Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

are they still actually updating the base building poo poo or did they just give up on it and tell all those people who spent money to go gently caress themselves?

Items and characters but not much content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What's so great about Raven? Am I missing a reference?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

teagone posted:

Or they're actually good at the game. That's a thing that's possible too :v:

Yeah the guy who is constantly yelling and rubbing his nose for several hours straight has never been on an upper

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

A friend mentioned that the seasonal tokens were being rolled over to next season. Is that correct? The Shamrock Reclaimer seems kinda neat, but I'd bank my coin if there's a summer event on the horizon.

Shamrock reclaimer looks like a Southie pimp with no self awareness and it rules.

He's kinda mediocre though. He really needs an extra charge after 45-50 kills I think.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm back to enjoying PvE a little bit, but only if I have people to play with. The new QoL changes are really good and they're just handing out Vbucks, experience, and Weapon Schematics compared to what we ground for. Perks are better too.

New horde map is fun as well, I had a really good time double jumping from base to base to take care of the idiots I was playing with.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Hows Save the World these days? I played a game yesterday and it looks like sprinting doesn't cost energy anymore and materials and items stack a lot higher now, both quality of life changes that are pretty awesome. Have they done anything else pretty noticeable?

Basically everything is better, you get more of everything at all points, and it no longer freezes randomly.

Way more XP of every kind, more Vbucks, more materials from farming, etc.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I do the most or about half damage. I just run dragon ninja/UAH and refuse to do anything on the base except put the bare bones metal structure. Almost always people will upgrade the metal or put traps down.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hey Seditiar, I just got a Siegebreaker with +25 magazine, +49 crit chance, +20 damage, and +26.7 headshot damage.

That should be enough damage to be as good as energy, right?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seditiar posted:

Opened my entire stock of Troll Llamas from that one patch. Got my first mythic hero. Then my second and third. Ninja, Constructor and Ninja. :suicide:

E: Not that any mythic heroes are better than the best legendary ones in their respective slots, but still. Except arguably Mega Base.

And like 10 mythic survivor leads, but none I could use.

You're not allowed to buy back in you're a sick man

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

PVE is much, much better than it used to be but there isn't any point to go past Canny.

They give you like 3-4x everything that they used to, you can buy amazing weapons and heroes in the store for free gold, and you can also upgrade and reroll perks

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Make two pickaxe hits break down a wall

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

The NFLPA logo there is interesting. That suggests not just team uniforms, but individual players?

A tiny Gronk in your backpack.

So that's your takeaway from the preview image that has a Latina in an Eagles jersey

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can't you just have a friend jump off a building a few times

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I used to play a game competitively where I used FOV 120 and it was insanely useful

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There's pretty much no better time to get into the PVE, that's for sure. Compared to the Warframe lite grind of a year ago it positively showers you in weapons, heroes, and experience.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seditiar posted:

Not a big fan of only filthy easy content (I can literally solo any map) and zero endgame content.

I've been playing Warframe for the past month, basically the same game loop but not hot garbage.

I don't think even you can survive Riven grinding and fishing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone who played the Frostnite horde mode in STW had their Stormshield Storage deleted

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I haven't heard of a game with an inventory wiping bug before.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Apparently Community Response is so strong they disabled the Subreddit

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They have a backup from midnight they're pushing to people who lost everything

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The game is easy and showers you with stuff now. It's pretty chill.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

To anyone playing Save the World and at least two Storm Shield Defenses into Twine Peaks, there's an Exotic Lead Survivor for a mission reward for the next few hours.

Exotic?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Mythic, unique, named, gold-colored - whatever. It's the actual endgame chase people drop $10 for in the hopes of getting one at random. It's the Pragmatic Engineering Corp. woman.

Ah okay. I have one for that slot and I was out of Alerts anyway because I was chasing Perk up for my scythes today

My Harvester wrecks everything now so I'm pretty much done for the classes I wanted to have. I don't see much point in making a Shotgun Raider set up since it's going to function so much like my Ranger except slower.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They see three tiles ahead and 3 tiles wide. They path around drops that will cause fall damage. Don't bother with traps unless it's a 4x.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I know PvP is the hotness but I really enjoyed PvE when that was all there was, does anyone still play that? I jumped in last night and had to re-learn drat near everything.

I do. You earn stuff at 4x the old rate and can redo perks and upgrade them now so every gun works.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I felt like I was the victim of a fortnite sex crime

Lmao. I'll Smurf you up with weapon mats and guns if you want. What's your epic?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Sweet, is the big giant pvp discord the best place it seemed...crowded :) Some random guy invited me to his stormshield and took me up into a box and had me stand in one side and was like "SHOW ME YOUR ITEMS" and wanted me to drop them and it felt like i was going to get murdered in a video game so I left.

The Reddit sub is okay and is very anti-trading but there are only about 10 people who know wtf they are talking about.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nullsmack posted:

Maybe not, it occurs to me that you may have been reading about the pl128 challenge where you have to survive 30 waves. I think you get a banner and some tickets for that. The Ice Queen one is the weekly challenge that you only have to survive 6 waves at any pl to get. She's a Striker AC in a custom skin but I keep hearing that she's supposed to get a custom move in the future. The Ice King is a constructor and he's supposed to get a custom move at some point too. Take that with a grain of salt because it's all internet rumors.

All the new non-base game characters (Steel Wool, Krampus, Cloaked Star, Ice Duo) will supposedly be reworked with the hero update.

Burn Bright was a nightmarishly hard challenge at level 100. Six waves of the new round is simple at 100 and takes a pretty good team at level 128.

Just figure out where the bacon farm is, make trap tunnels, build a six or maybe seven high lobber shield by wave 4. Run a Powerbase Knox with recycling.

Lobbers shield will need repairs because if your base sticks out from underneath it they will throw into your shield to get at that part and then they will start raining death on your main base once they get through that.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 18, 2019

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Yo how do we hook up, Serious Overchill so far has been 100% PVP which I understand but there's gotta be a few goons doing PVE and I have a shield defense level 10 (or 8?) I don't trust pubs with

What's your Epic? Also I don't trap out SSD's unless someone gives me the materials, can't afford all that metal and herbs. I help out a lot of people with those since there's nothing else to do but each one invariably needs gas traps, wall launchers and floor spikes.

Other than that I'd be happy to.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 18, 2019

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Quote is not edit

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I think i have engough traps it's just nice to have some help planning and shoosting. my epic is elendil004

I'll add you. I'll be on tomorrow during the day. Is this Twine or Canny?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Still working through canny.

Should be fairly straightforward. The last parts of canny can be done with a few gas traps and two Constructor Controllers. If you want to save a bunch of materials level up a Controller Harper or Hazard the 13th to 30 or 40 tonight and I'll get at you tomorrow. Also, do some farming because you'll have to do Canny 8 9 10, Launch the Rocket, and Twine 1 + 2 in very short order.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 18, 2019

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I'm working through the quests but I'm not able to get past 30 until I beat some story poo poo.

Ah that's alright. 30 is good, most SSD's can be trivialized by cycling decoys. You can have one up at all times. Saves a HUGE amount of materials but it's not exactly compelling gameplay.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Save the World is dead. Hero rework basically made everything weaker and harder to do.

Now all the heroes are crappy and middling.

I'm not joking either. Every single class except Ninjas got much weaker. It is basically a smokescreen for across the board nerfs.

Kneecapper and debilitating shots are gone, Make it rain is half as effective, anti material charge is useless except on one build, Decoy is useless now, Bullrush does less damage, there is no reduction in building cost, Constructors can't have large bases, Machinist doesn't increase damage for traps, you can't buff your abilities with Shuriken Master etc, grenades are nerfed.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 2, 2019

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tei posted:

Save the World has killed my desire to play coop games in general in any genre.

So many bad experiences with greed people, stupid people, lazy people, ... Battle Royale have not created the problem, it existed already, but made it even worse. Also since is a popular game among kids, some of the people are not ... evil.. they just don't know better.. yet.

Is too bad I don't like Dungeon Heroes 2. Dungeon Heroes 1 was the oposite of Save the World, with DH1 it was possible to setup the defenses, then chill with people, chat, no player was a dead weight for the team, no trolling... so sweet a game. Save the World could have been that, but the devs have never addressed the core problems with the game economy being easily abused by lazy people making life worse for people that want to play, have fun, and help other people.

You don't even know what they did with this update lol. It's so bad.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

teagone posted:

Save the World for me, a casual gamer dude, is hampered by it being overly/needlessly complicated imo. I don't want to have to micro manage all the schematics, survivors, squads, heroes, defenders, leveling, evolving, crafting. Just, gently caress all that poo poo. I only log in to get the daily rewards to make way for free v-bucks lol.

Yeah they made the heroes ridiculously complicated with this update

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

Im scared to look now...

It's a nicely disguised huge nerf for every playstyle you used to have.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They gave you less perks overall and made most of the useful ones very weak.

Now everyone is going to be running Tactical Sledgehammer, First Shot Rio, Dragon Scorch, Megabase Kyle, Harvester Sarah, and farming with Archaelo-jess.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nah you could run pretty much anything that wasn't a Pathfinder or a Plasma hero. The only hard and fast rule for 100 4x was bring your 130's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

I guess I'm the only one really enjoying the new StW loadout system. It may be because I have over a year's worth of legendary/mythic heroes and all 5 slots open, but if anything it's opened up waaay more options for me than it's closed.

Also I'm starting the grind to open up Twine Peaks; if anyone needs help with previous chapters ping me. My schedule is wonky but I'll figure something out.

Almost everything you had before was more powerful and unique.