Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
My kid has started playing this and wanted me to try. I’ve played lots of battlefield, PubG, and warzone. Should I just do the regular no build mode or jump straight into ranked no build?

I started playing two days ago and have got a few solo victories already. Are randos in this game that bad? Or is it a feature of tons of elementary age kids playing it? I am in no way great at battle royal games other than the usual of “relaid when you can, use cover”

Also a battle pass question. I checked out the battle pass in the first post. Can you still earn enough v bucks each season to purchase the next without spending more money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

That explains so much. I eagerly await getting my rear end handed to me by real players.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How many levels does a pass have in this game?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Racing is the perfect mode to just just drink and bullshit with friends as you level your battle pass

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I got my first crown in No Build BR. :unsmith:

Hell yeah

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I honestly enjoy the few races I play every day to get the dailies done. I can’t imagine spending money on it though.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Krang robosuit that plays his video game theme when you kill someone

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Mikey. Because he is a party dude.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

If this is real and there is an Iroh skin I will smash that purchase button so hard I’ll break my controller

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I had the same thought. Many of the characters in Avatar are minors but is Fortnite cartoony enough that it doesn’t matter?

I guess there is that Morty skin in a mech suit. How old is supposed to be?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I kind of wish Korra was done in the Fortnite style, like the Turtles. That's probably never on the table, though.

Yep. The turtles look fantastic. Also I want a skin of ptsd lesbian short hair season 4 Korra pls kthx

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

The April design was pretty good. I was hoping the avatar skins would be like that style. Oh well.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Are there any goon creators around here? I don’t buy skins in the shop much but would like to support a fellow goon if they have a registered name I could put in for the support a creator thing.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Hey, The Youth! Who here likes a little band called Kansas!

Carry on my Wayward Son is a great song and I won’t hear arguments to the contrary.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I teach in a small midwestern high school and my 200 or so kids listen to either country music or YouTube rappers I have never heard of. I doubt most of them have heard of Kansas so I agree with your statement. Most of the music I like and listen to during homeroom they hate.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I haven’t heard anyone talk about supernatural in several years

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I guess I just don’t get the rage over the item shop. I have bought maybe three skins in the little under a year I have played.

People online howling that the item shop is trash and there is nothing they want. Ok? Just wait and use some other skin.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Waiting for the battle pass to buy anything. I assume there will be a few others like how Splinter came later on and not in the pass.

If Zuko came with a “that’s rough, buddy” emote I’d instantly buy him though.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Fire bending is the only one I felt “meh” about. I like the big area splash but the individual blasts just didn’t feel great. Maybe more damage?

All the others I like. The insta wall with earth bending is great in no build as said above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Honestly I’m starting to like air bending more than the other. Just hitting it to NOPE out of a bad encounter has saved my rear end multiple times this morning while playing.

Also take some flowberry before you use it. Zooooooommmm