes. i guess new non-car body racing cosmetics cost more now? at least the new wheels and boost trails, seems like people are complaining about the price. i guess enough people were buying them that epic felt they were leaving money on the table. it's all data driven i'm sure, they bumped car prices down after people didn't buy them and more recently bumped instrument prices down because people weren't buying them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

p. badass to see inflation hit fortnite

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

every once in a great while i'll play a second game with someone and i've heard "how do you switch skins so fast?" because they don't know about the "random" skin select function
i've also had little kids SCREAM about a skin or two that i own, apparently someone keeps real good track of this stuff

My friends kid always tells me what rare skins I have and decides which one I get to play as. They like the evil tim apple one

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

did not expect them to grab Sublime.

there is a song in their discography that I forgot my local radio station played, so I loving blasted it at a store I was working at, whoops

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fortnite skins and their rarity are like if you made funko pops into NFT’s

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I will wait for sokka and aang, I like the idea of the pacifist monk going into a mansion with a SMG.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wish Katara's outfit was cooler as she's my favorite.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Waiting for the battle pass to buy anything. I assume there will be a few others like how Splinter came later on and not in the pass.

If Zuko came with a “that’s rough, buddy” emote I’d instantly buy him though.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Vanderdeath posted:

You can go into a sandbox world, place a jump pad down and then walk onto it so you don't have forward momentum and jump on it forever. If the sandbox has hostile AI, just build some walls around it so they can't hit you. It should give you xp as long as you're moving around. Jumping was working for me when I tried it a week or so ago.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Vanderdeath posted:

Sure absolutely, I think "The price of things is getting too high" is a valid complaint and more people should be upset about that. What I don't think is a valid complaint is "the rarity colors are gone, now Epic can charge whatever they want for any skin!" as if they weren't doing that anyway. Epic controls the pricing, they control the rarity, neither thing ever meant anything. I don't buy the "my locker was more organized with the rarity colors" either because the locker was still a mess. It's also funny seeing people say "why don't we just get rid of the rarity of the guns in game then!!!" as if that's comparable and also sounds exactly like the WoW players who would say "why don't they just mail free legendaries straight to your house??"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
team marked where to land. i land there, i spend the next ten minutes fighting squads by myself running around trying to heal up as three waves of enemies attack, i fight them all off, i've now killed over ten percent of the map's population by myself as my team has wandered off to the other side of the map without helping me or telling me.
i repeatedly ping enemies, repeatedly ask for help. i landed where the team said and they just...wandered off together without telling me.
finally i get knocked and the only thing my team does is open up his mic to laugh at me for being such a loser that i got knocked.
i had 12 kills he had zero. he was the one who marked the landing spot. i had no idea where any of them had wandered off to.
why join a team game if you're not gonna be part of a team?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Do not play with pubbies

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
In the new race course "Slap Happy", none of the bots can navigate it and always end as DNF.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Amphigory posted:

Do not play with pubbies

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
1: i was accidentally nice to the gas station attendant so they remembered me the next time i came in. now i can never go back there. it's been weeks. you suggesting i play more than 1 game with a person is like asking me to wipe my face on a toilet seat. i play one game and move on. i call people by their colors so i don't accidentally remember a name. i've long since turned off my friend thing thankfully.

2: you can get pubbies to do fun things. convince them to race across the map, trying to engage them in a story (i've been trying to convince people that none of it is real, that we're all stuck in a video game). one day i WILL burn down lavish lair. i got three out of four to grab gas cans and cars and blew up about 80% of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

InsertPotPun posted:

1: i was accidentally nice to the gas station attendant so they remembered me the next time i came in. now i can never go back there. it's been weeks. you suggesting i play more than 1 game with a person is like asking me to wipe my face on a toilet seat. i play one game and move on. i call people by their colors so i don't accidentally remember a name. i've long since turned off my friend thing thankfully.

If someone at a restaurant remembers my order that place is effectively dead to me. I feel you