Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Old Man Pants posted:

I think it's just everyone who's wanted to go to sdcc in the past and seen what a gigantic loving hassle it is just saying nah gently caress that.

Basically. I’ve wanted to go for a few years now, but it seems like I’d be spending ridiculous amounts of money to make it happen, and ehhh. Nah.

Plus several of the major companies aren’t doing it any more. No HBO and no Marvel Studios remove a lot of hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Even if tickets were easy to get, it's too expensive if you have to fly.

And then hotel, and shopping, and meals out..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

bobula posted:

I got none of the exclusives I was shooting for in the portal but somehow ended up with a Lego one even though I didn't sign up for it?

Which one?

And if anyone could stop by the Mattel booth and pick me up one of the porg Millenum Falcon Hot Wheels things, I’d be most appreciative. :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm honestly kinda speechless how low profile comic con is this year

How does the wristband system work again this year? Has it all been handed out already and no more chances day of?

Apparently the wristband system wasn't working last night and everyone had to wait over an hour.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rich Johnston walks the con floor before it opened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNyFK0IxvMA