Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

did they implement the initial shot accuracy change this update? does the reticle turn red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

People complaining about building

:allears:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

I'm gonna shoot the heck out of these edge lords tonite and build a lot of poorly thought out buildings

:same: :agreed:

Work has been crushing me this week so I haven't played at all, I got a lot of challenges to catch up on.

Like getting a trap elimination, argh, time to just drop tilted like twenty times until I can snatch one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Emron posted:

I got mine finally last night dropping shifty. A guy chased me because I had no gun, I threw one up on the ceiling around a corner and kept running, and boom. Trap kill. For a lovely player with 99 total games like me, that was a big deal.

:stoked:

I need to figure out how to get my PS4 share videos on YouTube, I've got a great one where I did roughly the same thing but at a building; I threw up some walls and a single floor, dropped the trap on it but it was still setting up as the guy ran over it, so I whacked him a few times with my pickaxe to get him to back into it. Lucky he was trash with the AR, but drat did I feel badass.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tei posted:

Just link your account. That alone is enough to start uploading.

I use the SHAREFactory app that come with the console to edit the video. Mostly trim the boring parts to make has small video has possible.
Getting used to SHAREFactory is a good investment of your time, probably.

Hm, I'll have to look into making sure I linked it. I definitely have the YouTube option once I press the 'share' button, and I've used the PS4 video editing software, which I agree with you, is actually pretty sweet.

I've gotten the video trimmed down, then hit the Upload button or Send or whatever it's called, watch the upload notification pop up with a progress bar, it completes, and then... nada in my YouTube account. I never thought to check my account link settings though, wonder if I wonked something up there. Thanks for the tip!

I have only like 3 videos, but one is kinda cool where I grenaded myself into the air and pump'd somebody on the downward fall. I was like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO" after that, haha

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

why am I hearing a creepy little goblin laugh, somewhat randomly?

Also, vending machines :discourse:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nullsmack posted:

I didn't think I'd ever get the challenge for the chest, ammo box and supply crate but I got extremely lucky last night. Dropped on Pleasant Park, found one guy dancing by himself in a house and shotgunned him, opened a ton of chests and an ammo box then I heard the supply drop. Looked all around and found it landing maybe 30m behind me. I almost never see them land so neatly next to me. It was basically at the edge of the zone too.
The only other time I saw one last night I was just running up to it and hadn't even had a chance to put up some walls before a guy jumped out with a shotgun and killed me.

Did I misread it and think you had to do it multiple times? Cause I had it completed like, incredibly quickly this morning. Do the llamas count for multiple drops? Cause that was the only supply drop I found, and afterwards I had completed the challenge.

Also, wtf, llamas?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

I love it. It's the new haunted hills for me when I want to play it slow and steady.

good, stay out of my Haunted Hills :colbert:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

I still drop there regularly in solo, and I'll gently caress you up if I ever see you there buddy.

You muthafucka, thems fightin words! Time to settle this the only way I know how...

Drop 10 times at Tilted, whoever has the highest average k/d ratio gets custody of Haunted; visitation rights can be determined after.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Do you only have enough vbucks for next season if you don't spend any?

Cause fffffffffuck that noise, when the Salty emote comes back around, cha-muthafuckin-ching, bitches

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is this our first Fortnite drama that doesn't involve white supremacy?!

:allears::munch:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I got minigun killed yesterday. It was embarrassing. :ohdear:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Season 3 was when they implemented the 60fps for consoles and added in some other jazz; I've always thought of the new seasons as just 'big updates'

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Beastie posted:

Moving to 60fps on the One X was a game changer for me. I play way better and it's easier to track bunny-hoppers.

I was just talking with a friend about how it's a completely different game on console since they updated it.

Hmm next season still will start on a Thursday, right? I might shift with around so I can just fuckin ball on it all day, we'll see. I wonder if you don't get the John Wick challenges by the time the season ends they're just gone?

Fake edit: Did they introduce Lucky right at the beginning of S3?

Faker edit: also I just switched to the builder pro mode on console and holy poo poo. It's phenomenal, once you break your prior building habits.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tei posted:

Another supernoob advice is the mode (forgot how is called, is in setting) that let you override the enviroment so small objects don't block building. Is a no brainer.

This is just a default I'm fairly sure...?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cultisto posted:

There's definitely people who spend much more time in the storm than I thought they would but it's fairly rare, at least on console.

Yeah it's a very situation-dependent strategy to stay in the storm more than you need to. I tend to only do it if I have at least a med pack, if I have 2 I'm pretty confident and have ran around in it plenty.

Especially if it's close to the end of the game, you can usually find wicked good loot out in the storm.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I had a really good engagement with another cat where we were building up a STORM, made me feel much more confident in my builder pro skills as well as my general building thought-process.

I lost, but I still felt good about it! We had a pretty gigantic 4-5 story clusterfuck of stairs, walls and floors. :bubblewoop:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cultisto posted:

Every time I engage in a large build battle I keep thinking of a game mode where there's no guns and regenerating resources where you kill someone by boxing them in, like Tron lightcycle matches but with spike traps.

:aaaaa:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

When the season ends so does that season's pass and the chance to get its rewards (you keep whatever you've unlocked so far). Like how people who didn't get the black knight in season 2 couldn't get him during season 3.

Oh yeah I dig that. Part of me just wishes they'd unlock those challenges so the completionist in me can do them alllllll

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So season 3 ends on April 30th, do we know if season 4 is starting immediately then or if they're gonna wait till the normal Thursday updates, or...?

I just wanna know cause I may want to take a day off work to :getin:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Swap TT with Lucky Landing.

I could get behind this.

