Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Got into this towards the end of last season when a friend suggested it for the "do things in a loop and make progress" endorphins, and it's worked out really well!

Until I got to (C3S4 Paradise quest spoiler) trying to help kill the Herald and holy lord, I hate everyone that has ever looked at Fortnite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, if nobody tags her for a while, she resets.

Mr Hootington posted:

I ganked vadar from some dude fighting him.

I'll do it again with this lady.

I was hanging around trying to figure out a good sniping point when someone ran in and domed the Herald for about 95% of her energy. I finished her off and then bailed, since the quest triggered. Grabbed a bounty, recognized it as the person who had sniped the Herald, found them, killed them, grabbed the special Burst Rifle and used it to get a victory :toot:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I got hit with a ohko retreating over a hill when the other person was at the bottom and I assume they got me through grass. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes, the bear eats you.

I also came in #2 yesterday by getting lost in Rave Cave and dying to the storm, so

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

This sounds like a lovely and un-fun experience that did not exist before the buff to snipers. The game would be better without it.

It was hilarious and taught me to hide myself better on hills! You hit the button and get a new game. que sera sera!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mix. posted:

tip for those who are doing the Bytes quests to unlock the different chrome blade designs: when you get to the mission that requires you to deal damage to chromed wildlife, the summons that the Herald boss spawns count for that, so you can easily knock it out just going for her and killing them a few times (they have more HP than regular wolves, too, so I honestly think its the intended way to get that one done quickly)

You could always just throw chrome at animals or cars or whatever to make it chrome. Just figured that out today!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

the unabonger posted:

Can you fish people off building with the fishing rod?

I have definitely seen highlight videos of this season of people riding the rails and plucking people off buildings and then dropping them.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
My guitar works but boy oh boy if I see Swap Device one more time

This Rock Band version sucks!! I miss my cool Overdrive sounds and graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RodShaft posted:

I tried to get mine to work the first 3 days but couldn't get it off "swap Device" trying all the things Reddit said. I decided I'll wait for the next update to try again

I've had good luck having my guitar and a controller on, and just being sure to hit the controller buttons before the first track loads, then going back to guitar and hitting buttons and it's fine from there (tilt to overdrive isn't perfect).