Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The only portable fort I want is a switch port of fortnite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Looking forward to playing Fortnite on Switch next week!!!

Get ready for an influx of newbie questions, friends.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aughhhhh. I’m stoked to get this on Switch. Come on Nintendo, mess up and release it early!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

50v50 on switch tonight yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FauxLeather posted:

Fair warning to people wanting to multi-plat Fortnite with a PS4 linked Epic account. This loving sucks.

I say this as a PS4 owner: Get hosed Sony

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Feenix posted:

Am I being too hasty to say that this feels kinda like a really bad version of Fortnite?

How so?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao lil yachty is playing?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone know how to force the switch version to log out if it can’t get to the main menu?

I was forced to create a new account yesterday because Sony, but then I got the bright idea to disconnect my PS4 from my main account that is shared with PC and connect my Nintendo account after disconnecting it from the newly created account (all was done at the epic website).

When I go back into fortnite it complains my account can’t be used (because it’s the old account which no longer is linked to my switch) but it gives me no way to log out, just to retry, which obviously doesn’t work.

I tried to delete the games save data but it didn’t change anything. I deleted the whole game and started the redownload, so hopefully that works.

Any ideas?

E: the redownload didn’t fix anything. I officially cannot play fortnite on the Switch :smith:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 13, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do we know yet if the switch is on the pc/ps4/bone engine or if it’s on the mobile engine or if it has its own branch?

I’m sure a big digital foundry breakdown is coming as well.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is the best thing to focus on for a beginner? I have played on PC and PS4, but I never really took the time to :gitgud: and mostly messed around with friends.

Building skills first, shooting, map knowledge, whats the best to focus on?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thoughts on the battle pass ITT? Is it fun/worth it?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm on Switch, so thats all I'll be playing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finally got my switch logged in. Holy poo poo is 50v50 doooooope. I know it will but I hope it never leaves.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If I buy the battlepass now is there really enough time to do the things required to earn the next battlepass, or am I better off waiting the couple weeks for the new season?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Getting dunked on is part of the fortnite experience. Just remember that there are 99 other people who got dunked on as well and it doesn’t seem so bad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m on Switch/Occasionally PC as One_T_Matt

Let’s squad up but please realize I will drag your squad down :reject:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Johnny Truant posted:

Upcoming stink bomb grenade is gonna be fuuuuun in Tilted, imagine just completely filling a building with them, haha.

Has anyone said fartnite yet?

No?

Fartnite.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How does fall damage work in this game? I feel like sometimes I slide down a hill a little too quickly and take damage, but last night I was playing and came across someone building a gigantic sky fortress, and I mean a crazy tall structure, so of course I did what any sane person would do and I threw a grenade at the base. When it all came crashing down, I assumed the person building it would be dead but they somehow survived to shotgun me while I ran in to loot their corpse with a grenade in my hand instead of a gun.

Lesson learned, but I have no idea how they survived

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No parachute, I watched him fall the whole way

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Retail Row is the place for chest cheevos. Land on the water tower to get the first one, then make your way through the mall, I'm pretty sure every building in the malll has a chest.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Good, I;m happy for any changes that mean the endgame is not "build with a shotgun"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Banned for cloning Jake Paul

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Turpitude posted:

Hi guys. Been playing a lot on Switch and PC! Please add my dead gay corpse to your friend list so that we can do the friendship challenges together. I'm going by Quesadilla Killa and will be changing name to something even stupider later.

I added you, I play mostly on Switch, I'm One_T_Matt

Unrelated, I really love the louder footsteps in this game. One of my favorite things is tracking them when they're nearby and trying to get the jump on people. Sometimes it even works!!

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/1011117015610740737

Using the positional audio to find chests is really satisfying too

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 25, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shopping carts will be back. And then removed, and then added, and removed once more and added again, and removed, and added and removed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got an idling victory today. It happens. I was idling because I was playing on my phone and I had to set it down, so I hopped down a pretty steep cliff on the edge of the map that was also in the final circle and no one ever figured out where I was. I’m pretty sure the last guy died to fall damage somehow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, lots of QOL improvements. The map markers showing up as giant light beams is nice!

They mention the replay viewer, does that exist on Switch? Where does one go to find that?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does playground show up in the duo’s/squads menu? I only have duos/squads/solo/Final Fight in there

E: oh, they shut down playground already? https://status.epicgames.com

“Resolved - We have corrected the issue affecting matchmaking, but Playground Mode will remain off for now. “

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 27, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It requires both joycons to play and both sticks to move and aim. I can’t see it happening with one hand.

Well, correction, if you walk to a perch and only camp and snipe you could do it maybe. But aim down sight and fire are on opposite joycons. If you kept ADS on maybe.

The nice thing is Fortnite is free, so download it and see if it’s playable for you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does this game even record KDR?

Also new battle pass confirmed for 7/12/18

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks!

In other news, playground mode is gonna own when it gets fixed

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8u8kep/1_hour_40000_materials_later/?st=JIXHTN1K&sh=1aff678e

It’s basically Fortnite Minecraft

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hm, is fortnitetracker.com down for anyone else?

E: never mind it’s working, I think it might not work with the www ?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fritzler posted:

Hey - playing in about half an hour. Add me - Fritz - SW-1126-9649-1114

You guys have to add each other with epic account usernames to squad up in fortnite. Not with Switch friend codes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I added you, I am also bad

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best way to git gud at building is to switch to the builder pro control scheme and randomly build structures to get yourself places as you head to the center. See something high up? Build a thing to get there

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr disrespect is the internet’s dumbest fake tough guy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He fits well with the 2018 loud=good hellscape

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cant wait to try out playground tonight (it came to Switch, right?)

Fortcraft

Minenite

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is July 12th now the new best day to buy the battle pass? I've never bought one before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

drat dude nice work! Are you using mouse and keyboard on PS4? You seem like you can build way too fast for just a DualShock.