Or just have the areas rotate randomly, that'd be nifty!

I can never look at the item shop again, though: I fuckin bought that pizza cutter baby, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bubblewoop: :parrot: :zoid:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

confirmed that there are random sporadic meteors starting to fall and destroy poo poo around the map

Whoa wtf, seriously? I've barely been on since the new patch, I gotta dig this tonight since my partner is gone till late :getin:

Super Rad posted:

I have over 330 wins with a 13% WR so no it's not confidence or skill - Titled sucks because it changed the flow of the game for the worse.

:circlefap:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Games goons are the loving worst

The post is coming from inside the Games forum!

el B posted:

Uhh actually I hope they DON'T introduce a new map because it will split the player base and also they need to implement skill based matchmaking and a ranked system

I think introducing a new map but not allowing you to pick which map you play on would be awesome. Also gently caress no on matchmaking, but we've had these conversations a million times, so...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Had my poo poo royally FREAKED last night when I was running across the map with the squad and suddenly a meteor took out one of the dilapidated houses we were running past, I literally shat out a fort and was like ffffffffffffffffffuck :ohdear:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Can't lie, if season 4 is superhero themed that's pretty lame, imo.

I've never been that big into them :shrug:

Although if level 100 battle pass is like a gigantic Hulk outfit, like 3x the size of a normal player, I could be into that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Finally got John Wick :whatup:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bedlam posted:

I'm not going to have enough time to play this season to get the John Wick but that's ok. All fear the pink bunny rabbit.

Honestly now since we're at the end of the season the John Wick skin is really not as daunting as it used to be. I definitely would be as wary with a pink bunny rabbit as a JW!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Had a dude ragequit earlier... because he split off from the three of us and got himself killed :psyduck:

Like literally talking through his teeth in rage at us, haha

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Same, I just saw an exclamation mark on my locker and was like huh?

50v50 is fun as gently caress though, drat I wish I didn't get into it so late.

The crazy building at the end is awesome to look at.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

santanotreal posted:

Anytime they have even a minor update, it corrupts all replays. They’re hoping to fix so it only corrupts every two weeks during larger updates.

Wait, really? Nooooooo. I was hoping to sync up this dude's audio with our replay so I could share the absolute hilarity of this dude ragequitting on me :psyduck:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

that is exactly the way it works. so if they shelve a weapon, it wont show correctly or if they add a crater, people will be randomly walking over mid air

oh, and S4 starts tomorrow :neckbeard:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/990957809088061441

fffffffffffffffffff

Looks like I'm taking half a day off tomorrow after my one mandatory meeting :toot:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/991013165885509633

4am est. the usual tuesday and thrusday reset time

:pray: here's to hoping everything will be smooth as butta when I hop on around noon tomorrow!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I’m excited! My first full season with fortnite. I starred in week 4 of this season.

My goal is to get my first solo win in s4.

I’ve already had noticeable improvement! I get a kill in more games than not now. Getting more than one isn’t uncommon either. I think I can do it!

Yeahhhhhh I'm gonna aim for this too! I need that solo-win notch on my bedpost :argh:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Got trolled for the first time in 50v50 by some oval office editing stairs out from under me while I was about to launch pad. The gently caress is wrong with people?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

T-minutes four hours and I'll be playing all dayyyyyyyy.

I loaded in and took a peak at Dusty Divot, looks cool! I shotgunned and then was shotgunned, so all in all I like it :bubblewoop:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Man and his dog posted:

I gotta say the crossbow was complete poo poo.

I dunno, just hurling them across the map and then suddenly seeing a headshot damage hit feels pretty good.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You know what else feels good to an average player? Looting a useful weapon.

I'm not good with it by any means, but I've had 2/3 200+ meter headshots with the crossbow and I felt like a god.

But I will not lost sleep over it disappearing, that's for sure.

drat, that's glorious.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What I'm saying is that most likely anyone discussing Fortnite online is way above the curve of average 12 year old on their PS4 or whatever.

Oh yeah, no doubt.

I played with a 3-squad of British children once and MAN was that hilarious. Picture an absolute British stereotype, but unironically, and that was these kids to a fuckin T.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

It's a very minuscule change, but I love that we can now set favorite skins and have it rotate randomly from game to game.

Oh ffffffffffffffffffuck that's awesome, I can't wait to explore all the new nifty things. Them expanding the emote wheel to... literally everything you have in your locker is already a cool little feature.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dusty Divot is fuckin doooooope :toot:

Those crystals make everything WILD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

prom candy posted:

Well I'm still trash at this game but at least I have a couple skins now. My new strategy is to just land at the first named location the bus passes over to practice landing fast, looting, and combat. Once I land and get a gun in a location like this should I start hunting for kills right away, or get up to a roof and start building, or something else? What's the best way to get a kill or two at these kinds of spots? So far I got one by out-shotgunning someone who was probably another noob, and another just getting the drop on someone who was engaged with someone else. Second question, how big of an advantage are the better tier guns? If I have a grey shotgun and someone else has a green shotgun is that pretty much a win for them?

To get better at close quarters gunfighting just drop at Dusty until you're confident in your abilities. That could mean twenty times, that could mean fifty times! Hell I think I dropped there a good 25 times in a row yesterday to just be a part of the first-day madness :bubblewoop:

I've found the best strategy for getting on the ground ASAP at Dusty is to hit the deploy chute ~1.5-2.0 grid-squares away from it, so you can coast right in over the lip and hit the ground. Then grab a gun and :kingsley:

Tilted is now a completely different ballgame, though, it's weird. Two homies and I dropped there, cleared out ~6 other players then had the entire place to ourselves. Was very bizarre.