Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
We just started our winter break, so support is probably on a skeleton crew. I hope you hear back sooner, but let me know if you haven’t by Jan 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah the bugs are related. It’s a tricky one, but stay tuned.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

The FTC sure seems to think it’s a kids game.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Baller Ina posted:

Looked into this, wasn't it. Was hoping the new update would do something, but no dice. Really sucks, I have no idea what to do. :(

Contact player support?

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Amphigory posted:

As a newbie this has blown my mind 😬 I thought I was just lucky

I'm level 16 in this chapter - please tell me it's all humans. I just took out 7 people with the katana last round... Don't take that way from me...

I’m afraid it’s never all humans. But I bet those 7 players all were!

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

We know about the issue with Lorenzo’s shirt buttons, no need to report it.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Oh hey, I also work at Epic. I bet you all have lots of burning questions about Fortnite’s backend. Right..?Guys?

It’s bad.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

How is it bad? It seems reliable enough to me? Aside from the occasionally long queue times that is

Just bad tech debt from years of “oh god so many players just make it work asap” and overall outdated practices. Getting better though.

Rick Sanchez posted:

I really can't answer not only because I just can't give out info about stuff like that, but also because I simply don't know

Oh hey Epic buddy

:betterhellothere:

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah sorry, we had an issue starting at 11:00am pacific today, but it was resolved within about an hour.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

We have had a couple of epic employees post in here and I don't know if they still read the thread, but great season so far. 👍 you all hit it out of the park right away.

Thanks! Much appreciated positive news during a rough week for us backend folks.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

KingShiro posted:

Epic does nerf XP maps if they enter their radar. UEFN maps might still be broken, but regular ones have been paying out fine (the ones I have bookmarked, anyway)

UEFN maps can grant XP again.

We do scale XP grants up and down depending on factors and secret sauce in Creative and UEFN.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

There’s some info for creators here: https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/en-us/fortnite-creative/using-accolade-devices-in-fortnite-creative

But yes, you’re definitely right.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Thanks! Still here, hope the other Epic goons are as well. :love:

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

I know we have some Fortnite workers here and just want to give you my condolences on trying to keep two brand new things up and running along with the other stuff. Seems like it'd be a bitch!

Thanks. We’re launching another one tomorrow…

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Sgt Winter should be there now, that was a bugaboo but got fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

First few days after a season launch are always a little sweatier.