Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Erev posted:

I did the earlybird sale. I'm always a bit worried I won't get a spot in the hotel sale proper.

Same here. It's a lot less stress, and to be honest I don't mind getting away from downtown in the evening (I'm getting old and need some down time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Nerd HQ won't be back: https://sdccblog.com/2018/06/nerdhq-not-returning-to-san-diego-comic-con-2018-san-diego-future-uncertain/

This is a bummer. I went to Nerd HQ almost every year and loved the panels, which were a lot more intimate than the usual SDCC ones. It was a victim of its own success though; tickets for panels became real bitch to get in the later years.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Trolley passes are on sale now.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
If I didn't have anything else going on, I'd probably pop in to the Twilight Zone marathon. I love the show and it might be a nice way to relax and chill out.

So far my top things are the Breaking Bad reunion and the Twin Peaks panel (I missed last year's because I had to cancel going to the con because of spouse recovering from surgery). But this con is more about business than pleasure for me - going to be doing as much networking and handing out business cards as I can.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm waiting for the autograph schedule. Hoping that's up in the next day or two.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm lucky in that I'm a pro and can write off the ticket, hotel, meals, etc. But I just had to change my kid's school to one with tuition, and this SDCC may be my last for a while. (Plus my best friend I used to go to cons with passed away a few years ago.)

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Looking over the panels this year, there seemed to be a lot more focus on comics and related stuff. I wonder if there's an attempt to scale things back and help the event get back to its original intent.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm not into the games, but every time I walk past the gaming section I smile. It's the eye of the hurricane that is SDCC.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I've decided I'm not going this year. I've gone for 9 out of the last 10 years, and it's been fun, but we had to change my son's school and now I have to cough up tuition. Can't justify SDCC expenses. Will still hit WonderCon for one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Everyone have a good time. I can't make it this year because of budgetary reasons and being a responsible adult and poo poo, and I'm kind of sad about it.