Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Shockwave bow + soaring sprints is so much fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Pulse rifle makes sense. Combat shotgun spamming, does not. That’s what needs to get nerfed. Bad players pick it up.

cope

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

welcome to my humble hurrrr

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Creative map 2810-9612-6569v14 is a super fun no build free for all. fun guns + great combat practice

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Creative map 2810-9612-6569v14 is a super fun no build free for all. fun guns + great combat practice

Also you rack up tons of xp from UEFN maps now, so can just finesse people with pump + flint knock for a while in this map and get like 200k xp

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

You can do a bot only zero build map using this code: 3190-3555-5468

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Rats with a pump and flint knock is a dub

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jestery posted:

I legit just treat fortnite as a tactical shooter

I love just playing in completely unexpected ways to get the drop on other players

Stuff like hiding in attics and waiting till a fight is over to take down a vulnerable enemy or just doing drivebys on a dirtbike to outcircle the turning speed of others. And getting the VR because I've engineers a situation where I win no matter what

rattin rear end mfer

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

tfue retiring... think i gotta take the rest of the day off to process this

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

New POIs are great and I always love the chaos of dropping there at the start of the season

Not a big fan of the new guns so far but that may change. I do feel like the combat smg is low key the best gun in the game rn

Ram rocket is hilarious. Slamming down on ppl in bunkers is so fun

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

E: beaten, bad

The Ch5 leak stuff is hype 🤯

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

The joke is that they're going to reuse the old ones wholesale

Nice loving joke.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Give me your tips for winning face-to-face engagements.

I started playing with a friend doing exclusively ranked matches, and together we push more than I normally do alone. I generally try to engage at medium to long ranges and catch people on the run. Now pushing more than normal, I'm losing a lot of face-to-face engagements. I've tried the maven and combat shotty, but I often get killed just in the cocking of the gun between shots. The combat SMG will fry people but it has so much kick I drat near run out of mousepad trying to combat the rise when you fire it.

How are you guys surviving close encounters?

-always play cover. If there’s no cover, don’t push
-try to get a right shoulder peek
-try to get high ground. Carrying bunkers or ice wall can let you do this if there isn’t natural high ground
-practice hip firing and make sure your sens is low enough that you can hit shots from your shotty or smg without ADS. Saves time + let’s you strafe much faster
-always be reloaded before you push

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I only started playing the game in Chapter 4 so this is all new to me. Map would probably be too open for a full length season but it’s fine for a month, especially with all the utility and lack of OP red dot ARs

Definitely feels like there’s less loot overall and especially less heals, don’t think I was full health/shield very much at all. Kind of like it

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Tfue back when

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Dracula Appraiser posted:

I talked about a deathrun I liked itt a while back. Not even mentioning a code, or any names. And that creator got the xp shut off on all their maps, including brand new ones made since, a few days later :laffo:

I normally wouldn't think anything of it, but there's also the one time I emailed epic support about something I was misinformed on. I was planning on apologizing if I did get a reply, since it got cleared up after the fact. By the time I checked again, the guy got back to me, and mocked me 3 separate times in this novel length reply he sent me, citing a fanwikia page. loving pricks.

They were right

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Only thing I would change about this season is fixing the automatic mantle bug. Map and loot pool are fantastic

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

December 2nd the Fortnite in game live event will happen.

The in game preview text is "Experience a new beginning, featuring an appearance by Eminem. But this isn't a concert... it's The Big Bang!" with this image:

Eminem will be a purchasable skin with 4 variants, 1 glider, 1 pick-axe, 4 back-blings, 2 emotes, and a possible music pack.

The end of chapter event will be
6 phases in total. set aside a chunk of time if you want to participate.
The live event will include aspects of many past live events, a concert, a preview of the Lego mode, a preview of the racing, and a preview of the new map plus some other surprises
Things left not encrypted on accident include something to do with the meteor, the rocketship, and a new jonesy skin

Full versions of the new Lego mode, racing mode, and rhythm mode are in files. The shop has some previews of what is to come.

Lego shop may include virtual Lego sets. It will include parts to customize your mini figure. It is separate from Fortnite main game.
Racing and rhythm may have their own shop too.

The Lego mode will be big. It is a procedurally generated open world minecraft type game.it has weather, seasons, npcs, quests, jobs, pets, crafting, combat. It is going to be a full fledged game by itself it sounds like.

Not a lot about the racing mode out there. May have it's own battlepass. It might connect to rocket league.

Rhythm game mode:

Based.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

they hosed uip

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

They reduced crouch movement speed. It annoys me.

the movement in general is so much worse and it’s mind boggling that they changed it so much. Epic employees reading this, please revert back to the Ch4 movement ASAP or you’ll be hearing from my lawyers. Oh, and you have 24 hours

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

FYI

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Pumps are always slow and this one isn’t any slower than the OG pump or sharptooth. You’re not supposed to take multiple shots in a row, you pump then swap to a spray like a striker, smg or pistol

The hammer is bad because it has low damage for a pump and is inconsistent/blanks a lot. It can still outplay an auto if you use it right tho

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I don’t know if any of you watch Zemie, but the man is a god with the grappler and I literally don’t know how he does some of the stuff he does.

He uses aimbot

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The lore is actually extremely rewarding if you take the time to understand it which clearly you lot of chucklefucks havent. Maybe show the writers some respect and learn a thing or two about the seven mkay?

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

So I'm not one to call hacking but my whole team was taken down in one shot apiece by somebody with a blue sniper rifle who then proceeded to do the same to another team. That's suspicious, right?

Check their name if you got replays turned on. Maybe one day you’ll be able to tell your grandkids you got clean swept by Tyler “Ninja” Blevins

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mpDcxodCU&t=85s

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoffEM27pgg

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Peterbot and Pollo dropping grim gate, conned by acorn and cold but they just beat em 3-0 off spawn and won the cash cup yesterday :stare: :tviv:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ninja has melanoma :(

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

He has 1 spot on his foot snd it was caught very early.

His cancer got nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

???