Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I wish they released a new map for BR already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

santanotreal posted:

No. Please no new map ever. New maps is where BR games go to die.

What BR game died when they released a new map?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Man my favorite kind of player to go against is the dudes that poo poo out Taj Mahal when you fire a single bullet at them regardless of circle position. I keep falling back and waiting for them and a couple minutes later they show up with no materials left, desperately trying to take down some trees for mats and you kill them from your 3 walls 1 stair fort. :smugdog:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Loving the new shooting mechanics, it feels so much better. It feels great seeing your bullet go towards where you are aiming instead of in some random cone.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

SettingSun posted:

I think the building is a lot of fun but people who are capable of erecting a fortress in two seconds flat after I ding them at range annoy me. Especially when building a simple pillbox is annoying and finicky for me.

If they are doing that mid game it is to their detriment, just avoid that fight and have them come down from their castle. People like that waste materials early on and run out of them when they need it.

I am mostly building one story 4 wall 1 ceiling structures lately that are connected with doors. It really fucks with people especially when you have traps.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AAB posted:

I am so excited to shoot the gently caress out of this new edgelord skin

epic is printing money here

I bought this skin so hard my mouse almost broke. :allears:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kiranamos posted:

People should stop advising landing in tilted for newb experience. The fighting there is different than any other location due to the huge tall buildings and you're much more likely to just get killed randomly. There are plenty of normal high traffic areas to drop instead like Retail Row or Salty Springs which will be way less frustrating and more "realistic" experience.

I agree. Tilted is good for close range shotgun practice but I prefer dropping in salty/greasy/retail or pleasant park more.

I think I am finally improving in the game after like 100 hours. Finally started making it to the top 5 with regularity with 5-8 kills on the way. I just need to be faster at building because I keep dying to people building above me and shotgunning my face. :smith:

Edit: Just won my first solo! :unsmith:

keyframe fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 8, 2018

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Emron posted:

I’ve been trying to branch out to improve my game, but my favorite spot is the house’s north of tomato town. Good loot, lots of wood in the area, relatively peaceful.

Thats my go to spot. I drop middle house, loot in a min and run towards anarchy and kill the guy still looting the big house and you are usually set for loadout.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It is still hilarious to me that Epic is raking in the money by implementing a game style that they never thought of nor wanted when the game game out.

And now they make more money than %99 of the games by releasing a skin alone.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Haven't seen or found a port-a-fortress in like six games. Are they super rare?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Goddamit I wanted to play :(

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AAB posted:

also port a fart is the new meme bomb, even more than boogie or impulse. pulling eject and throwing people into a huge tower is good, and also helpful.

I wish there was additional protection for the top walkways in port-a-fort because they are too easy to destroy right now.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Yea minigun really exposes you. Every time I tried to use it I got shut down by a sniper rifle or AR.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kiranamos posted:

Everyone is requesting all these bug fixes and really all I want is for them to remove using PvE vbucks in Battle Royale so they can change all the cosmetics to actual reasonable prices.

That will never happen with how much money they are making.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
What are the chances we will be able to log in and play tomorrow without the servers making GBS threads the bed?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
There is also a movie set with a crashed chopper in moisty mire. Tons of new cool poo poo, this is a great update.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's S3 Tilted numbers of people without Tilted amounts of loot, that's not good :colbert:

meanwhile Tilted is weirdly chill this season

I dropped tilted and I was the only one there. It felt really weird and eerie. :ohdear:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
You are really hosed in this game if you get unlucky and find no shields.

What is the dmg reduction with shields btw? It doesn't feel like 100 shield = 100 health.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Johnny Truant posted:

For real though? gently caress the open 7 chests at Haunted challenge.

easiest way to do it is to solo queue into squads no fill. Or just wait a week.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Godzilla07 posted:

Prior to the 60 FPS update, Fortnite ran at a solid 30 FPS on console. Whatever hitching there is now, it seems to be netcode-related. While Fortnite is helped by the fact that the Unreal Engine team is just down the hall, PUBG's performance is still poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOq2qTbg68M

Jesus christ a game that runs 10fps ityool 2018. :psyduck:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Gunder posted:

It’s just early I think. It basically just needs more polish. Once they’ve got all the textures sorted I think it’ll be great.

Radical heights has the quality of a game that came out of a "24hr game dev challenge" at a unity conference.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I like the current non skill based system. You don't know who you gonna come across. I used to get mad at build pro john wicks one shotting me with the shotgun after building above me in 0.0002 seconds while I fumbled with "uhh I think I should maybe start building...which one was the ramp shortcut" but you get better at that stuff fast and it becomes second nature. Then you become the dude other newbies bitch about.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Seditiar posted:

I think Fortnite will have serious longevity issues if they don't implement skill based matchmaking within half a year or so.

I really doubt that.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is there like a guide to not sucking at the game? Other players always seem to land faster than me, find me really easily, build faster and better, etc. I can't ever tell what weapons are good or not either, the colors don't seem to mean much? Just some kind of video guide about basics and slightly advanced stuff would help a lot. I feel kind of lost.

One very important piece of advice:

Always set your inventory slots order the same. Mine is always set to shotgun - ar - sniper - explosive - health or shield. That way you are not fumbling in the heat of battle to figure out where that shotgun you picked up is in what slot.

My mouse has two custom buttons so I set them up to ramp and wall and I use the c key on the keyboard for flat surfaces. It is the trick to building fast. If you are using the default F keys shortcut for builds you will get murdered really fast.

It really comes down to playing a lot and learning from your mistakes. Expect to die a poo poo ton before you start surviving fights. It took me like 80 hours to get my first solo win.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Gonna kill Thanos with a grey suppressed smg. :smug:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Only good thing about Thanos mode is that it is way easier to do the challenges there instead of on solo server.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there any word on when skin refunds are coming back because I would love to get rid of a bunch of these skins I bought while drunk.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Withnail posted:

why is this game so loving frustrating?

Because pump shotguns exist.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
They just need to stop with these stupid 50v50 & Thanos poo poo and bring back the best ltm, snipers only.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Goddamn the buffed c4 is amazing for destroying poo poo.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

John Murdoch posted:

According to the leaks, this week requires 1 trap elimination, which sounds like some real bullshit considering they just nerfed trap damage.

You also need to hit the center of a storm circle 3 times in one match, which sounds like it's also going to be hell.

Trap should be easy in duo or squads. Down a guy and build a box around him with a trap.

That second one sounds very lame and confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Little Bitch Man posted:

You can finish all of the current ones in like a few days at most

Except the loving trap challenge. :negative: