Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Has anyone else had or heard of other people being unable to connect to Fortnite recently? Ever since the latest patch my brother's computer simply refuses to log in. It goes through all the usual loading screens and then throws up an unable to login message, with the options to relaunch or quit out. We're running off the same exact Internet connection and have similar strength computers and I can get in just fine, so I'm a little stumped. He's done all the obvious stuff already- reinstalling, verifying files, etc. He's been slow to load the game before but it always managed to get in eventually, so I'm wondering if the patch broke something in a super obtuse way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Only thing I could think of is maybe the windows firewall blocking it. Every so often it seems like windows asks for permission to let the game through and maybe it’s accidentally blocked?

Looked into this, wasn't it. Was hoping the new update would do something, but no dice. Really sucks, I have no idea what to do. :(

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Adhemar posted:

Contact player support?

Got a message back from them that was basically just links to their troubleshooting pages. Tried another round of fixes- port forwarding, some additional line things in the Epic Launcher- and got the game to connect today!

It crashed two hours later and will no longer connect. Sent them all the logs from the past three days or so, guess I'll see what happens.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

They've all been either too long, too boring, or both, and yeah Igni was loving awful. I tried looking it up because I figured there HAD to be something we were missing, but nope, guess it sucks that much!

Also my computer issue, to my eternal shame, was outdated drivers. Not sure how I missed that.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Trios is gone tomorrow, with no concrete reason given. That's a plummet in interest for me, since it and squads are really all I play. :(

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Trios are back bay-bee

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

The durability on items in Lego Fortnite needs a big ole boost. It's hard to progress when you have to double back to replace your sword, then your axe, then your pickaxe, then your sword...

Also sleeping needs to skip night, can't believe that's not a thing!

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

AYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI

hand it over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

When did they stop letting you tag spots on the map when you're a reboot card?

First noticed this about tuesday or so, makes it harder to tell your buds where a van is. Bit of a drag