Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wish I could wrap my head around the drums' frequent double notes but I'm just that uncoordinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

Cluster bombs ain't too bad at all, I learned today. Got ambushed, managed to throw it right at a dude's feet. Dude was gone in 2 seconds, lmao

Some pals and I were coming up out of the vault and basically got carpet bombed. Impressive.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A couple of times now if I get killed but then rezzed at a van my mouse decides to stop working. I can still move with WASD but can't look around.

The Turtles look cool, though. April too, who I didn't know we'd get.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zero One posted:

I got my first Crowned Victory Roayle of the season tonight.

Auto shotgun is really strong.

An epic example saved my life at least twice tonight.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

April O'Neil, Darth Maul, Deadpool and Mr. Meseeks rocked out on stage to Weezer, the true definition of super band.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I got my first crown in No Build BR. :unsmith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, I was doing pretty all right with an epic scoped pistol I found. Surprisingly long range.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scuba Trooper posted:

I like the mod system because it encourages me to switch up my loadout more. it's fun! An iron sights sniper is just a slug shotgun imo

Yeah, I got a mythic sniper with no scope the other day. Sad times.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm enjoying the racing but for some reason my controller likes to decide that RT is also the jump button about the third lap in.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I've been doing the races but I'm not getting credit on the missions for finishing them? Is that a thing? I dip after I see my placement so I don't think I'm leaving too early but :shrug:.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Abroham Lincoln posted:

You have to wait on the results screen for everyone to finish and the "Next Race" button to light up, then you're safe to leave

Then that's on me. Thanks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

All I need is the butter barn:clint:

Text you can hear.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

1glitch0 posted:

Do you idle in the jam stage area or in the main stage lobby?

Jam Stage. Just pick a track and an instrument and let it sit for half an hour. Today, I did my laundry while waiting.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sadly the jam stage no longer appears to give out real XP and instead Festival Pass XP which I've already finished.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apple Craft posted:

Where did you see this info.? I have not been able to verify.

edit: I'm definitely still gaining xp from being AFK in Jam Stage. There is a limit per day.

Weird. I played for my dailies, let a Ninja Turtle rock out for 30 minutes and came back and all I got was Festival XP.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This is what I meant. It's festival pass XP now.

CaptainBeefart posted:

Is that why people idle in rocket racing?

I think so. It still counts as finishing a race, even if it's annoying other people to wait.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scuba Trooper posted:

those quests give festival xp, but just playing earns regular xp every 15(?) minutes or so

Didn't pop this time. :shrug:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I apologize about the jam stage XP thing. You get it, I just wasn't paying attention somewhere down the line.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So what will you have to do to unlock Solid Snake? Extra extra bonus missions?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fancy Hat! posted:

Man... wish I could have gotten the Deadpool & She-Hulk skins. But I didn't play 3 years ago. Oh well!

This but Spider-Gwen. Maybe they'll decide that money trumps FOMO down the line.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've heard COD Mobile lets you buy any previous battle pass and just play it out as normal. Doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

I think if the influencers are on board with it or don't care then the broader audience will be swayed to be kn board or not care.

And honestly most people probably want them as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't understand how damage works in this game sometimes. I'll be shooting at somebody with like Valeria's SMG and not doing any damage to them it feels like but they'll down me in two shots from a green pump shotgun. It's probably me doing something wrong, obviously, but I just wanted to Complain on the Internet once.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What do they mean exactly by the Week 5 quest 'use a door?'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Weird. I was doing that but they never got counted.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

New weekly quests look doable save for my own personal skill issues in a couple of cases. Is there an easy way to get the score riding a dirtbike?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Learning the game as I am it's interesting to note that it seems, for the most part, much better to calmly return fire than bounce around. Who knew?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

E: So I'm not double posting I'll add it here; Are there cheaters in rocket racing or is the netcode and rendering just kind of iffy? I'm noticing more and more in some races I'll just suddenly drop down in placement, sometimes with the car just magically appearing in front of me.
When it first started happening I assumed there were shortcuts or better paths that shaved off half a second, but now that I know the tracks a little better I can tell that isn't what happened, the most annoying ones are when I'll be in say 2nd at the finish line, and cross it to be told I'm actually in 4th or 5th, and the real 2nd place finished a full second ahead of me -despite the fact I saw first on screen and not the person who supposedly passed me in the blink of an eye.

It sure feels that way sometimes. A couple of times today I was in first place and then poof, I came in fourth and the indicator didn't, well, indicate that anybody was super close behind me and they zoomed by in a way that didn't make me think they were boosting.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

insane that they broke locker shuffle so bad and/or are removing it forever

You used to be able to set your saved locker sets on random?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seems like no matter how much time you spend on the Jam stage you only get credit for the first five minutes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just had the best ending to a game. A buddy I was in a squad with was down to her and the last player, last storm circle basically, and all she could was find was boxes so she through them all down, hid in one and when the other guy came shot at the wrong ones. Chef's kiss.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ah, you have to swap jams every 2.5 minutes to get Jam Festival to work. Eh. I'm unemployed and I don't have that kind of time (or interest, really).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spacebump posted:

Completely agree on all counts. I was bummed when they decided perks weren’t coming back this season. Weapon mods are fun but there aren’t enough workbenches.

Feels especially punishing if you play solo a lot but that might just be me who struggles against bosses by my lonesome.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is the Enforcer AR considered good? It feels like a decent sniper substitute but a not-great AR.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scuba Trooper posted:

Visualize sound effects is a must. You are actively handicapping yourself without it.

Although be warned that if your friends use grapple blades a lot it can throw you at first. Or still, like with me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It is funny coming after saying why they had to use buff Peter and not fat Peter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yestermoment posted:

I saw this one the other day and was... perplexed.

Ah, good ol' Zwarte Piet. Black Pete is like Santa's blackface sidekick that the Dutch get super defensive over.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yestermoment posted:

Official Fortnite canon is that the little hovering r2d2 ports you out when you get eliminated to circumvent ratings regarding blood because you're Jonesy being forced to constantly battle in endless simulations a la the Doom Slayer.

And sometimes Jonesy wants to look like Gamora while doing it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also Karai who given some of the skins is basically in the game already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

I never get survey questions about poo poo that matters, just "do you think coconuts are OP? and does the game properly communicate how to use them?"

My last one was 'how hard is it to escape from other players' and 'how hard is it for other players to escape you' and the joke answer is 'TOO HARD' and 'TOO EASY' but it still feels like a weird question. It's honestly probably fine if you carry Shockwave 'nades or a Port-A-Bunker.