Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I had no idea there was a Fortnite thread. I just assumed goons didn't like the game. I started playing only in season 3 chapter 3 cause of zero build. Club President Helsie is my favorite skin followed by Ariana Grande, thank you for reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I like the toon/anime shader myself, but they should really do what they did for those high school skins where they gave the option to have either the toon shader, the regular fortnite shader or the in between one which I think looks the coolest

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The raccoon skin is finally in the game!! :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Goddamn this emote goes HARD

I wasn't sold on the skins when they were just still images on twitter, but seeing them in game, I think most of this battle pass is extremely good. Zues I'll never use, but the skin still looks good. Really I think the weakest one is the final skin, Hades. And most of those two skins still look good, but the face being just a guy with a gas mask on is pretty weak.

That snake emote above absolutely kicks rear end though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really want them to put back the feature where you could go into your locker and switch skins/presets while queuing up for another match. They brought it back for like a few hours on day early last season, but then it went away again?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I hope they one day add a boombox emote or let me attach jam tracks to existing emotes, cause I'm just never going to use the group band emotes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Can you even still use jam track emotes in BR? I haven't seen the option to do so recently outside of 1 game. In that game, another player started to jam and I was able to see jam tracks in my emote wheel. After that player stopped, I was not able to see them anymore.

Yeah if you have a jam track you can play it, but only one instrument.

Scuba Trooper posted:

Start jamming, then emote and you can use whatever dance you want

This seems to technically work, but you can still only choose one instrument. I want to just be able to play the song itself

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't understand why people lose their poo poo over this Midas guy. He's the most boring looking dude but also he's gold.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why was the first aids

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Do they need more Marvel stuff? Where's the Golden Girls

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't miss the hammer but I do miss the couple of weeks where both the katana and the attack on titan grapple thing was both in the game at the same time. I would try to find both to have on me, which wasn't too hard usually, and I would just fly around the map 3rd partying so many fights and then be out of there in like 5 seconds. It was great.

Honestly the attack on titan thing ruled, I never even used its attack mode, it was just insane mobility

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

They're removing rarities to cosmetics and people are VERY angry about it. People saying Fortnite is losing its identity somehow, and it's so wild how many players only care about a skin or whatever based on the completely arbitrary rarity color.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://x.com/theragingreaper/status/1777624582716825832?s=46&t=D43mFJSHH0rxuIO9HRRQrQ

They could already do what they want with the prices!!! They make the prices!!!!!! I feel like I'm going insane reading the responses to this today

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Vanderdeath posted:

The pricing changes really stink, to be quite honest. I like to play this with my nephews and we typically like to wear all matching outfits. Fortnite used to be pretty decent with its skin pricing but if they're bumping all of the crossover stuff up to 2000 ($16 USD), I understand the teeth gnashing.

Also does anyone have any XP replacements for Lego Fortnite? :negative:

Sure absolutely, I think "The price of things is getting too high" is a valid complaint and more people should be upset about that. What I don't think is a valid complaint is "the rarity colors are gone, now Epic can charge whatever they want for any skin!" as if they weren't doing that anyway. Epic controls the pricing, they control the rarity, neither thing ever meant anything. I don't buy the "my locker was more organized with the rarity colors" either because the locker was still a mess. It's also funny seeing people say "why don't we just get rid of the rarity of the guns in game then!!!" as if that's comparable and also sounds exactly like the WoW players who would say "why don't they just mail free legendaries straight to your house??"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I would spend so much loving money on LOST skins

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't know how anyone can possibly be excited for more Marvel stuff at this point.

More Star Wars though, I'll take that every time because people so badly want to get that epic lightsaber clip, they will not switch off of it to their own detriment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

You're leaving out the best part, they added an option to hide seeing 4 specific emotes, two of them were used for racist purposes (I forget the first one, but the other is the banana throwing one), and two of them being the Take the L and the godawful donkey laugh emote. This has made people VERY ANGRY