Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
This is a very good thread. Dr Lupo is the chillest streamer to watch, and he doesn't get all ragey at stream snipers or think he's god's gift to the world like other dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
FIRST SHOT ACCURACY HYPE. Deagin heads erry day now. Hope I can leave work early and get a ton of games in today.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Fatal fields,Salty Springs, Retail Row for me. I do fine at tilted but I don't think it's better practice than a spicy Salty or Retail drop at all.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Any new players in this thread, please disregard the weapon tier write ups on the last page. Tbh nearly every weapon in BR is viable, it comes down to playstyle and preference more than anything. The only correct thing was that the minigun is trash.

SMGs:
Tac smg just melts dudes and is amazing in close to medium-close fights, but does require good mouse tracking like the lightning gun in Quake. In skilled hands it's one of the best guns in the game
Silenced smg is a decent alternative, it has better range and spread so you can use it better at distance and it excels at sneakily destroying traps and forts. Easy to get headshots with as well, but I still prefer the tac
Minigun is good at killing bases and bad players. In a squad, they can be used to great effect to surpress another team whole your friends flank their base, but it's not nearly as good in solos or duos. Tbh I never pick these up , but sometimes I embarrassingly die to one because I underestimate it's damage output at close range.

Pistols:
Handguns are decent first weapons if you can click heads, but basically outclassed damage wise by anything else.
Silenced pistols are great clean up weapons and with first hit accuracy, it's very easy to melt someone while they try and figure out where the shot came from. The silencer means you're less likely to bring trouble if you get the kill without rebuke as well. I often drop a blue AR for a silenced pistol.
Revolvers and Hand cannons are total beasts at range, and first hit accuracy probably benefited these guns the most. Learn to line up your shots, and you can wipe teams with smart building and flanking. Also great finishers/harassers

Shotguns:
The blue pump is the best gun in the game, but you do need to adjust your playstyle to it because of it's slow fire rate. It compliments a skilled and patient builder who can rush their opponent and remember to plop a wall down between shots while you're pumping. Headshots also required, but you can one tap most people with a blue. I will even take a green pump over a blue tac or purple heavy most the time, unless I'm having a bad aim day. If you follow your pump up with a quick swap to a tac smg or tac shotty, you've got one of the most potent combos in the game and it's worth learning.
Tac shottys Increased firerate means it's much easier to shoot down walls with, and is more forgiving when you miss a shot. You'll rarely one tap with them, but the second tap is quick. It's easy to get cocky with it, though, and I've seen plenty of good people die because all shotguns suffer from inconsistent damage and they got cocky. I still recommend smart building with any shotgun, always be peek shooting and don't over commit.
Heavy shotguns have increased range and a tight spread, and are best used while peeking over a ramp and ADS for best accuracy. The range can be pretty useful, but if I get into a hopping match I'd rather have either other shotgun or a tac smg personally due to preference. The smaller spread means you need more aim to hit during those fights.

Assault Rifles:
The basic ARs are the most versatile gun in the game. You can rapid fire to break ramps or melt people up close, or slow tap with first hit accuracy to headshot players at range. Damage falloff was a big nerf to all ARs, but are still great at keeping the pressure on even at long range.
Burst Rifles are headshot machines in the right hand, and a blue burst is one of the best guns in the game for both quickly killing players or forts. It takes more practice to use, but it can even do well in close jumping fights if your pump shotty didn't one tap someone and you don't have an alternative, as long as you're up close.
Scars are the end game rifle for most players, with good spread and damage. Semi auto, so they are just as versatile as the AR but with higher DPS. One of the best hitscan weapons for breaking a base as well.
Scoped ARs are hitscan when you ads with the scope, but they have a lower damage, clip, and rate of fire. A skilled player can harass a slow sniper, or headshot someone into Oblivion. I believe they don't have e damage fall off which means they're great at long ranges if you can tap that tiny head. I'm not into these, but I know people who are great with em.

Sniper weapons:
Bolt action sniper Rifles are some of the best guns in the game, but take practice to learn the drop, bullet speed, and fire rate. In medium range fights, they work great to complement your AR. You can quick scope a moving player and immediately pull out your AR to finish them. High skill, high reward weapons.
Hunting rifles are like the bolt actions, but they have a slight ads zoom rather than a full scope. They have a higher rate of fire than the scope, and it's this reason that I prefer them over a blue or often purple bolt. I'm not the best sniper, but I'm not awful so the hunting rifle is a great weapon since I can sling more bullets downrange without losing my peripheral, but they will actually do damage when they hit.
Semi-Auto snipers are better than nothing, but they're called the pea shooter for a reason. Low damage out put means you'll often be looking through your scope longer without any peripheral vision. I recommend any other sniper weapon over this, including...
Crossbows. Slow bolt travel, hard bullet drop, but a 5 round clip and infinite ammo (and silent). High skill, but a decent weapon if you bother to learn it. The damage isn't amazing, but at least it's quite and doesn't use up your heavy ammo, since you'll want that for when you find a bolt or hunting rifle.

Splodes:
Grenade launcher is one of the best guns in the game, but takes a little more finesse to use than the rocket launcher. Being able to rapidly destroy a base with its six round clip is amazing. Take the time to dial in the detonation range, and you can safely kill or flush out players with ease. You can also kill house camping players by firing in a window, or bounce grenades off a ramp to hit closer players. Just be aware for players rushing you while you're using it.
Rocket launcher is fairly straightforward. The gold one is especially potent with it's fast reload time, but all rockets travel slow so at range it's best used as a base buster. Rockets are also very loud, and it's easy to see where they're coming from so keep your head on a swivel. At close range, with a height advantage, they're extremely frightening to deal with. Also, you can ride your friends rocket.

I'm not gonna bother writing up thrown grenades, they're all fairly straight forward.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
50v50 is still bad, just people trolling teammates and tryhards dunking on kids.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I meant the first one really. I play a ton of this game, but I am very chill about it. I've seen plenty of streamers being...awful shitbags about this game while not being very good.

Sorry if anyone felt personally attacked by the tryhard comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I have friends that are newer and use it to practice building cuz of all the mats. TBH most of the ltm just aren't for me, I love the base mode so much...and I'm addicted to my stats :(
First game I've ever even cared about my pvp stats.